Member of my party may not be able to come, won’t know until after fastpass window. Ticket advice?

hburke01

Earning My Ears
We are a party of 5 but one member of our party does not know 100% if she will be able to attend. She will know prior to us having to pay in full but after our fastpass window. What is the best approach for getting tickets so I do not lose all of our fast passes if she cannot come? When I talked to a cast member when I made the reservation she said if I have to cancel her park tickets all of our tickets will be cancelled and have to be redone. AH! Should I get tickets from an outside source? Can I return her ticket if I do this and she does not come? What is the best thing to do?

I’m sure someone with more experience with me can chime in here to give you specific answers. However, it just does not make sense to me... that one person ( ur guest) controls all ur FP’s.
Very best of luck and have a great visit.
Pixie dust ur way!!

Why don't you buy your tickets and then hers separately? Does it have to do with them being tied to the rooms? If you get hers separately, you can then link her account to yours so you can do her FPPs. But I would look at outside retailers (including AAA) to see if there are any deals.

Why don't you buy your tickets and then hers separately? Does it have to do with them being tied to the rooms? If you get hers separately, you can then link her account to yours so you can do her FPPs. But I would look at outside retailers (including AAA) to see if there are any deals.
If I do that am I able to return the ticket is she does not come? That is my concern as I don’t want to miss out on my 60+ fastpass window (especially because we are going Xmas week) but also do not want us to be stuck with an extra ticket if she cannot go

Generally "returning the ticket" is not a thing that can be done. If you purchase from a third party like Undercover Tourist, they allow returns – but only if the ticket has not been linked.

This is a situation where the advance FP booking is a detriment to people who can't commit at least 60 days in advance. You can take your chances that you'll be able to add your additional party member to your FPs later on, but be warned it will be obviously difficult for the more in-demand rides.

If you buy paper tickets from Undercover Tourist, you can return them if you don't link them in MDE. Don't think you can return their e-ticket orders. Regardless, I think it's nearly impossible to find someplace to buy tickets and be able to return them after they've been linked (for FP purposes). I'd just hold out getting her ticket and book FPs for everyone else. If she can't come, no harm done. If she can come, you can make additional FPs for her and try to get them to overlap with your times.

My .02

Only purchase the tickets you know will be used.

Link and make your FPs with those tickets at 60.

It’s simple (of course “simple” depends on whether or not MDE is working smoothly o_O) to “copy” FPs to another party member if he/she is able to travel with you.

Unfortunately, your friend may miss out on popular attractions. Although it is easier to search/add one FP at a later time than it is for multiple guests.

We are a party of 5 but one member of our party does not know 100% if she will be able to attend. She will know prior to us having to pay in full but after our fastpass window. What is the best approach for getting tickets so I do not lose all of our fast passes if she cannot come? When I talked to a cast member when I made the reservation she said if I have to cancel her park tickets all of our tickets will be cancelled and have to be redone. AH! Should I get tickets from an outside source? Can I return her ticket if I do this and she does not come? What is the best thing to do?
If I do that am I able to return the ticket is she does not come? That is my concern as I don’t want to miss out on my 60+ fastpass window (especially because we are going Xmas week) but also do not want us to be stuck with an extra ticket if she cannot go

The easiest solution is to ask for Guest Services. They most certainly can add/remove guests from a package prior to full payment without affecting everyone/everything else.

The easiest solution is to ask for Guest Services. They most certainly can add/remove guests from a package prior to full payment without affecting everyone/everything else.

Yes I agree I think this is best and what I will do. Hopefully if I take screenshots of all of my fast passes in case they do get dropped in the process they can manually put them back on the remaining tickets and just release one per time slot.

The CM you spoke with doesn't know what she is talking about. If you have a package with tickets and you have to remove a guest from the package, it will not affect anyone else's plans on that package. Take screenshots if you'd like and try to make sure to remove the person prior to the 30 day balance payment mark so you won't have to pay a $50 change fee.

The CM you spoke with doesn't know what she is talking about. If you have a package with tickets and you have to remove a guest from the package, it will not affect anyone else's plans on that package. Take screenshots if you'd like and try to make sure to remove the person prior to the 30 day balance payment mark so you won't have to pay a $50 change fee.
That is good to know! Thank you. She will know prior to the 30 day window which is why it seems based on what everyone has said it seems best to keep things through Disney directly.

Even if the cast member was correct about canceling all the tickets and reticketing, I’m pretty sure that your fast passes will be held on your account for a while (I think 24 hours after you cancel) until they disappear. We had to cancel a trip after making fast pass reservations. After we canceled the package reservation (hotel and tickets), I received a warning that the fast passes would be canceled unless I linked a valid admission ticket within a certain amount of time.

We dropped my husband from our reservation on Monday when we were arriving on Saturday. I had to pay the $50 fee, but nothing else got messed up. They even let me drop the upgrade from free DDP to DXDP that we were only doing because my husband likes to do signature dinners.

We dropped my husband from our reservation on Monday when we were arriving on Saturday. I had to pay the $50 fee, but nothing else got messed up. They even let me drop the upgrade from free DDP to DXDP that we were only doing because my husband likes to do signature dinners.
That is good to know a first hand experience. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter