Meeting characters at Epcot

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Talk to me about meeting the following characters at Epcot:

Baymax
Joy/Sadness
Ralph/Vanellope

Where do they meet? And how long should one plan on standing in line in September for them (on a Sunday morning)? Can you FP+ any of them?

I was wondering about recent experiences with meeting Joy/sadness too since their wait times aren't posted. Anyone have details?

I can answer one of your questions, they (plus Baymax) are in the area called character spot but are actually across the breezeway from the character spot location that offers fast pass where you'll find Mickey, Minnie and friends. Ralph and Vanellope were recently added to the imagination pavilion for their meet I believe.

Talk to me about meeting the following characters at Epcot:

Baymax
Joy/Sadness
Ralph/Vanellope

Where do they meet? And how long should one plan on standing in line in September for them (on a Sunday morning)? Can you FP+ any of them?

None of them have FP, which is covered in the FP FAQ Post #8.

We were there this past Thanksgiving week so we missed Ralph and Vanellope, though we did get to visit Baymax and Joy and Sadness. They are located in Innoventions West, so don't get into the Mikey line by mistake like we almost did. Neither meet and greet can be Fastpassed. It took roughly 25 minutes to meet Buymax and roughly 40 minutes to meet Joy and Sadness. Baymax is out in the open so everyone can see your meet and greet. Joy and Sadness are behind a large wall so it is much more private. We really enjoyed meeting them all and will continue to do so in the future.

We were there January 30 and stood in line for Joy and Sadness for about 30 mins and didn't get in line for Baymax it was posted as a 45 min wait.

Not sure what time in the morning you’re planning, but on a busy day (Jan. 4) we went to see Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope at 9:15. There was only one group ahead of us.

When we left around 9:20, there were probably 5 groups behind us in line and it was starting to back up.

The earlier you go, the less of a wait. We went through the International Gateway straight to Character Spot to meet Mickey/ Goofy/ Minnie at 9 AM, and we were done with that by maybe 9:30. Then Joy/ Sadness before 10 AM (it took about 20 minutes plus walking time). We saw Baymax after that with no wait because he was just coming out to his meeting area.

Last week I went to TT at rope drop and it was not running yet, so was headed to the Land for my FP and saw the Character spot was only 5mins. So I stopped there. Then I went across to Joy/sadness and Baymax. Line for Baymax just had a 3 families but a few more for Joy/Sadness. Decided to do Joy/Sadness first and it took about 15 mins. I thought it was a good plan. When I got out, Baymax line was longer and since I wasn't that interested in him, I left.

I agree the lines seemed quick in the morning. We rope dropped Soaring and had fast passes for Frozen. So right after we finished with Soarin we went over and did character photos with Baymax, Joy and Sadness, and Ralph and Vanellope. I think we we're done with all three in around 40 minutes.

I agree the lines seemed quick in the morning. We rope dropped Soaring and had fast passes for Frozen. So right after we finished with Soarin we went over and did character photos with Baymax, Joy and Sadness, and Ralph and Vanellope. I think we we're done with all three in around 40 minutes.

Good to hear! That is exactly our plan - RD Soarin' and then try to hit Baymax, Joy/Sadness and Ralph/Vanellope. I assume the FP for the Character Spot is only for the Mickey characters, not Baymax, Joy and Sadness, right?

That's right, the FT was only for the Mickey characters on the other side of the walkway.

We did Ralph and Vanellope 2/27 after they had just moved to the imagination pavilion. They were on break when we got there, which was cool because we got to see them arrive through a portal from the internet.

We arrived midday and our total wait was only 20 minutes. The greet is right where the figment ride dumps out, so there are lots of little activities there. Pretty much all of the families were leaving one adult in line and letting the kids play while the adult waited, which I greatly appreciated. No whiney kids in line, my girls got to run off some steam, and then we just collected them for the line when we were 2 families back.

I'd say this is a good one to get in line for when waits get long elsewhere since the kids can play while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter