Membership Magic: Star Wars Galactic Gathering...SERIOUSLY?

Well, they are building a Space themed restaurant at Epcot behind Mission Space...but I don't think it will be ready for this event.

Star Wars interest is huge right now as people eagerly await the opening, so I think they're taking a "Make hay while the sun shines." approach while also gauging just what people will pay for anything SW related right now at the same time.

I’m surprised they are not waiting a week to hold this during Easter week...or maybe there is one for regular guests that week??!? $$$$

I’m going to be in Disney that week and the answer is no, just no. For that same price tag, I can attend both the MK and DS DAH nights that week with money to spare. I would have to be a diehard SW fan to pay that amount of money to drink blue milk and get a photo op with a Wookiee.

I’m going to be in Disney that week and the answer is no, just no. For that same price tag, I can attend both the MK and DS DAH nights that week with money to spare. I would have to be a diehard SW fan to pay that amount of money to drink blue milk and get a photo op with a Wookiee.

I'm a big SW fan, but there's no way I would even consider attending this!!

And all of that has been available at DHS for several years. I think they're just moving things from the Star Wars race over to that building and seeing if they can make some more money off of the props and characters.

I wish they still had the walk through prop attraction for a lot of different movies, not just focussing on Star Wars, kind of like they used to have at the tram tour exit and in the queue at Great Movie Ride. It would be a nice filler if they have any unused building space at the Studios. Low maintenance costs and would maybe help with some other attraction queue lines while people are cooling off, browsing at the props.

Last edited:
I wish they still had the walk through prop attraction for a lot of different movie, not just focussing on Star Wars, kind of like they used to have at the tram tour exit and in the queue at Great Movie Ride. It would be a nice filler if they have any unused building space at the Studios. Low maintenance costs and would maybe help with some other attraction queue lines while people are cooling off, browsing at the props.

Me too! I always wanted to take more time in the line instead of moving on to the tram or to the Great Movie Ride.

I am a Star Wars fan too, but this is too much money for this limited and not so special event, plus it is not at the right park. Do they think that Star Wars fans will pay exorbitant prices for what they are offering? Sure they could turn SpaceShip Earth into the Death Star--hmmm that would be cool, but still the price is too high.

I thought that was MAJOR click bait when I saw it! I got so excited, clicked it, and cursed them as soon as I saw what it was :sad2: We are rabid SW fans and the dessert party they do at HS is something we’ve always wanted to do but they always seem to stop it right before our trips(holiday time). I totally thought this was going to be at HS, even in front of the SW:GE gates or something would have been better than Epcot. But $225 for apps and pics is totally ridiculous, even by Disney-I drank the Kool-Aid-standards. I can see trying to build anticipation but at least make it something truly “spectacular” :chewy::darth:

If Star Wars fan and we arrive on the morning of the event but there is no way in you know what that I would pay that kind of money for so little. I do think they are using us to see what they can get away with charging for Star Wars special events. If it was this price and included access to GE, land, rides and snacks, that I would pay.

I was excited to see this on the member site... until I read the details. Epcot/Worldshowplace? Huh? And $225 for a buffet and photo opps? Wow.

TIW have the opportunity to book this. Price is listed in the email!

DISNEY FAMILY OF WINES WEEKEND, MAY 17 - 19, 2019

Savor life and all its magic at the Disney Family of Wines Weekend, May 17 – 19, 2019. Crafted for those whose passion for wine is as genuine as their love for Disney.

Explore flavors and interact with a collection of curated wines produced by winemakers and wineries that have a special connection to Disney.

Embark on a culinary adventure and indulge in the finer things in life.

This 3-day food & wine event at Walt Disney World® Resort includes:

• 30+ wines will be presented throughout the weekend in workshops and culinary experiences. Varietals of wine include, but are not limited to: Riesling, Grenache Blanc, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Viognier, Rosé, Pinot Gris, Chenin Blanc, Cuvée, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, and Sparkling Wine. Subject to change without notice.
  • 4 interactive workshops hosted by representatives from each winery, including Disney Legend Kurt Russell, producer of GoGi Wines and culinary experts. They will share their stories, recipes, and history of winemaking alongside their personal Disney experiences! – Subject to change without notice. Workshops include:
    • Chardonnay’s Expression throughout California
    • Discover OUR Family of Pinot Noirs
    • Secrets of Flavor
    • Wine Wonders and American Artisanal Cheese
  • Interact and learn from the following representatives from each winery. Subject to change without notice:
    • Chappellet Vineyard - Jay James, Master Sommelier and Director of Sales
    • Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard - Tim Snider, President of Fess Parker Winery and Vineyard
    • Frank Family Vineyards - Elizabeth Parenteau, Southeast Sales Manager
    • Kurt Russell’s GoGi Wines – Disney Legend Kurt Russell, producer of GoGi Wines and Jami Russell Way, COO of GoGi wines
    • MacMurray Estate Vineyards - Kate MacMurray, Spokesperson and daughter of winery founder and Disney Legend Fred MacMurray
    • Silverado Vineyards - Jon Emmerich, Winemaker of Silverado Vineyards
    • Skywalker Vineyards - Tom Johnson, General Manager- Skywalker Ranch and Vineyards
  • Intimate Welcome and Farewell receptions, two luncheon experiences, and gala dinner.
For detailed event information visit http://disneyurl.com/DisneyFamilyofWinesWeekend2019.

Event Itinerary - Subject to change without notice:

• May 17
    • Evening - Welcome Reception
  • May 18
    • Mid-Morning - Workshop 1
    • Luncheon Experience - Disney Family of Wines Storytelling Panel Luncheon
    • Mid-Afternoon - Workshop 2
    • Reception, Black & White Gala Dinner, and Fireworks
  • May 19
    • Mid-Morning - Workshop 3
    • Luncheon Experience - Kitchen Challenge Culinary Adventure
    • Mid-Afternoon - Workshop 4
    • Late Afternoon - Farewell Reception
As a Tables in Wonderland member, you have the exciting opportunity to book the event experience and receive an exclusive, commemorative gift.

Important Details

• $1,800 per person, tax & gratuity included. Space is limited!
  • Advance reservation required.
  • Event is available to guests age 21 and older with valid proof of age.
  • Accommodations is not included.
  • Theme park admission is not required to attend events and is not included in this package.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Tables in Wonderland members must present their membership card & photo ID to receive the commemorative gift.
  • Event components are nontransferable.
  • This event is non-refundable for cancellations made 120 hours or less prior to the first event or for no-shows.
  • All prices are in U.S. Dollars.
  • Book By: Friday, May 3, 2019
Booking Information

Unsubscribe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter