Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Back then the extra evening hours for resort guests (all guests) went until like 3am!
I don't think I ever stayed anywhere near that late, but... it'd be nice to have the option.
And to spread guests out a bit, too.
The driver got a little turned around going into DHS and had to circle around, we eventually made it.
You'd think it'd be second nature. I mean... surely they get calls to go there often?
Our priorities were TSM, ToT, and Rise, anything else would be a bonus!

I had TSM and ToT booked on Genie and I had paid for Rise earlier in the morning.
Gonna say you've given yourself a pretty good shot at doing them, then.
I mean who doesn’t love the Muppets? If you don’t like it, please don’t let me know, it would make me sad 😢
No one does not like the muppets.
IMG_2024-02-24-181828.jpg
:laughing:
I was checking the MDE and Rise was down, oh no!
Uh, oh...
It was time for TSM. Andi loves this ride.
It's such a good ride! Far superior to Buzz, IMHO.
Edna Mode so we went in to see her.

She loved Andi’s glasses
:laughing:
We had a short wait and back row again for us. The first row is my favorite
You can always ask for the front row...
The lady next to Andi was very nervous and Andi was afraid she was going to throw up 🤮
:scared:
As you can see, I even let go of the handle for the picture. 😂
Caroline the brave!

That's your new nickname.
Rise was still down. We talked about it and decided to nicely ask for a refund since we would not be back later on today.
Well, poop!
We went to a guest service area to talk with the CM. She was very nice and refunded the cost of Rise without any issue.
:)
One of the nice things about Disney... they actually try to keep their guests happy.
I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got the refund. $50.00 for the two of us, yikes! 😱 Rise is really expensive.
:eek:
our room was facing the pool which was closed and under construction.
Oh, good! No loud splashing noises!
The crew was jack hammering concrete when we arrived. It was loud.
Oh...
Well, nevermind then.

Hopefully it won't be too bad for your next day.

Wow have you all seen the crowds at Disney this past week? I know it was President’s Day week and it has been crazy busy! Andi and I used to travel this week every year for many years. It was her winter break. Back then the extra evening hours for resort guests (all guests) went until like 3am! Disney needs to bring that back to disperse the crowds some! I thought are mega people week was busy but it was nothing like the pictures I have been seeing from this past week!
I heard it was bananas last weekend. A friend from home was there in early January and said the parks were unbearable.
I had TSM and ToT booked on Genie and I had paid for Rise earlier in the morning.
Good choices!
It was time for TSM. Andi loves this ride. She would rather ride this than Slinky Dog. Andi had best in our vehicle and I got my normal 130,000 and ranked Beaver once again!
I have dreams of getting to your level. Rabbit forever here.
She loved Andi’s glasses 👓 They had to get a picture of just the two of them looking marvelous in glasses! 🤓
So cute!
It has grown on me! I keep my feet firmly planted and it doesn’t freak me out as much! As you can see, I even let go of the handle for the picture. 😂
Woohoo Caroline!1
We went to a guest service area to talk with the CM. She was very nice and refunded the cost of Rise without any issue. I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got the refund. $50.00 for the two of us, yikes! 😱
$50 USD!!!!! Holy smokes, that is almost $74 CDN.
We took a bus back to the resort. our room was facing the pool which was closed and under construction. The crew was jack hammering concrete when we arrived. It was loud. We worried some about the next day. We wanted to rest in the afternoon before the After Hours event.
Hope you were able to get some rest and the noise wasn't too bothersome.

It was time for TSM. Andi loves this ride. She would rather ride this than Slinky Dog.
TSM is one of my favorites. I only ride Slinky Dog if I am forced to do it. ;)
We went to a guest service area to talk with the CM. She was very nice and refunded the cost of Rise without any issue. I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got the refund. $50.00 for the two of us, yikes!
That's nice that they are giving refunds now. It seems to me that it was hard to get a refund in the past.
The crew was jack hammering concrete when we arrived. It was loud. We worried some about the next day.
The jackhammering would worry me, too. It is loud and hard to escape the sound.

I'm with you. I really, really miss those extra hours evenings. I always preferred them to the early morning hours. There is nothing like being in the park at 1 or 2am. Once upon a time, I tried to do the 24 hour day at MK. It was a trip I took my niece on. We made it until about 3am and then tapped out. Ahh...the good old days.

I really miss the parks being open until 3 a.m., too. It was so much fun being hopping around from attraction to attraction, feeling like you were the only ones in the park!

I think I'm starting to feel the same way as you about TOT. I used to absolutely hate the ride, but I've gone on it twice now with the kids, and I feel like I can at least handle it now. Good to know about keeping your feet planted, though! I'm definitely going to remember that.

Sorry you had to miss Rise. Ugh, I don't like looking at the ILL prices. I just close my eyes and click select. :rotfl:

I hope the construction noise wasn't too much of an issue for you.

I’m excited to read another Caroline and Andi trip report!

I went back and finished up your fall trip - I’m glad you had a great time at Universal. HHN is not my cup of tea, but happy you and Andi had a wonderful time. I’m also glad the Horror Nights Express Pass was worth it and worked so well for you!

I got stopped for extra security.

The park entry procedures will be new for me - I’ve tried to read all the tips I can! Considering I’ll be pushing a double stroller with several bags, I think I’m doomed for extra security every single time this May (but I may send my husband and girls through the bagless line to get us spots in the entry line).

It was time to head straight to Dinosaur

Of course! I’m thrilled you got several (empty!) rides in first thing in the morning. My five-year-old is VERY excited for Dinosaur (which surprises me a bit considering the fright factor, but she’s watched the ride video multiple times and loves it). I think our best plan is to start in Dinoland and then do the Safari either before or after Avatarland (depending on how lucky we are with return times when booking Genie+/ILL for the Avatar attractions).

The lady next to Andi was very nervous and Andi was afraid she was going to throw up 🤮 Thank goodness she did not!

Oh goodness! I’ve never had that concern on Tower of Terror - perhaps I should. :scared:

That said, I’m glad you’ve grown to like the attraction! It’s my favorite in all of Disney World - as least until I try several of the new (to me) attractions!

We enjoyed the show. I mean who doesn’t love the Muppets? If you don’t like it, please don’t let me know, it would make me sad 😢

I love the Muppets. Danielle didn't like them, but she doesn't like 3D or 4D shows. Her Disney friends have helped her to have a true appreciation for it now.

We decided to check out the Incredible area outside of TSL. Frozone was out with no line. It was fun to meet him.

I love how bright and colorful the Frozone photo is.

It was fun to see a few characters especially ones we haven’t seen in years!

I'm so happy to see so many characters back.

The lady next to Andi was very nervous and Andi was afraid she was going to throw up 🤮

Oh dear. She doesn't look goo in the photo.

I was not a fan the first few times I rode it! It has grown on me! I keep my feet firmly planted and it doesn’t freak me out as much! As you can see, I even let go of the handle for the picture. 😂

I love TOT. I'm glad you like it now.

We went to a guest service area to talk with the CM. She was very nice and refunded the cost of Rise without any issue. I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got the refund. $50.00 for the two of us, yikes! 😱 Rise is really expensive.

That is expensive. Good thing you got that refund.

I haven't stayed at POFQ in years but it's such a pretty resort and just the right size.

Glad HS was a hit even without Rise. Love the photo of Andi and Edna looking fabulous with their glasses. Sounds like a fun meet.
Thank you! Andi’s hair was driving me crazy this trip, it was long and in her eyes all the time. She got a haircut and I like it shorter! Here she is with Kait
IMG_0522.jpeg
I loved POFQ when we stayed there years ago especially the wee boat to DS. So handy. Hoping the construction noise doesn’t drive you bonkers and you actually get to rest up for the after hours event.
I really love FQ it is the perfect size with good food and yes the boat to DS is so nice and relaxing! The construction noise was the loudness that first day, thank goodness!
Waiting with bated breath on the “unexpected hiccup”. Hope it’s not a nasty one
Haha 😂 it was a bummer especially with only a couple days at the parks!

I don't think I ever stayed anywhere near that late, but... it'd be nice to have the option.
And to spread guests out a bit, too.
Andi would stay with a few friends until 3am. I could make it until about 1am. It was really nice to have that option. MK is so crowded nowadays, ugh!
You'd think it'd be second nature. I mean... surely they get calls to go there often?
I think she must have been new. I was on my phone otherwise I would have told she was going the wrong way!
Gonna say you've given yourself a pretty good shot at doing them, then.
Definitely need the Genie+ on these short trips otherwise you would spend the whole time in line!
No one does not like the muppets.
Exactly who are you if you don’t like it?? it is fun watching people enter who haven’t experienced and you can tell they are skeptical and soon they are laughing and enjoying it!
It's such a good ride! Far superior to Buzz, IMHO.
I totally agree way better than Buzz Lightyear
You can always ask for the front row...
I would love to but Andi feels like we are being bothersome and doesn’t like it if I ask :confused3
Caroline the brave!

That's your new nickname.
I do feel like I am braver lately trying all these rides!
Well, poop!
A big stinking pile of poop 💩💩
One of the nice things about Disney... they actually try to keep their guests happy.
I wasn’t sure if they would say well it might be back up later so come back
Oh, good! No loud splashing noises!
I would normally never want a pool view room, to noisy, haha joke was on me!
Oh...
Well, nevermind then.

Hopefully it won't be too bad for your next day.
It the loudest this day thank goodness!

I heard it was bananas last weekend. A friend from home was there in early January and said the parks were unbearable.
I was looking at pictures and it looked crazy crowded in MK!
I have dreams of getting to your level. Rabbit forever here.
I’m so glad someone wants to get to my level :rotfl:
$50 USD!!!!! Holy smokes, that is almost $74 CDN.
I know ridiculous I sure miss the virtual queue for Rise
Hope you were able to get some rest and the noise wasn't too bothersome.
It was better the next day thank goodness
TSM is one of my favorites. I only ride Slinky Dog if I am forced to do it. ;)
Andi was getting mad at me when Slinky was new and I always got a FP for it, she wanted one for TSM instead!
That's nice that they are giving refunds now. It seems to me that it was hard to get a refund in the past.
I know, I thought she may have said we need to come back later and ride!
The jackhammering would worry me, too. It is loud and hard to escape the sound.
We timed it perfect because the next day they were shoveling the broken up concrete so no Jack hammering yay!
Following along! Wow, that is awesome! How cool to even have your own car.
Yay :thanks: and :welcome: I loved riding Dino 3x with my favorite daughter ❤️❤️

I'm with you. I really, really miss those extra hours evenings. I always preferred them to the early morning hours. There is nothing like being in the park at 1 or 2am. Once upon a time, I tried to do the 24 hour day at MK. It was a trip I took my niece on. We made it until about 3am and then tapped out. Ahh...the good old days.
I agree! I forgot about the 24 hour days Disney did a few time at MK! Wow how cool you did one! We weren’t down there during the few time they had those! I miss the good old days!
I really miss the parks being open until 3 a.m., too. It was so much fun being hopping around from attraction to attraction, feeling like you were the only ones in the park!
It really was, like an after hours except you didn’t have to pay extra it was just part of the on site experience, sigh 😌
I think I'm starting to feel the same way as you about TOT. I used to absolutely hate the ride, but I've gone on it twice now with the kids, and I feel like I can at least handle it now. Good to know about keeping your feet planted, though! I'm definitely going to remember that.
It really has grown on me! My sweet son told me to do that with the feet and he was so right! It doesn’t cause that uneasy stomach feeling! I do it all the time now. It works!
Sorry you had to miss Rise. Ugh, I don't like looking at the ILL prices. I just close my eyes and click select.
It was a bummer, I love this attraction but the cost is getting crazy! I’m like you and just quickly press the button to get the time I want!

I’m excited to read another Caroline and Andi trip report!
Yay! :thanks: :welcome:Glad to have you here! I found your PTR and started reading about your upcoming May trip!
I went back and finished up your fall trip - I’m glad you had a great time at Universal. HHN is not my cup of tea, but happy you and Andi had a wonderful time. I’m also glad the Horror Nights Express Pass was worth it and worked so well for you!
I never in a million years thought I would be a HHN person! It really was fun and scary all at the same time! EP is the way to go!
The park entry procedures will be new for me - I’ve tried to read all the tips I can! Considering I’ll be pushing a double stroller with several bags, I think I’m doomed for extra security every single time this May (but I may send my husband and girls through the bagless line to get us spots in the entry line).
There aren’t bagless lines anymore, everyone goes through the metal detector now and you keep your bag with you, you will have to put your stroller in a certain spot and they will check that and you will then go through the metal detector.
Of course! I’m thrilled you got several (empty!) rides in first thing in the morning. My five-year-old is VERY excited for Dinosaur (which surprises me a bit considering the fright factor, but she’s watched the ride video multiple times and loves it). I think our best plan is to start in Dinoland and then do the Safari either before or after Avatarland (depending on how lucky we are with return times when booking Genie+/ILL for the Avatar attractions).
oh my gosh I love your daughter lol 😆 She has awesome taste in rides! I hope she likes it! I would get a NRJ Genie + for 9 and Fancy ride for FoP and I would do Dinoland first. You should be able to get a LL for Safari and Everest pretty easily after you tap in for NRJ.
Oh goodness! I’ve never had that concern on Tower of Terror - perhaps I should.
I never had either until Andi pointed it out 🤮
That said, I’m glad you’ve grown to like the attraction! It’s my favorite in all of Disney World - as least until I try several of the new (to me) attractions!
I love the theming on Tower it is amazing! 🤩

I love the Muppets. Danielle didn't like them, but she doesn't like 3D or 4D shows. Her Disney friends have helped her to have a true appreciation for it now.
I’m so glad Danielle has converted to appreciating the Muppets. It is one of the shows I can see over and over!
I love how bright and colorful the Frozone photo is.
It was fun to see Frozone. I remember meeting him years ago with Mr. Incredible in the launch Bay Area! Mickey use to be there too
I'm so happy to see so many characters back.
I love meeting characters
Oh dear. She doesn't look goo in the photo.
I agree I don’t think she knew what the ride was!
I love TOT. I'm glad you like it now.
I’m proud of myself, haha 😂
That is expensive. Good thing you got that refund.
It really was for one ride!
I haven't stayed at POFQ in years but it's such a pretty resort and just the right size.
It really is one of my favorites! It is funny how my two favorite moderates are FQ and Grand Destino because they are so different from each other!

Andi would stay with a few friends until 3am.
Ah youth... I remember it semi-well...
Definitely need the Genie+ on these short trips otherwise you would spend the whole time in line!
::yes::
Exactly who are you if you don’t like it??
Right????
it is fun watching people enter who haven’t experienced and you can tell they are skeptical and soon they are laughing and enjoying it!
:laughing: I never thought of that!
I would love to but Andi feels like we are being bothersome and doesn’t like it if I ask :confused3
Tell her to close her eyes and plug her ears. Sheesh.
I would normally never want a pool view room, to noisy, haha joke was on me!
:rolleyes:

Thank you! Andi’s hair was driving me crazy this trip, it was long and in her eyes all the time. She got a haircut and I like it shorter! Here she is with Kait
IMG_0522.jpeg
Great photo of them both. Andi’s new haircut looks great.
Haha 😂 it was a bummer especially with only a couple days at the parks!
Oh no! At least you’ll have another trip in the future to get things right 🤞

Following along, I always love your mother/daughter trips! Goals for all of the rest of us!

I was drooling at the food pics. So yummy!

Ah youth... I remember it semi-well...
I remember it seems like yesterday, time flies!
Tell her to close her eyes and plug her ears. Sheesh.
I know, she should mind Her own business :rotfl:
Great photo of them both. Andi’s new haircut looks great.
Thanks 😊 I use to have my hair really short in my 20s and I wore glasses before LASIK surgery so she looks like me except I always had blonde hair!
Oh no! At least you’ll have another trip in the future to get things right
Yes, see below on our plans!
I remember seeing so many great characters in there. We even saw Kim Possible and Ron Stopable.
How cool!
Following along, I always love your mother/daughter trips! Goals for all of the rest of us!
:thanks: And :welcome: I’m so happy to have you following along!
I was drooling at the food pics. So yummy!
Out food this trip was really good!

Hey Everyone 👋👋

I interrupt this regularly scheduled TR for a little PTR info.
1709168627932.gif
Today was my 60 day mark! I made a few ADRs. It was tough because my younger sister is ultra healthy and eats like a bird 🦅 a very little bird! So I didn’t reserve too many things!
1709168948449.gif

It was super easy to get reservations this morning and the site was working!
1709169063687.gif
We arrive by 12:00pm on a Sunday and depart at 6:00pm on the following Saturday

I want to get a Savor the Savannah tour for us and I can’t book this yet! I’m excited for my third time on this! I love it that much. Donna is excited to do it again as well. I think Helen will like this more than a dessert party at MK, in which she wouldn’t eat much of anything there.

Sunday, Pool lounging for a few hours and DHS in the evening. No ADR at this time
1709169130206.gif
Monday, AK day and hoping to get the Savor the Savannah tour this day, No ADR at this time. Evening extra hours at Epcot, we plan on going! I will try for a later Guardians at the 6pm drop.

Tuesday, MK, I made a Tony’s ADR for noon. I hope to get a patio table for FoF viewing. We can get the scrumptious garlic bread and parmigiana fondue. There is also several salads and a soup option.

Wednesday, Epcot, F&G treats, MK for evening extra hours with a Skipper Canteen ADR at 6:30pm. We will watch HEA in the back of the castle.

Thursday, Morning in DS then DHS, ADR for Fantasmic seating at Sci-Fi for 4:30pm

Friday, Epcot, F&G treats and Narcossees at 8:15 to watch HEA and have one fancy dinner. I have never been here! Tell me your thoughts!

Saturday, Topolinos for breakfast at 9:10am or Homecomin Brunch at 11:15am. I’m not sure which one I will keep! My sister Helen doesn’t eat eggs so I’m not sure if we will even do either one. AK for a few hours and pool time or DS before leaving around 4:00pm for the airport.

Let me tell you, I do not like the fact that I have to make Park Reservations still as an AP holder. It makes me really angry 😡 Donna and Helen don’t have to make any reservations! I don’t get it! I stay onsite and live out of state, ugh!
1709169282726.gif
Donna and Helen can spontaneously walk into Epcot every morning if they want to and I can’t! How dumb is that!

We are staying at The Beach Club so who wouldn’t want to walk into Epcot for a pastry from La Halles!! I’m restricted 🚫 No croissant for me! I could make my park reservations for Epcot everyday but it is the principal! Who else feels this way! Let me know your thoughts!
1709169375397.gif
We will likely do Genie+ most days and add fancy rides! I got both sisters game for trying Guardians, ToT, and Tron!

Here we are with our brother John and my mom! She turns 90 in March!
IMG_2024-02-28-185732.jpg
I think that is it for now. I will resume my TR soon. Thanks for reading along and commenting! I love it. 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter