Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Wow, you did well with the food card! It is such good value considering you can use it afterwards and the offerings are decent. I didn`t know you could use the cup later for HHN, that is good to know. I`m with you on the parade, can take it or leave it.

Yes, that classic ET smell is lovely, and immediately recognisable. We bought the candle, but it wasn`t just as authentic as when you walk into the building.

Oh jalapeno margarita......love em!!!! I haven`t found a cocktail I haven`t liked at Universal yet, and I have tried most I think lol....I might have wary of the one with Fanta, but it sounded so nice, glad you enjoyed it.

Vivo is one of the best Citywalk restaurants, never disappoints, haven`t had the dishes both you and Andi had, but they did look nice.

Loving this TR!!!

We wanted the souvenir light up cup. You can use the cup at all the booths. It cost $17.00 initially and all refills after that are $13.00 for 20 oz. vs 12 oz. It is a good deal and I found out you can reuse it at HHN. Another plus for Universal with this deal! I wish we could reuse our refillable mugs at Disney with a discount price!
Not a bad deal. I'd love if Disney would do similar. But... oh well.
Chilaquiles Verdes
Tortillas topped with chile braised shredded chicken, salsa verde, cilantro onion mix with lime crema and cotija cheese.
That sounds great!
Chicken Schnitzel
Fried crispy chicken thigh cutlet served with mustard and a lemon wedge
Surprised to see that... kinda just naked like that. Usually you'd see that with a Hunter Sauce.
This simple dish was really tasty, again made to order and the chicken was juicy and tender with a wonderful breading. The mustard and lemon really added to the dish!
Glad it was juicy... would've been not so great otherwise.
Bavarian Pretzel with Obatzda
Warm pretzel with Bavarian beer cheese dip
mmm... pretzel...
The pretzel was a little dry but the dip was really good.
<sigh>
I'm always so excited to see pretzels like that and so often disappointed. I want fresh! There was a place in the mall here where they'd make them fresh to order. Yum!
I sent this Tshirt to Joe and told him I bought it for him, haha 😆 He said you are crazy 🤪
:laughing:
I had the seasoned salt and Andi had the ghost pepper one. We had to wait a little while because again making to order. These were delicious. I loved mine.
I've had similar, elsewhere. They are good!
Parade Punch
el Jimador tequila, pineapple-chipotle syrup, basil syrup topped with Fanta Orange®
I'd have that! :)
We did stop at Voodoo donuts to pick up some donuts for our room. Andi reminded me not to go overboard lol 😝
I love the Voodoo doll, it is always very fresh and has raspberry jam inside.
ooohhh... that sounds good!
Vivo is an open kitchen restaurant with seats at the kitchen counter.
Right! I was trying to remember if that was the one DD and I had been to. :)
We did have a good view of the chefs and pasta making going on. It was really fun to watch.
I love open kitchens. It's like a free show with your meal!
It was a perfect dinner.
Good!
We rode the Minion blasters and Andi did better this time than our first time in September and beat me! My one time win over her at a shooter game was short lived, boo 😒
Aww... Poor Caroline. :)
We rode MIB next and of course Andi beat me, however a younger guy in our vehicle, maybe around Andi’s age, smoked Andi, lol 😆 I had to laugh.
The new Dreamworks area near ET should be opening soon. You can see Shrek’s swamp and house, looks cool!
Oh? This is news to me. Just one more reason to head back, some day.
It worked so well and much quicker. No fingerprint slow down!
:thumbsup2
I agree, sometimes it is just fun to hang out in the HP areas and immerse yourself in all the theming!
::yes::

loved our stay at RPR - it was so convenient to the parks. I liked it much better than Portofino Bay for the convenience factor (although PB was a beautiful resort). You’re right, though - you can’t beat that included Express Pass!
It is a wonderful resort and the walking path is really nice! We like the bigger rooms and more quiet atmosphere at Portofino slightly better. I have never stayed at Hard Rock yet. It is always more $$ than the other two
I heard about this deal - I agree that it’s a great deal.
I was really glad we could get in on this deal! Happy we have 2 $150 cards for HHN!
100% agree. Both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are SO well done.
I love it! It is such a favorite and if you can get in early before all the crowds it is amazing!
Oh my goodness, this pizza looks DELICIOUS. Many of your snacks looked very tasty, too.
The food was delicious and the wait staff awesome! As you could probably tell we had started eating before the pictures lol 😂
So many good food options. The drinks looked pretty good too. You really maxed out on getting deals for your food and drinks.
I think between Saturday and Sunday we got to try most of the booths on our list and we loved all the items and drinks!

Love your trip reports. I did my first mother/daughter trip with DD in Nov and we had a blast! Now I am trying to figure out how to squeeze another one in this year.

Enjoying your trip report and the wonderful pictures.

The print I found is Halloween inspired and I love it! The artist was at the booth and he was signing the prints. Here is the print I bought and the Artist info on the back! I love it and will frame it and likely display it all year long!
The picture is awesome. I love Halloween. Getting the Artist signature makes it more special for sure.

It is so nice that you and your daughter enjoy going to Disney together. A wonderful time spent bonding on vacation. Making memories that will last forever.

My hubby does not like to travel anymore so I sometimes go to Universal on my own or with family. Last two years my younger sister has gone to HHN with me. We do have fun.

I’am a retired RN and my younger sister K who travels with me sometimes is a RN (still working) also, as is my older sister D who is also retired. It is nice to hear of another RN that enjoys the parks.

The Sugar Daddy picture was funny you sent to your hubby.

The food and cocktails you have enjoyed so far look and sound delicious.

They used to offer something like that at Epcot F&W, and you could use the tabs towards alcoholic beverages. We still have the Sip & Savor pass in CA, but it's only good towards food items. I don't buy them anymore because you have to eat eight different items, and I usually end up with tabs left. I heard this year they tried virtual tabs.
This would be so nice especially if they had something for the AP holders like Universal does
I have never wondered! If we're going to Universal we have always stayed on property.
Same! It is an easy choice
I need to go back. Especially now that I'm more mobile!
Definitely I’m glad you are more mobile!
I did not even know there was a hot butter beer! I've only had cold and frozen.
It is newer and was seasonal but I believe you can get it all the time now! Really tasty
I have a lot of movie catching up to do. I've never seen that movie.
Watch The Mummy! It is really good!
Hmmm....maybe I don't need to worry about this one.
Wicked ride!
I didn't even know that they had this going on!
We have been before during this time but we never tried the food booths until this year!
I would probably end up picking off all the cilantro, but otherwise it sounds good.
I like cilantro thank goodness it doesn’t taste like soap to me!
This sounds absolutely delicious!
It was simple but the chicken was delicious
I would be with you on the salted one.
It was perfectly deep fried and seasoned just right
I'm not sure about this....mostly the Chipotle part.
The Chipotle just balanced the sweet parts
It's hard not to go overboard there! Although I'm not a big fan of cereal covered donuts.
I usually always order to many donuts lol 😂
I think I'd be OK with this one without the arugula. I guess I'm not a fan of funky greens.
I love arugula on pizza and this balanced the funky truffle flavor
wish I could eat eggplant, but it makes me feel itchy all over.
Oh no don’t eat it! You must be allergic!
That is an amazing deal!
It really is a good deal and Ilove it doesn’t expire
Wow! Will definitely book a Premier resort when I finally get to Universal.
So worth it even just one night you get 2 days of the EP
That's another great dael!
The cup for the festival is such a good deal and I was watching Mammoth Club and found out Universal will honor the discount with the same cup at a later time of year at HHN.
Sounds like a great end to your day. :)
It was a really nice evening!

Wow, you did well with the food card! It is such good value considering you can use it afterwards and the offerings are decent. I didn`t know you could use the cup later for HHN, that is good to know. I`m with you on the parade, can take it or leave it.
We made good use of the food card and have 2 more for September yay!
I didn’t think we could use the cup over until I watched a YouTube video and it said Universal lets you reuse the cup at HHN! That is awesome. I’m sure we will get another cup as well but it is good to know.
The parade is fun but not a favorite or a must do for us!
Yes, that classic ET smell is lovely, and immediately recognisable. We bought the candle, but it wasn`t just as authentic as when you walk into the building.
I love this smell! It was nice and prominent this trip. The last few trips it seemed less or not the same but glad to say it is back to how it should be!
Oh jalapeno margarita......love em!!!! I haven`t found a cocktail I haven`t liked at Universal yet, and I have tried most I think lol....I might have wary of the one with Fanta, but it sounded so nice, glad you enjoyed it.
Andi loves the Jalapeño ones. The Fanta one was quite good, not my favorite but definitely a hit!
Vivo is one of the best Citywalk restaurants, never disappoints, haven`t had the dishes both you and Andi had, but they did look nice.
We really enjoyed Vivo! Very fresh food and a fun atmosphere
Loving this TR!!!
Thank you Carole :love:

Not a bad deal. I'd love if Disney would do similar. But... oh well.
Great deal overall and I wish Disney would do something like this!
Surprised to see that... kinda just naked like that. Usually you'd see that with a Hunter Sauce.
Haha 😆 what is Hunter Sauce? It didn’t look really plain but wow it was made just right and seasoned perfectly
I'm always so excited to see pretzels like that and so often disappointed. I want fresh! There was a place in the mall here where they'd make them fresh to order. Yum!
I agree! Have you had the pretzel at Baseline Taphouse? Best one I have had in all the parks!
I've had similar, elsewhere. They are good!
I loved the twisted taters
I'd have that!
It was a good drink and who knew I liked Fanta orange in a drink!
ooohhh... that sounds good!
The Voodoo doll donut is delicious highly recommend
I love open kitchens. It's like a free show with your meal!
It was fun and I watched one of the chefs making gnocchi I loved it!😊
Aww... Poor Caroline. :)
Shooter game expert I am not :rotfl:
Oh? This is news to me. Just one more reason to head back, some day.
It is where the old Curious George splash pad and Woody Woodpecker rollercoaster was. It should be opening this summer.

Love your trip reports. I did my first mother/daughter trip with DD in Nov and we had a blast! Now I am trying to figure out how to squeeze another one in this year.
:thanks: :banana: Glad you are reading along! Yay to a trip with your daughter and I am glad you had a wonderful time. Definitely make time to do another this year! Andi and I have so many wonderful memories with our trips and I hope many more!
Enjoying your trip report and the wonderful pictures.
:thanks: I’m very happy to have you reading along!
The picture is awesome. I love Halloween. Getting the Artist signature makes it more special for sure.
I really enjoy when the artists are at the festivals. He was busy visiting with all the guests. He was really nice
It is so nice that you and your daughter enjoy going to Disney together. A wonderful time spent bonding on vacation. Making memories that will last forever
It is really wonderful. Andi is grown now and our trips have changed some but overall I cherish each and every one and I hope there are more to be had!
My hubby does not like to travel anymore so I sometimes go to Universal on my own or with family. Last two years my younger sister has gone to HHN with me. We do have fun.
This sounds very familiar. My husband doesn’t enjoy the theme park life! I have also traveled with my older sister and she loves Disney and Universal.
I am traveling with both my sisters to Disney the end of April! It is coming up soon.
I’am a retired RN and my younger sister K who travels with me sometimes is a RN (still working) also, as is my older sister D who is also retired. It is nice to hear of another RN that enjoys the parks
I was an ICU RN for many years and being in the bubble at Disney and Universal was just what I needed and still do! Such a nice escape from a stressful career!
The Sugar Daddy picture was funny you sent to your hubby.
I thought Joe would get a good laugh!😂
The food and cocktails you have enjoyed so far look and sound delicious.
I was surprised how much we enjoyed all the different Mardi Gras treats!
I have been reading your TR about your Mardi Gras trip and love all your pictures and attention to detail!

Great deal overall and I wish Disney would do something like this!
Disney doesn't do "great deals"... Disney does "Deals just good enough to get you to come here and spend even more money"
Haha 😆 what is Hunter Sauce? It didn’t look really plain but wow it was made just right and seasoned perfectly
It's a mushroom sauce. Here's a picture of what a dish would look like:

1712802946240.png

I'm sorry. I didn't get that? What did you say? "OMG! That looks delicious!"?
Yes. Yes it is.
I agree! Have you had the pretzel at Baseline Taphouse? Best one I have had in all the parks!
You know... I'm not sure?
It was a good drink and who knew I liked Fanta orange in a drink!
I just saw an article that Fanta was invented in Germany. This from the interwebs (slightly redacted)
"It was created in Germany in 1940. Fanta was created during World War II by German Coca-Cola (GmbH) bottling company. Because of the war, there was no shipping Germany and the United States. Therefore, the German bottling plant could no longer get Coca-Cola syrup."
Shooter game expert I am not :rotfl:
It is where the old Curious George splash pad and Woody Woodpecker rollercoaster was. It should be opening this summer.
Considering I don't remember where those were...

:rolleyes1

I'm sorry. I didn't get that? What did you say? "OMG! That looks delicious!"?
Yes. Yes it is.
That does look delicious even at 6am! I love a good mushroom gravy!
I think the schnitzel is supposed to be just plain?
Now I want chicken and gravy tonight!

See and I thought that was called a Jagerschnitzel.
It is! Who wants just plain ol' schnitzel??
That does look delicious even at 6am! I love a good mushroom gravy!
I think the schnitzel is supposed to be just plain?
Now I want chicken and gravy tonight!
Like I said to Alison... who wants plain ol' schnitzel?? Throw it in a bun with some condiments or something at least! :laughing:
Somewhat behind and to the left of ET! It was a kid’s area mostly so may not have been on your to do list! I think it will still be geared for younger kids.
Yep. That's probably it. ::yes::

It’s up, no it’s down!

We were up early this morning. It was our last full day in Orlando, boo 😒

I slept well and was up bright and early. Our plan was to go into IOA for early morning entry. If you stay at a Universal resort or have the AP I have, you can enter at 8am. One hour before regular park time.

It looked like it was going to rain some today. We packed up our rain gear and took the walking path to the park. There was a long line at the security on the path. This was the first time I have ever seen a long line! The line did go fast thank goodness!
IMG_2024-04-13-112434.jpg
We made it over to IOA and lined up around 7:30am. Our plan was to head right to Hagrid’s ride.
IMG_2024-04-12-175311.jpg
We walked into the queue fairly quickly once we entered the park. The queue is long but it moved fairly fast. I had to put my backpack in the locker since we had rain gear.
IMG_2024-04-13-112201.jpg

IMG_2024-04-13-112117.jpg
The ride is really a thrill and I enjoyed it! I’m always a little nervous before riding. Kudos to Universal for making this awesome ride! It has many cool elements including, a drop, going backwards, going fast, and really amazing animatronics! I always ride in the side car! A little less intense!
IMG_2024-04-13-112037.jpg
We were off the ride by 8:30 and Andi wanted to check on Velocicoaster.
IMG_2024-04-13-111747.jpg

We headed over and it was up and running, however in a matter of minutes it was down again. We decided to walk around Seuss landing and Andi kept checking her phone and the ride was back up again.
She hurried over, while, I took my time and went into the Discovery Center to wait for her.
IMG_2024-04-13-112318.jpg

IMG_2024-04-13-111917.jpg

She was gone about 30 minutes which is a long wait for her! She was able to ride it but the whole wait was a gamble. It was up then down and so on! She lucked out and did get one ride on it and by the time she got back to me, the ride was down again!

I think it did stay down most of the day after that.

IMG_2024-04-13-113532.jpg
We took the Hogwarts Express to Universal Studios. I love the train and Hermoine’s voice was way better. Yay! True Potter fans know what I mean. The actress, who played Hermoine, didn’t provide the voice over on the train and it was really bad! It didn’t sound anything like Hermoine. I am glad they fixed it. More realistic now. :thumbsup2
IMG_2024-04-13-113443.jpg

We arrived in Studios and it was definitely going to rain soon.
**I must disclose all the pictures except the 2nd one were taken on a different trip! :rotfl: It was very cloudy and threatening rain the whole time, it was not bright and sunny 😎

Last edited:
We looked in some stores as we waited for the Mardi Gras booths to open.
Mardi Gras treats and some rain to deal with!
IMG_2024-04-13-122725.jpg
Our first booth was New Orleans. We were first in line.
IMG_2024-04-13-122817.jpg
Our choice was
IMG_2024-04-13-122907.jpg
Fried Green Tomato Po'Boy

Flash fried green tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickles and Cajun remoulade served with Cajun kettle chips.

This was made fresh and really delicious.

We also had the category 5 punch. This was very good.

It did start raining and we found a spot by the booth with a stoop and an awning. It gave us enough cover from the rain.

I think the Po Boy was best of the fest for me. 1️⃣🏆

I sent Andi to get more treats while I stayed undercover

We also shared
IMG_2024-04-13-123044.jpg
Arepa de Choclo

Traditional sweet corn cake filled with cheese and griddled with honey butter
• Food is Vegetarian

This doesn’t look great but wow this was delicious

We also had the
IMG_2024-04-13-123000.jpg
Pão de Queijo

Brazilian cheese bread
Gluten-Sensitive * Food is Vegetarian

The little soft puffy cheese bread delicious!

The rain slowed to a drizzle and we headed off to get another drink.
IMG_2024-04-13-122558.jpg
I don’t have the description but it was really good with notes of pineapple.
IMG_2024-04-13-123122.jpg
We decided to check out the Mardi Gras Tribute Store
IMG_2024-04-13-122519.jpg
It was a haunted river boat in New Orleans. It had some cool spooky effects. It wasn’t as good as some of the other ones. The Jurassic Park and HHN are my favorites with The Christmas one a close second.

We looked in the monster store, I love this place. We also checked out the AP lounge area and received our magnets and PH lanyards. It is always nice to get a free gift.
IMG_2024-04-13-130101.jpg
We went to ride ET but it was down.

Andi decided to ride rip ride rocket while I stayed safely on the ground.

Once Andi was back on the ground, we tried a sweet treat
IMG_2024-04-13-123217.jpg
Cookie Butter Liege Waffle

Warm crystalized waffle topped with cookie butter, whipped topping, Biscoff® cookies

• Food is Vegetarian

This was yummy! We both loved it.

This booth was in The Minion Land area. We checked out some of the newer Minion shops before getting the grapefruit beer at the Germany booth.

Once we finished the beer 🍺 we walked back to our resort for a little rest.

Stay tuned for a delightful evening. This is Rum? :confused3

One hour before regular park time
All the food you picked looks so good! I think it’s great that Universal gives a full hour of early entry for resort guests.
The ride is really a thrill and I enjoyed it! I’m always a little nervous before riding. Kudos to Universal for making this awesome ride! It has many cool elements including, a drop, going backwards, going fast, and really amazing animatronics!
Hagrid’s is one of the best coasters I’ve been on. It really does have a lot going on!

It was our last full day in Orlando, boo 😒
Boo indeed. There should be a magic reset button you could press at that time that zips you back to the first day of the trip.
If you stay at a Universal resort or have the AP I have, you can enter at 8am. One hour before regular park time.
Sure wish Disney would bring back the whole hour...
IMG_2024-04-12-175311.jpg
Can do without the snow.
The ride is really a thrill and I enjoyed it! I’m always a little nervous before riding. Kudos to Universal for making this awesome ride!
::yes::
I always ride in the side car! A little less intense!
:laughing: Aww... poor Caroline.
Nice shot.... but fake! Previous trip shot!
We headed over and it was up and running, however in a matter of minutes it was down again.
:(
Yay! She got on!
She was able to ride it but the whole wait was a gamble. It was up then down and so on! She lucked out and did get one ride on it and by the time she got back to me, the ride was down again!
She's lucky she managed to ride!
I love the train and Hermoine’s voice was way better. Yay! True Potter fans know what I mean.
It's been too long. I don't remember what it sounded like.
**I must disclose all the pictures except the 2nd one were taken on a different trip! :rotfl: It was very cloudy and threatening rain the whole time, it was not bright and sunny 😎
Fried Green Tomato Po'Boy
Ooohh... that sounds delish.
Arepa de Choclo
Traditional sweet corn cake filled with cheese and griddled with honey butter
This doesn't sound great...
This doesn’t look great but wow this was delicious
...aaaand I'm wrong.
Pão de Queijo
Brazilian cheese bread
This doesn't look great...
The little soft puffy cheese bread delicious!
...aaaand wrong again.
It was a haunted river boat in New Orleans.
So cool!
We also checked out the AP lounge area and received our magnets and PH lanyards.
I had no idea any of this existed!
We went to ride ET but it was down.
:( That's too bad. Such a fun ride.
Andi decided to ride rip ride rocket while I stayed safely on the ground.
Cookie Butter Liege Waffle
Gonna stop guessing. It looked good, but if I said so, you would've been "It was terrible!" :rotfl:
This was yummy! We both loved it.
Okay! I would've been right!

We also had the
IMG_2024-04-13-123000.jpg

Pão de Queijo

Brazilian cheese bread
Gluten-Sensitive * Food is Vegetarian
I spy a hidden Mickey :rotfl:
You got some really tasty sounding food. I like the sound of the Po Boy and the liege waffle really appeals to my sweet tooth. Glad you found shelter from the rain. Isn’t it handy when you bring an offspring along on a trip so they can go scavenge for food while you stay dry :rotfl2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter