Memories/Escape /S&D Characters help?

StaceysDisneyDream

Earning My Ears
Hi. Long time lurker here. Hoping you guys can help. We are looking at Disney for a potential elopement wedding. And reception back in the uk after. We already have a trip planned for November 2021 with both our parents.

Memories would be ideal for this and theres only 6 of us. I like the simplicity and the poly beach location. And would probably just pay for extra photography. Maybe at boardwalk. And book a meal and cake to celebrate. All sounds great and is within budget.
But... I want Minnie & Mickey photo’s. And this isn’t available with memories.

So then there’s escape. With this seems way more expensive just to be able to do characters. Seen as your paying for them regardless.

Also swan and dolphin seem reasonable for what you get. Not done too much research but I know people have had characters. Anyone know how they can be incorporated? I can’t seem to find an answer. Also I assume I could have photos elsewhere on property after a s&d wedding. I definitely want pictures at boardwalk. And somewhere with a castle view. (Why I like the poly beach)

I’ve also read about a catered meal on the 5th floor balcony at GF that doesn’t seem to cost the thousands that a dessert party would go reach the minimums. Can you add characters to that. ?

Any insight would be wonderful 😊 x

Welcome out of lurkdom!

The easiest thing to do would be to book a character meal after your Memories event. You can wear bridal attire anywhere on property except inside the parks (though sometimes the CMs will even let you in there if your gown isn't too long). Many Memories and Escape couples use character meals as a way to get photos with the mice in bridal attire.

When you do a Swan & Dolphin event, the characters come to the cake cutting, just like when you do an Escape event. So that might be a good way to save on the cost of Escape. And yes, you can take photos in bridal attire anywhere on property except inside the parks—it doesn't matter where your wedding was.

The 5th Floor balcony event is arranged via Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 1-407-824-1951. I've never seen them allow a couple to add characters (it's held in a public place where other guests can see them), but it never hurts to ask.

I think outside weddings etc. it costs quite a lot to have a private character meet & greet. I think it's about $1,000 for the first character and every additional character $500 for 20 minutes.
Probably without taxes. This girl did a private birthday dinner and added 4 characters to this. The charactes alone were $2,325 adashofluxury.com/how-to-plan-a-private-dessert-party-at-disney-world/

Welcome out of lurkdom!

The easiest thing to do would be to book a character meal after your Memories event. You can wear bridal attire anywhere on property except inside the parks (though sometimes the CMs will even let you in there if your gown isn't too long). Many Memories and Escape couples use character meals as a way to get photos with the mice in bridal attire.

When you do a Swan & Dolphin event, the characters come to the cake cutting, just like when you do an Escape event. So that might be a good way to save on the cost of Escape. And yes, you can take photos in bridal attire anywhere on property except inside the parks—it doesn't matter where your wedding was.

The 5th Floor balcony event is arranged via Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 1-407-824-1951. I've never seen them allow a couple to add characters (it's held in a public place where other guests can see them), but it never hurts to ask.
Thanks. I did want them in their wedding outfits so s&d might be the way to go. I know they cost a lot 🙈 but might just have to see when we’re down to actually booking. Cause I’m still thinking I want the poly beach. Too many decisions ha. Thanks for answering.

I think outside weddings etc. it costs quite a lot to have a private character meet & greet. I think it's about $1,000 for the first character and every additional character $500 for 20 minutes.
Probably without taxes. This girl did a private birthday dinner and added 4 characters to this. The charactes alone were $2,325 adashofluxury.com/how-to-plan-a-private-dessert-party-at-disney-world/
Yeah it’s expensive for the characters. But I know I’ll regret it if I don’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!