Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

I'm enjoying your review!! We loved AKL when we stayed there. Hoping to get back there soon! :)

I don't know what it is about AKL buses and the air conditioning...when I stayed there in August 2014, our bus to the MK had no A/C either. Longest twenty five minute bus ride of my life! Fortunately for us, the driver realized the issue, kept apologizing and calling the issue in, and as we were getting off we actually heard him arguing with a supervisor about how the bus needed to be taken off the route.

Sorry the Star Wars fireworks weren't as good as Fantasmic. I have heard that it's more projections than fireworks, which is a little disappointing.

I don't know what it is about AKL buses and the air conditioning...when I stayed there in August 2014, our bus to the MK had no A/C either. Longest twenty five minute bus ride of my life! Fortunately for us, the driver realized the issue, kept apologizing and calling the issue in, and as we were getting off we actually heard him arguing with a supervisor about how the bus needed to be taken off the route.

Sounds awful!

I have heard that it's more projections than fireworks, which is a little disappointing.

Yeah, I don't know what it was that didn't wow me but if I had to choose between Star Wars or Fantasmic again I would probably choose Fantasmic.

Last edited:
I'm with you! I miss the Animation Building so much and would love for them to bring that back when Galaxy's Edge is finished.

The funnel cake looks delicious!

The Star Wars fireworks used to be so much better. It's definitely too projection heavy now.

Wow the ride home sounds brutal! :(

We are doing the Fantasmic Dessert Party when we are there next month and I was trying to figure out if we could make it from there over to see the Star Wars show. Based on your review, if we can great, if not I am not going to stress out about it.

Several cast members called out to me as I walked back to Mom carrying our treat asking if it was for them. One tried to convince me it was his birthday.
Haha - I've had CMs do that at Disneyland all the time! They try to take a toll tax to let me pass!

I just wasn't wowed by the Star Wars fireworks which is disappointing because I thought what could be more epic than fireworks paired with that amazing soundtrack and Disney. :confused3
I know - I wish there was more pyro and less emphasis on projections. Or have pyro to go along with the projections. There was a short fireworks show at the Star Wars evening event at Disneyland this spring, and I liked it more than the DHS version, even though it was half as long!

I'm with you! I miss the Animation Building so much and would love for them to bring that back when Galaxy's Edge is finished.

That would be awesome! We loved the Learn to Draw class, the character meets and the fun little games. A fun place to cool off or shelter from the rain.

The Star Wars fireworks used to be so much better. It's definitely too projection heavy now.

I didn't realize it had been changed.

Wow the ride home sounds brutal! :(

It was awful. I was scared to get on another Disney bus!

We are doing the Fantasmic Dessert Party when we are there next month and I was trying to figure out if we could make it from there over to see the Star Wars show. Based on your review, if we can great, if not I am not going to stress out about it.

I wouldn't sweat it. I also think the timing is challenging to see both with the crowds exiting Fantasmic.

Haha - I've had CMs do that at Disneyland all the time! They try to take a toll tax to let me pass!

:laughing: I love when CM's joke around like that, it shows they really love their job.

I know - I wish there was more pyro and less emphasis on projections. Or have pyro to go along with the projections. There was a short fireworks show at the Star Wars evening event at Disneyland this spring, and I liked it more than the DHS version, even though it was half as long!

A better balance would definitely improve the show; and not having an ugly stage block part of the building if you are going to rely on projections to carry the show.

The advice would be pretty solid except for one thing, that giant stage that is front of the Chinese Theatre for the Star Wars shows.

The stage usually moves at sundown for the show. For a week or so they weren't moving it because there was issues with the concrete or something like that? But yeah it definitely blocks a lot of the show!

42530655325_b3f167a2b5_z.jpg

Now THAT'S a funnel cake!! !

We used the garbage can we were standing next to as a table.

When at Disney! At least you can sorta pretend that it's cleanish since it's Disney, right?

I just wasn't wowed by the Star Wars fireworks which is disappointing because I thought what could be more epic than fireworks paired with that amazing soundtrack and Disney. :confused3

Ugh they used to be so good! They were the best fireworks I'd ever seen and then they had to change it for some reason or another, so there's not as much fireworks and way more projection heavy. I hope someday they'll return to the fireworks-heavy show.

It was so hot that you couldn't see out the windows as they were obscured by a thick layer of condensation from all the people crammed on the bus. The children in the seats across from me were writing "HELP!" on the windows.

That bus ride sounds absolutely miserable.

But the kids writing help in the condensation might have made me chuckle.

The stage usually moves at sundown for the show. For a week or so they weren't moving it because there was issues with the concrete or something like that? But yeah it definitely blocks a lot of the show!

I didn't know they usually moved it; sounds like we were just there at an unlucky time.

When at Disney! At least you can sorta pretend that it's cleanish since it's Disney, right?

:laughing: I thought it was pretty safe to use since our actual food would not come into contact with it. And as a nurse and knowing way more about bacteria than I wish to, that garbage can was probably as clean as a table at a counter service or those tap style stations that see thousands of peoples washed and unwashed hands every day. :scared:

They were the best fireworks I'd ever seen and then they had to change it for some reason or another

I wish I had seen the original version! Maybe with Galaxy's Edge they will revamp the show.

All caught up, Lessa. :) What a fun day at DHS you guys had- and yes, the Streetmosphere is always top notch there! I was happy to read your review of Baseline as it's on my list too for that pretzel in a couple months. Mmm! Yummy!

Bummer about the Star Wars show though. Not being a huge SW fan, I would probably skip it, but kinda sad you gave up Fantasmic for it.

I just watched a bit of Paging Mr. Morrow- I'll have to go back and watch more of them. :) Cute.

Anyway, hang in there with the long/many hours. Gotta pay to play, eh?

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts