Memoral Day Trip Day 1

lynr

<font color=peach>How the heck were you missed!<br
We work for a half of day and left at 12pm. The limo picked us up at 2pm and we were on our way to the airport. I can't believe it but the plane (USAIR) left on time and we were in Pittsburgh in enough time to catch our flight to Orange County. The plane ride was very bumpy and we were not able to be served drinks on the way to Pittsburg so I figured the ride to California was going to be very long. Our plane left Pittsburgh right on time and we were served dinner which for airplane food was good. They showed the movie Chocolat which I hadn't seen and we arrived ahead of schedule in Calif. Onto Budget to pick up the Luxury car we rented for $35 dollar per day. I must say it was nice to see the bill at the end of the vacation read $0. I am also using them in Florida and there I was able to secure a luxury car for $23 per day. Great service I highly recommend them.
The drive to the Grand Californian was very nerve racking. I am not used to that kind of traffic, New Jersey doesn't have that kind of a highway system. My husband Bob was glad to be out of the Car.
We were greet promptly by bell services who took us up to Concierge to check in. I was very surprised to find out that not only did concierge check us in, they also checked in our regular room and had connected the regular room to my cousin's room and told us that everyone in both rooms should feel free to use the concierge services. The hotel itself is beautiful a lot like Wilderness Lodge. Though I found the hotel to not have the Disney feel to it like the hotels in Disney World. The room was very nice and I thought it was funny that they put a scale in the room, that the bellman said was supposed to be used to keep track of all the weight you gain while on vacation. After unpacking we decided to have dinner in the Storyteller Cafe, since it was close to 10 and they were getting ready to close we had to hurry down. I had the fruit plate and prime rib, my husband had spaghetti and my son and niece split a pizza and my mom had a hamburger, everything was great and we decided to go back to the rooms to decompress and turn in for an early morning in the Magic Kingdom.

Hi Lynr! Thanks for posting your trip reports. We're leaving on Saturday to visit DL for the first time. I've already heard horror stories about the traffic, but having survived Boston during rush hour too times to count, I'm prepared. Glad you had fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter