Meeting Characters Outside of Parks

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I may be heading down to Orlando for a long weekend. The primary purpose is Legoland, but I don't think it will consume the whole weekend. I think DD (age 3) would love to see some Disney characters while we are there, but we won't be in the Disney parks.

I was thinking we might try meeting Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness. I know my kids would all enjoy marshmallows. What other opportunities might there be? All my searches have turned up are character meals, which seem pretty expensive for the 4 of us (I'm the solo parent, so I can't just take DD).

PS - I struggled with where to place this question as it doesn't seem to fit easily in any of the forum categories. If it doesn't belong here, I hope a moderator will move it to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

The campfire and movie at Fort Wilderness is great. Highly recommended.

she would probably also enjoy walking around Art of Animation resort if she likes The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King.

Sometimes around holidays or special occasions characters visit resorts but fort wilderness or a meal are the only 100% reliable options

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista has a character breakfast on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for $27/adult $13/child.

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista has a character breakfast on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for $27/adult $13/child.

Thank you! Does this require reservations? I was searching around the website, and there doesn't seem to be a way to reserve a meal; it keeps wanting me to reserve a room.

Also, do you know what the cost is to park for breakfast if I'm not staying at the hotel?

If she likes princesses, she can meet Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel, and Prince Eric at the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.

If she likes princesses, she can meet Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel, and Prince Eric at the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.

Thank you. I'm sure she would like to meet them, but her elementary-aged brothers would be less than thrilled to do a princess meal. I may try this meal on another trip when I can bring her alone, but I can't justify over $100 for a breakfast experience only one kid will really enjoy.

Outside of the campfire you are probably going to have to do a character meal. We are doing Ohana breakfast at the Polynesian (lilo , stitch, mickey and I think Pluto) this April. They can be pricey.

Thank you! Does this require reservations? I was searching around the website, and there doesn't seem to be a way to reserve a meal; it keeps wanting me to reserve a room.

Also, do you know what the cost is to park for breakfast if I'm not staying at the hotel?

I haven’t done this meal myself so I’m not sure. I just googled “inexpensive Disney character meals” and it came up. I thought I did see a place to make reservations.

In addition to Chip & Dale you can also see Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing at the Grand Floridian on most afternoons around 3:00-ish.

As for character meals you have several choices around the resorts, here's a comprehensive list - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/character-dining/sort=location/
I sorted it by location so you can tell whether or not the character meal is inside the park or at a resort. The official site also tells you which characters appear at which meals.

Garden Grove at the Swan does a character breakfast on weekends. It's $25.99 for 10 and up and $16.99 for 3-9. It's less than most character meals.

Cape May at Disney's Beach Club Resort has a good character breakfast.
Also, we enjoyed the Best Friends Breakfast at 'Ohana at the Polynesian.

In addition to Chip & Dale you can also see Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing at the Grand Floridian on most afternoons around 3:00-ish.

Last I heard (last April?) that was put on hiatus, then just sort of disappeared. Anyone seen Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in the afternoon at the Grand Floridian recently?

Last I heard (last April?) that was put on hiatus, then just sort of disappeared. Anyone seen Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in the afternoon at the Grand Floridian recently?
Dancing together, no. But I have seen a princess promenade type thing, with Aurora I think, though it may have been Cinderella. It was only over the summer and you'd think I would remember better. It was in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter