Meeting Safari Steve and other DIS members

NJmouse

DIS Veteran
I met Steve today on our way out of MK. He is very nice. He asked if I saw anyone in the park from the DIS. I did notice 2 people today with the HD green mickey heads. One was on a backpack at the HM. The other was on a lanyard with DIS written on it. I passed him near the Ice Cream shopped off of Main Street. I also met the other night on our DVC members Illuminations cruise that I set up. KWNVIKING and his DH, Madthe mouse and DD and friend. Toonacator and his DD. Barrie and Sue. I hope all of them had fun. My DH and I were glad to meet them.

I would just love to meet Steve.

It's wonderful meeting other DISers. Did you enjoy the Illuminations cruise?

Hope I don't sound too ignorant, but how do you know Steve when you see him? Do you just ask any CM at MK you see with "Steve" on his nametag if is he is Safari Steve?

Last year when we went I looked all over for Safari Steve and Tyler but never found either. I heard Steve might be working the JC at MK and when we were in the barbar shop another cm from JC came in and we were talking. I asked him if he knew Safari Steve and by the blank look that came across his face I knew my answer, lol. He told me his name was Skipper Scott though--he was a nice guy.

nativetxn: We really enjoyed our cruise. Can't wait to do it again!

skporter: I knew he was working at the gate entrance to MK. I did not know what days though and I did not know if he was at the entrance or exit areas. I was exiting and he asked me if I needed my hand stamped. I noticed his name was Steve so I asked "Are you Safari Steve?" and he said "YES". That's what I did. I thought I had read on the boards somewhere that Steve had reddish hair. That is one of the reasons I asked if it was him.
(I did not ask for an autograph) maybe I should. LOL

Don't you just love meeting other DIS'ers!! How wonderful that you had a great time!! :)

Originally posted by skporter
Hope I don't sound too ignorant, but how do you know Steve when you see him? Do you just ask any CM at MK you see with "Steve" on his nametag if is he is Safari Steve?

I was wondering the same thing!

Now when I go this week I'll try to look at every reddish-haired male CM's name tag at the MK. If his name is Steve, I'll ask. I'll also have my Home Depot green Mickey head on my bag.

My daughter got her pic taken with Safari Steve at MNSSHP '01 while he was working the HM. I couldn't tell you how we knew it was him. I think my husband knew. Couldn't be sure though.

The pic is on my site but here's a shortcut.

follow me!

I am terribly flattered that you all would make such a fuss over little-old me! It really makes my day when someone comes up and says hello.
Just for the record, I am currently statused at the MK Entry Plaza. I usually work on Friday afternoons and Saturdays. My hair is light-brown with a little white coming in (thanks Dad!) and I wear small-framed silver glasses. I just got my hair cut very short, and my nametag says "Steve: Charleston, SC."
I still work at Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion occasionally, but I don't always know ahead of time.
I will be working Jungle Cruise on the 20th from 10:45am-7:45pm and on May 21st from 9:45am-3:45pm
That's all I know right now.

Hey Gone,

Your daughter and mine had the same uni costume. We're from WI and were glad to see that they've finally come out with some warmer types of costumes for the little ones!

Pammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!