Memorial Day Grand Gathering

Rog sent me a text and asked that I post that he is in site 2009. I will post ours as soon as DH tells me where they put him. I am still stuck here at work!

Rog sent me a text and asked that I post that he is in site 2009. I will post ours as soon as DH tells me where they put him. I am still stuck here at work!

I managed to get out of work early:woohoo: .
Still can't leave until the Morning but, I should be abe to get most of the last minute things done so we can get down there early. If we can't get our site early we'll just have to unload the cart and go visit.:banana: :banana:

I managed to get out of work early:woohoo: .
Still can't leave until the Morning but, I should be abe to get most of the last minute things done so we can get down there early. If we can't get our site early we'll just have to unload the cart and go visit.:banana: :banana:

ARGH! I want to leave too!

YaY!!! I was originally scheduled to work at THD until 10:30pm tonight and tomorrow I work from 8a-2p. I was scared "sh..less" that I would be so exausted for the MDGG tomorrow, that I'd be no fun at all. Well, I do NOT have to work tonight!! YaY!!! So... I'll be getting beer, soda, and the stuff to make my "pro-pasta" salad tonight so it'll be nice and marinated for tomorrow!!:thumbsup2

There's a 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, so I laminated NTSammy5's picture so he won't get wet!!:rotfl2:

Can anyone think of other items needing to be purchased? I can stop on my way over tomorrow if we need anything. I'll be leaving my house around 3:30, and it takes +/- 30 minutes for me to get to FtW.

Jen- I'll PM you my cell number just in case. Rog has it too. I also have Pete's.

I'm so excited.... and I just can't hide it!!!:yay:

If you laminate his picture, he won't be able to breathe and how can you give him beer and kungaloosh?

Man, you guys are going to have a blast! I'll be sure to have some kind of "adult beverage" for you guys this weekend, or heck, maybe a few ;)

Yea, it's pouring outside right now, and yesterday we had some of the worst rain in years, everything got flooded. I know that on Wednesday Orlando was covered in storms, and it looks like we're getting it again today. Hopefully you guys don't get much of it tomorrow, it's a lot of lightning and rain, no fun!

So you guys stay dry and stay safe, have a blast, and most of all, have fun!!!

Thanks, Chris!!

BTW... the picture of Beth & Reilly in the right corner of your siggy should be sent to Hallmark to make a card from. It is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

Case of Miller Lite for Pete.... check.
Case of mixed Irish Lager from NTSammy5.... check.
Laminated picture of NTSammy5.... check.
Coke & Diet Coke.... check.
Camera.... check.
Pro-Pasta Salad chilling in fridge.... check.
Two folding chairs & one small table.... check.
Cell phone numbers for Pete, Jen & DebbieT11.... check.
Full tank of gas.... check.
Waiting for the next 19 hours to go by.... CRAP!!! :rotfl:

I guess I have everything I need for the MDGG!!!

"And that's it and this is the only thing I need. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair."
Navin R. Johnson (The Jerk - 1979)

Sounds like you are ready to go....

Rog, Rog's wife and kids, BigKahuna & wife, Pete and his family, Christy and family...we all ended up at Pete's pad this evening for a warm up session, but mostly to make fun of me...

A 1hr 45min drive ended up taking 3 hours because of my dumb unluckiness. I had to stop 4 times because of stupid crap. First, DS's bike dislodged itself and I had to fix it and then proceeded to the sunpass lane in Ft. Pierce. I then stopped for a safety check at the service plaza and everything seemed fine. (stop 2)

Then, hell broke loose. First the weather, which blew little me in the jeep and the cart trailer all over the place. I think I was going 45 for a long while. After the rain I noticed a white ball bouncing under the trailer. Seems my DS had put a ball of string underneath the cart and I didn't notice. It was trying to wrap itself around the axel. (stop 3)Then, after the stop, an 18 wheeler blew by me as close as I will ever want to be to another vehicle at any rate of speed. My windshield to the cart blew up and smashed down and cracked and partially shattered. I also lost the license plate to the trailer in the mayhem. (I didn't notice this until I put the trailer in the overflow loop.) So, I am now contemplating calling FHP and telling them the plate is lost, however, brilliant me forgot the registration on the table beside the front door, so I have no idea what to tell them.

I think I have managed to break pretty much everything I have touched today, but oh well, I am finally on vacation!

TiggerinBama stopped by as well. I am sure we will see more people, but Pete's charcoal was burning out, so we all departed so he could cook his dinner.

More details tomorrow...very hot and humid today..

Boy Jen it sounds like you had a rough ride to the Fort. But hey you're there and the rest of us slobs are stuck at home having to work. Drink some for me and maybe I'll make it next year if I can remember to plan it in advance.

Rog, Rog's wife and kids, Lisa, Mike, Pete and his family, Christy and family...we all ended up at Pete's pad this evening for a warm up session, but mostly to make fun of me...

I think I have managed to break pretty much everything I have touched today, but oh well, I am finally on vacation!

TiggerinBama stopped by as well. I am sure we will see more people, but Pete's charcoal was burning out, so we all departed so he could cook his dinner.

I wish I was there too !! I hope you all have a GREAT time !!

I hope your luck changes Jen ;)

Jen-

I am so sorry that you had such a crappy and treacherous drive. Those Florida downpours are the very worst things to drive in - almost as bad as a blizzard! But you kept a cool head & made it safely, girl!!

We lost the windshield to our first cart somewhere on I-75 a few years back. It was a one piece sheild and just blew out & away!! We replaced it with one that folded down. Never had that problem again!:thumbsup2 Years ago, DH lost his bike off the back of our TT somewhere on I-4. When I put mine on the rack, I tied it down so tight that DH laughed at me. He wasn't laughing when he discovered his bike had blown away like Dorothy's house!

I hate those friggen truckers that think it's cute to swoosh you. They do it all the time to motor homer's. If I'm driving, I just give them the "one finger salute" so they know I think "they're #1"!:rotfl:

My big cooler is buried somewhere in our storage unit. I'm gonna stop at Sam's after work & get this really neat one I saw yesterday. It's only $26, and has wheels. It's cube shaped, deep, and well insulated. I only hope the drinks cool down by the time I get to FtW!

See ya in a few!!!

Rog, Rog's wife and kids, Lisa, Mike, Pete and his family, Christy and family...we all ended up at Pete's pad this evening for a warm up session, but mostly to make fun of me...

A 1hr 45min drive ended up taking 3 hours because of my dumb unluckiness. I had to stop 4 times because of stupid crap. First, DS's bike dislodged itself and I had to fix it and then proceeded to the sunpass lane in Ft. Pierce. I then stopped for a safety check at the service plaza and everything seemed fine. (stop 2)

Then, hell broke loose. First the weather, which blew little me in the jeep and the cart trailer all over the place. I think I was going 45 for a long while. After the rain I noticed a white ball bouncing under the trailer. Seems my DS had put a ball of string underneath the cart and I didn't notice. It was trying to wrap itself around the axel. (stop 3)Then, after the stop, an 18 wheeler blew by me as close as I will ever want to be to another vehicle at any rate of speed. My windshield to the cart blew up and smashed down and cracked and partially shattered. I also lost the license plate to the trailer in the mayhem. (I didn't notice this until I put the trailer in the overflow loop.) So, I am now contemplating calling FHP and telling them the plate is lost, however, brilliant me forgot the registration on the table beside the front door, so I have no idea what to tell them.

Just remember all us other poor schlubs that have to work all weekend and cant be there.....

Also, a bad day at the Fort is better than a good day anywhere else.

Wish I were there :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter