Meeting Moana

sashasmommy

Earning My Ears
What does meeting Moana look like now? My touring plan has us in Tomorrowland in the morning and Adventureland in the afternoon. Will the line to meet her be ridiculously long by the afternoon? I wasn't sure if we should try to meet her first thing in the morning. We will be there during Black Hole Week :-)

Not Princess Fantasy Faire long, maybe like 15-20 people deep. A lot of people don't know she's there. Keep in mind she leaves at around like 4 or 5pm. We went to see her Friday and we were the last family let in. People kept showing up trying to get in and leaving very sad after the CM kept telling them we were the last family.

We met her in the early afternoon a couple of weeks ago, and the line was long. DD stated it was a must do for her, so we waited. It wound up being over a 45 minute wait. I'm assuming the not Princess Fantasy Faire comment means the old one by Toontown, not the new building? I remember those old lines being huge, but we have never waited more than 10 minutes in line there since they moved to the current building. Also, at least the day we were there, she did not have a photopass photographer. I think that is the first time, I have ever seen a character with that long of a wait without photopass. I don't know if it was just that day, or if she just generally does not ever have one.

Last edited:
when does the app generally have her there in the afternoon? I've had good luck showing up about 10 mins before they're scheduled to be there, and then you're one of the first people in line.

We met her in the early afternoon a couple of weeks ago, and the line was long. DD stated it was a must do for her, so we waited. It wound up being over a 45 minute wait. I'm assuming the not Princess Fantasy Faire comment means the old one by Toontown, not the new building? I remember those old lines being huge, but we have never waited more than 10 minutes in line there since they moved to the current building. Also, at least the day we were there, she did not have a photopass photographer. I think that is the first time, I have ever seen a character with that long of a wait without photopass. I don't know if it was just that day, or if she just generally does not ever have one.

No photopass photographer when we were there either. The CM said "they took away our photographer, if you want one back we need people to tell them at City hall, so tell them when you leave if you can!"

when does the app generally have her there in the afternoon? I've had good luck showing up about 10 mins before they're scheduled to be there, and then you're one of the first people in line.

The app typically shows that she is there continuously from 9:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. At least the days we were there, and today because I looked earlier, it did not have her times broken into segments like some of the others. Elena in California Adventure was the same way- I think it showed her from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We were eating at a table near her meet and greet and, while we were there, it looked like she left for about 10 minutes and then came right back. (FYI- Elena's line was much shorter than Moana's, both when we visited her, and when we were sitting eating near her meet and greet area).

We saw her around noon last Sunday 8/6. I think we waited about 15 minutes. There was a PhotoPass photographer present.

Thanks... I have not told my daughter that she is there. I'm am afraid she'll insist on seeing her and then the line will be too long. She did well last year waiting quite some time for Tinkerbell, though. I might just get over there first thing and try to get in line early instead of going to Tomorrowland first.

We went a couple weeks ago, and waited around 45 minutes to see her. Didn't realize the line was that long when we got in it. It was after lunch, probably around 1?

We passed several times in the afternoons on our 5 day trip in July. Twice we asked and the wait was 40-50 minutes...the others looked about the same. I would recommend first thing in the morning (or of her greeting schedule) if you can swing it. The schedule showed her available at 945. We wandered that way about 925 to kill a few minutes and the CM said she would be out in 5min. We were 2nd in line by the time my kids came over. Quick and easy but no photographer.
On a side note...there were three times that week that we went to character queues early to find them already meeting. Pooh and friends had a 30 minute wait and they weren't even supposed to be greeting for another 15 minutes.

While on the subject of meeting characters, do kids (or adults) bring autograph books at DL like they do at WDW?

While on the subject of meeting characters, do kids (or adults) bring autograph books at DL like they do at WDW?

Yeah they do. Even random characters like Doc McStuffins, and Moana was happy to sign my friend's kids' books.

We met Moana about two weeks ago around 1:00 pm. She was great! We waited exactly 21 minutes which was right what the CM estimated. I know that because my 7 year-old balked at the line and I told him that 20 minutes wasn't too bad and we could only meet her at DL, so we got in line and timed it on the stopwatch on my phone. That included a short break for Moana too. No photopass photographer there but she had a handler that took pictures of us with my camera and phone. And she signed our photo mat too. It was a great meet! Highly recommend!

Ok sorry... I am new to the DIS boards. Where can I find Moana? thanks!

In Adventureland by Aladdin's Oasis. She was the best meet and greet of our trip. Have fun, and welcome!

(ETA: I should say she's next to the Tiki Room since Aladdin's Oasis no longer appears on the app.)

Last edited:
Marvelous! She is my daughter's favorite, right now :) Thanks for your help.

We almost missed her. We asked the CM at her queue when Moana would be going on break, amd the CM said in about 45 minutes, so we cancelled our next FPs and got in line. Good thing we did - about 2 minutes later, the CM closed the queue and started asking pople to return later in the day!

We almost missed her. We asked the CM at her queue when Moana would be going on break, amd the CM said in about 45 minutes, so we cancelled our next FPs and got in line. Good thing we did - about 2 minutes later, the CM closed the queue and started asking pople to return later in the day!
Thanks for the tip. I know if we see the line to jump in it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter