Membership Magic Last Night 3/20

We went last night. I enjoyed it. Free meal, free ice cream. We got there a little early so we could check in right at 6 and get our meal voucher. My daughter bounded as Rey and took photos with most of the Star Wars characters. Rode most rides, left slinky for last. It was a half hour wait when we got in line at 12:15.

Oh. Also watched the Star Wars fireworks. Think they were better a few years back, but still enjoyed them.

My daughter said there weren't any really rare ones, but she took photos with Darth Maul, Rey and Chewbacca, Captain Phasma, and a Jawa. Plus some first order troopers. BB8 and Dath Vader and Lotso from Toy Story 4 were there but she didn't wait for them. Plus Mickey and Minnie and Buzz and Woody were there in their usual locations but with a much shorter line. She didn't want to wait for them either.

She also got some photos with Frozone, and of Chip and Dale in rescue ranger costumes at the dance party.

My daughter said there weren't any really rare ones, but she took photos with Darth Maul, Rey and Chewbacca, Captain Phasma, and a Jawa. Plus some first order troopers. BB8 and Dath Vader and Lotso from Toy Story 4 were there but she didn't wait for them. Plus Mickey and Minnie and Buzz and Woody were there in their usual locations but with a much shorter line. She didn't want to wait for them either.

She also got some photos with Frozone, and of Chip and Dale in rescue ranger costumes at the dance party.

Thanks for letting me know. Darth Maul sounds like a really cool one! I'm just wondering how much I get to pester my wife to stand in line to meet with fictional characters as opposed to going on rides, free of children, when we go next week. Every minute will be precious.

Are there different food choices at the 6 locations, or are there minimal choices, all the same, offered at all the locations?

There’s a little bit of variation. Vouchers were good at KRNR The Rock Station, Dockside Diner, Backlot Express, Rosie’s All American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, and Fairfax Fare, so you could order any entree off the regular menus at any of those.

There’s a little bit of variation. Vouchers were good at KRNR The Rock Station, Dockside Diner, Backlot Express, Rosie’s All American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, and Fairfax Fare, so you could order any entree off the regular menus at any of those.
Thanks! We went through and read all the menus so we get some good food without wasting a whole lot of time. :)

Thanks! We went through and read all the menus so we get some good food without wasting a whole lot of time. :)

If I remember reading something from the falltime Moonlight Magic from 2018, they roll back on how long each place is open. Something like Backlot Express and Fairfax Fare are open until midnight, but the others close at 9. I may be wrong about this, but it is something to keep in mind in case you are really hoping for one item from a specific place.

If I remember reading something from the falltime Moonlight Magic from 2018, they roll back on how long each place is open. Something like Backlot Express and Fairfax Fare are open until midnight, but the others close at 9. I may be wrong about this, but it is something to keep in mind in case you are really hoping for one item from a specific place.
This is from the food voucher from last Wednesday that someone posted online:

6:00 PM-8:30 PM
• Dockside Diner (Echo Lake)
• KRNR The Rock Station (Sunset Blvd)

6:00 PM-12:30 AM
• Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
• Rosie’s All-American Café (Sunset Blvd)
• Catalina Eddie’s (Sunset Blvd)
• Fairfax Fare (Sunset Blvd)

Just an FYI. While they use the normal menu for the location it is not the FULL menu. I know this because I had looked at the menu online and had decided I wanted this really good sounding grilled chicken sandwich. When we went to get dinner it wasn’t on the overhead menu and I thought the website hadn’t been updated but I asked the cashier just to be sure. She indicated that they were offering a limited menu for the DVC party. This was definitely the case because a couple days later I went into Backlot Express For a drink and the chicken sandwich I had wanted was on the menu that day along with a couple other entrees not offered at the party.
If I recall correctly my friend had a similar experience at one of the places on Sunset BLvd too. This happened at the Oct 2018 events

Just an FYI. While they use the normal menu for the location it is not the FULL menu. I know this because I had looked at the menu online and had decided I wanted this really good sounding grilled chicken sandwich. When we went to get dinner it wasn’t on the overhead menu and I thought the website hadn’t been updated but I asked the cashier just to be sure. She indicated that they were offering a limited menu for the DVC party. This was definitely the case because a couple days later I went into Backlot Express For a drink and the chicken sandwich I had wanted was on the menu that day along with a couple other entrees not offered at the party.
If I recall correctly my friend had a similar experience at one of the places on Sunset BLvd too. This happened at the Oct 2018 events
Ugh, good to know. Thanks for the warning. I had gone through and picked out what I wanted. At least I won’t be blind-sided in the moment if it’s not available.

We went. It was great. We didn't meet any characters. We got there around 7:30. We ate. The lines for food were crazy, which we expected. We opted not to watch the fireworks or do the special showing of Fantasmic. We rode Rockn roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Alien SS, TSM, SDD, and Star Tours. We also had ice cream bars and walked around the new Incredibles area. Lines weren't too bad. The longest we waited was for SDD about half an hour, which we did towards the end of the night.

We went. It was great. We didn't meet any characters. We got there around 7:30. We ate. The lines for food were crazy, which we expected. We opted not to watch the fireworks or do the special showing of Fantasmic. We rode Rockn roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Alien SS, TSM, SDD, and Star Tours. We also had ice cream bars and walked around the new Incredibles area. Lines weren't too bad. The longest we waited was for SDD about half an hour, which we did towards the end of the night.
Good report!

How limited were the food offerings?

Were the lines not too bad all night, or primarily during events, like the fireworks and Fantasmic, that draw people away?

Good report!

How limited were the food offerings?

Were the lines not too bad all night, or primarily during events, like the fireworks and Fantasmic, that draw people away?

I thought the food offerings were good. The menus were a bit limited but all seemed to have a good selection. We did MM last year at AK. The only offering was a hotdog and chips. We used our vouchers on Sunset Blvd. DH got in line and got the kids pizza at Catalina Eddies. (one had meat lovers, one had pepperoni, and one had cheese). My mom was with us too. She also got a pepperoni pizza. I think all they had on the menu that night was pizzas, but not really sure as I didn't get in line for this one. I got in line at Fairfax Faire. I had the Empanadas Platter, DH the Mojo Pulled Pork sandwich. I think they normally have 6-7 menu items, but that night the choice was between 4 options, the two we got, the Pork Tamale and the Salad.

The lines fore everything were long at the beginning of the night as people were still finishing up their day. We went over to TSL during Fantasmic and were able to ride Aliens SS and TSM with little wait, but then lines started to build. I think the line for SDD was like 50 min. when we finished up those attractiions. We left TSL and rode Star Tours (5 min wait), Tower of Terror (20 min wait- one side went down while we were in there) and Rocking Roller Coaster (15 min wait), got ice cream, and looked around the new Incredibles area and then came back toward the end of the night to ride SDD. We still ended up waiting about 30 min for SDD. That is still way better than during the day.

We had a great time at the party. Got there pretty early and got a wrist band right away with no wait. Headed over to Backlot and redeemed our vouchers for dinner. We were then able to get on Swirling Saucers with less than a 10 minute wait (around 8:30), then on to wait in SDD line for about 45 mins, got to watch the SW fireworks while waiting. Met Lotso, DW met Darth Vader while DD and I munched on Mickey Bars. Signed the Riviera drywall, did ToT and DD did the dance party for a bit (danced with Goofy, Max Goof, Chip and Dale), then some shopping and on our way out. Only thing we felt like we missed was TSSM, which had a 45 min wait and we had done earlier in the trip.

Overall, I think it was a great event. We did the VIPassholder event the next night at Epcot and while that was cool also, not nearly as much as the Moonlight Magic - no free food of course, and dance party had no characters, we also felt rushed since it was 1 hour shorter.

We had a great time at the party. Got there pretty early and got a wrist band right away with no wait. Headed over to Backlot and redeemed our vouchers for dinner. We were then able to get on Swirling Saucers with less than a 10 minute wait (around 8:30), then on to wait in SDD line for about 45 mins, got to watch the SW fireworks while waiting. Met Lotso, DW met Darth Vader while DD and I munched on Mickey Bars. Signed the Riviera drywall, did ToT and DD did the dance party for a bit (danced with Goofy, Max Goof, Chip and Dale), then some shopping and on our way out. Only thing we felt like we missed was TSSM, which had a 45 min wait and we had done earlier in the trip.

Overall, I think it was a great event. We did the VIPassholder event the next night at Epcot and while that was cool also, not nearly as much as the Moonlight Magic - no free food of course, and dance party had no characters, we also felt rushed since it was 1 hour shorter.

We did the VIP Passholder Party too. They had Judy Hopps there at least for a little bit. I agree it felt much shorter than MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!