Membership Magic: Star Wars Galactic Gathering...SERIOUSLY?

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Are they kidding!?:scared1:

...From the website...

Whether you’re a supporter of the First Order or a loyal member of the Resistance, this evening will delight you.

Entertainment Highlights

• Get up close to some popular heroes and villains during special Character Greetings.
  • Enjoy photo ops with rare set pieces and props from the beloved movies.
  • Pretend you’re at The Cantina as you practice your best dance moves to the music of a galactic DJ.
Food Inspired by a Galaxy Far, Far Away

• Nosh on an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet of Star Wars-themed heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
  • Set your targets on assorted salads, small bites, a carving station, butter chicken, bean wat and delectable desserts.
Note: Characters, activities, entertainment and menu offerings are subject to change.

• Date:Wednesday, April 10, 2019
  • Time: 6:00 to 8:30 PM

This event is at EPCOT (not anywhere near SWGE) and is offered at the bargain price of $225 per adult and $210 for kids 9 and under.

With "perks" like these, I am sure that the direct contracts for Riviera will start flying off the shelves:rotfl2:.

The location does seem an odd choice. Will be interesting to hear from anyone who attends the event as to how it is run.

I've heard reviews of other events like this and from what I understand the food is very good and they enjoyed the experience. Star Wars events are not for me but maybe if it was another theme.

It appears to be nothing more than a 2 1/2 hour meet and greet with a few snacks for $225 per person. I gotta think there is something more here. What am I missing? Then again, it could be them gauging how much those crazy Star Wars fans will pay for ANY Star Wars event regardless of what it is or where it is.

We are going to be there on 4/10 (we will be there for the Star Wars Rival Run weekend), so I am interested in seeing if more information is released...

It appears to be nothing more than a 2 1/2 hour meet and greet with a few snacks for $225 per person. I gotta think there is something more here. What am I missing? Then again, it could be them gauging how much those crazy Star Wars fans will pay for ANY Star Wars event regardless of what it is or where it is.

We are going to be there on 4/10 (we will be there for the Star Wars Rival Run weekend), so I am interested in seeing if more information is released...

What in the world would make this worth $225/person ?

What in the world would make this worth $225/person ?
Apparently, Disney is drinking their own blue milk and they believe that if they slap "Star Wars" or "Galactic" on something, it is instantly worth 10x more than it's actual value:rolleyes1

It's almost insulting that Disney thinks that DVC members are just sitting here thinking about ways to throw away our money...like we see the words "Membership Magic" and reflexively open our wallets because it must be something special and valuable and we are just too stupid to realize that they are just gouging us??

I will be in Epcot to hear John Michael Montgomery!

I am pretty sure there will be those who go to the special and enjoy it.

I do things like the fireworks dessert parties, the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages and so forth. It is all perceptions of what is of value to you and how you chose to spend your money. I like Star Wars, I'm not an over the top fan, so this is something I wouldn't do, but if you have the funds, and really are into Star Wars, I wouldn't criticize you if you you decided to attend. People are free to spend and enjoy their money however they wish. I mean, how many people do you know that think you're nuts for spending thousands on a Disney timeshare?

I do things like the fireworks dessert parties, the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages and so forth. It is all perceptions of what is of value to you and how you chose to spend your money. I like Star Wars, I'm not an over the top fan, so this is something I wouldn't do, but if you have the funds, and really are into Star Wars, I wouldn't criticize you if you you decided to attend. People are free to spend and enjoy their money however they wish. I mean, how many people do you know that think you're nuts for spending thousands on a Disney timeshare?
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love some of the paid extra things that Disney offers. I have done several tours, F&W events and after-hours parties and I agree that "value" is in the eye of the beholder. This one just seems to be WAY off...$225 for 2 1/2 hours of a photo session with appetizers and dessert? I just don't get it?? I mean, it's twice the price of the Halloween Party (ok, it includes food) for half the time and it is triple the price of most of the dessert parties. Aren't the After Hours events (which include snacks) like 3 hours long and only cost about $150? (I can't remember) I can even see value in those because they include admission to attractions. This?? I just don't get it...I guess to each their own. I predict this will be about as successful as the paid lounge access at Reunion Station...heck, *that* even seemed like a better deal than this bargain.

$225 is obscene. Although, I've never heard of "heavy hors d’oeuvres", so maybe that's worth $120? Where I come from, we call a reasonable amount of food between 6:00-8:30pm "dinner".

I guess this is just another one of those tests to see what they can get away with in terms of how many will pay a substantial amount for a perceived premium experience. For me, I'll opt for a pretty good dinner for 2 at a signature restaurant for $225. Then again, I could buy exactly one direct DVC point at BCV! :D

So, this is a wake-up call for anyone who thinks there will be free member previews for Galaxy's Edge.
Yep. Imagine if a similar event will be held inside Galaxy Edge two weeks before opening with unlimited rides in the Millenium Falcon during the night. They could easily charge $999 per person.

$225 is obscene. Although, I've never heard of "heavy hors d’oeuvres", so maybe that's worth $120? Where I come from, we call a reasonable amount of food between 6:00-8:30pm "dinner".

I guess this is just another one of those tests to see what they can get away with in terms of how many will pay a substantial amount for a perceived premium experience. For me, I'll opt for a pretty good dinner for 2 at a signature restaurant for $225. Then again, I could buy exactly one direct DVC point at BCV! :D

Victoria & Albert's is $235/person for perspective.

I saw this on the website and had to read it multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing something! I cannot figure out how they can charge so much for what they are offering.

I saw this on the website and had to read it multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing something! I cannot figure out how they can charge so much for what they are offering.

Same! I thought it was a sneak peak of Galaxy's Edge or something special.

I noticed this the other day...oh cool another free DVC event. Lol, yeah, soooo not free! $225? Wow. I didn't read through the whole thing as even if it was 'free', we won't be at Disney then...didn't realize it was at Epcot...yeah, that really makes no sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts