Memorial Day weekend through 2nd week of June -any difference?

Wubar

Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.
Hey all,

Was unable to get the BB offer for the week that we wanted (1st week in June), but they had the week prior (Memorial Day week) and the week after available. In your experiences, or any real difference in terms of crowds, temperatures, activities or festivals? Currently booked the 2nd week of June (10-15), but wondering if we should try to move it...

Thanks all!

Looks like not much difference in crowds/temps between those 2 weeks, although Memorial Day weekend is pretty high. Flower & Garden is still going Memorial Day week, but it is also peak pricing, while June is regular pricing. That may make a difference in lodging costs.
I would just keep what you have.

Weather won't be much different (still unpredictable - could be hot, could rain). Memorial Day weekend is going to be busy according to Touring Plans and has peak pricing. I would also stick with the dates you have.

Thanks mamamelody2 and AFwifelife! I think trying to move it to Memorial Day week is out, but we're still debating whether moving it to June 3-8 is worth it.

I think trying to move it to Memorial Day week is out, but we're still debating whether moving it to June 3-8 is worth it.

I don't think there's much difference anymore. Definitely not enough of a difference to worry about trying to move everything around for one week earlier. So many schools get out early now (we usually get out a few days before Memorial Day Weekend, but this year, we get out even a week earlier than that). We've never been ones to go as soon as the kids get out of school -- we always went the first or second week of June -- but, this year, we're actually going the last week of June because of some schedule conflicts, and from what I've followed on Touring Plans and other blogs over the past couple of years, I really don't expect it to be much worse than early June.

No expert here but I did Memorial Day last year and once before a number of years ago. And I have done mid-June once but that was 2006.

For one it does seem that crowds picked up on Memorial Day weekend from the week preceding it. Plus on average each week that goes by May to June to July seems to bring more heat, humidity and rain. And crowds. Last Memorial Day was pretty bad for heat and humidity. We mostly missed the rain (only one evening). I would definitely go earlier than later all else being equal. In other words if I was in your shoes I would move up to Memorial Day.

However, the rumors say Toy Story Land is opening that weekend.

Reading your second post about moving up a week but not Memorial Day, again, if it was me, I totally would do that all else being equal. If it was May I would say no. But June? Yes I would.

:wizard:

Last edited:
I would stick with the 2nd week in June. We've done the end of May - beginning of June for the last few years to catch the end of Flower and Garden. Last year we saw an increase in crowds on Memorial Day. This year we'll arrive just after. I was also there this past Sept. for F&W and earlier this month. Crowds have increased across every season, but if you can avoid the holiday it's a little less.

We usually do visit Disney for those 2 weeks most years. Not enough difference to worry about between the 2 weeks. Both will be hot and moderately crowded. It is a nice time to visit!

We've done both the first and second week of June and have not noticed much of a difference at all.

June is my favorite month to be there. This year doing first (full week), we have done first -3rd week and it is a bit more crowded/hot 3rd week of June. The first two weeks of June are always my preference.
Guess I was lucky to get the bounceback that week. However if TSL opens around Memorial Day all bets are off-may make DHS much more crowded!

June is my favorite month to be there. This year doing first (full week), we have done first -3rd week and it is a bit more crowded/hot 3rd week of June. The first two weeks of June are always my preference.
Guess I was lucky to get the bounceback that week. However if TSL opens around Memorial Day all bets are off-may make DHS much more crowded!

So YOU'RE the one who took my BB week! LOL. I figured there wasn't going to be much of a difference in crowds (you are right though, if TSL opens, DHS is going to be a MESS), but if I can possibly avoid an increase in a couple of degrees in temps by going earlier, I will definitely try. My wife can soak up the sun like a lizard. My son and I, on the other hand, are heat intolerant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter