Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

This was the first time we had enough people waiting for the bus for it to be a huge problem but it does happen and there should be some sort of queue to guide people to help avoid mob like behaviour.
I have seen lately more and more CMs coming to the stations early to help with information gathering and herding people. Maybe an attempt?

I do have to give the value resorts credit for creating queues for the buses. People can get quite angry when they think someone has "cut" them in line. I'm not sure if they expected less people to be riding the buses at the deluxes, but with how short tempered people are nowadays, it might be smart of Disney to put up some kind of line, even if only during the morning when there's a build up.

Love the shots of the statues.
And it looks like you were front row on Thunder. A lovely way to start a MK day.

Yep, I think it would be a smart idea to have some sort of a line for the buses.

We were in the front row of Thunder, a wonderful start to the day!

The whole bus situation can be frustrating. It's why I tried renting a car on my last trip. Overall, I liked having our own car because there was no waiting on buses. But, it's such an expense, especially now with the parking fees at the resorts.
I was relieved that this past trip was my first without any craziness from any other guest. Nobody pushing in line, making rude comments, or anything like that. It certainly puts a damper on the "magic".

I know, so much nicer to have a car at your disposal. This was the first trip we went without one as the rental rates and the exchange were too pricey. I don't know if I will skip having one again despite the cost as the bus situation was not always great and I missed that independence having a car brought.

June 17 - Magic Kingdom

After our two trips through Pirates we had a bit of time to kill before our Haunted Mansion fastpass so I decided we should get in line to see Aladdin and Jasmine.

It was already scorching hot so Mom went off to get us some ice water while I snagged a place in line. There was a young girl in line alone in front of us. She looked to be maybe 6-8. Anyways, her family had left her to stand in line for all of them while they scampered around who knows where. Seemed an odd decision to leave such a young child alone in line. They did show back up as we got close to the characters and waited by the exit to go in and join her once it was "their" turn but she decided to leave the line to go over to them before she reached the front of the line so we all got to listen to her mother loudly scold her for losing their spot. Poor kid. What a magical experience for her...

The family tromped off and a few minutes later it was our turn to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. They were very charming and we talked about how rose gold was all the fashion lately in Agrabah.

Afterwards I ran into a friend in Frontierland and stopped for a quick picture.

I don't remember ever seeing the Country Bears out roaming about in the past, must be something new since my last trip in 2015. This was old school Disney though as there was no line to meet them it was just random with a bunch of people crowding about vying for attention.

We sauntered through Liberty Square which was pretty empty this time of day.

It was now time for our Haunted Mansion fastpass!

We got to witness another great parenting moment as a father carried his screaming terrified child onto the ride. I thought for sure we would hear the poor kid throughout the ride but they must have calmed down eventually as we heard nothing.

We stopped for a photopass photo outside the Haunted Mansion but alas it did not show up in our account and I only just realized this recently when I went to load the photos for this update. I think it is the only missing photopass of the trip though so not too bad considering how many pictures we took.

After Haunted Mansion we did not really have enough time to go on any more rides before our lunch ADR so I decided I wanted to run down to Main St to make a purchase. Mom did not want to go all that distance in the heat so she decided to sit and relax on a bench outside Liberty Tree Tavern and people watch while I hopped down to Main St.

What purchase did I want to make? Well, after much contemplation the night before and that morning I decided I just had to have the Rose Gold Minnie backpack and I knew they were selling it at the accessory shop on Main St.

I have to tell you, that bag got a lot of attention over the rest of the trip. I was constantly being stopped and asked about it and where I got it. Even the cast members and characters were obsessed with it.

I got back to Mom just in time to check in for our lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Mom got the Clam Chowder and I got the Cheeseburger. We both thought our meals were very tasty.

Even though I was pretty full from the burger I had to order dessert, the main reason I booked this ADR. I had read so many good things about the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake and I just had to try it.

It lived up to its fame and was delicious!

While at the restaurant and waiting for our food I organized my new park bag. It was the perfect size and fit everything perfectly, even my refillable mug that I brought with me that day. I loved my new cute backpack.

I also chugged a lot of water at this meal. It was so hot and I did not want to repeat what had happened a few days earlier and get sick again!

That's so sad that the family made the little girl wait in line along, and then scold her when she left!

Cute pics with Aladdin & Jasmine.

Yay you got the backpack! It looks adorable!

It was already scorching hot so Mom went off to get us some ice water while I snagged a place in line. There was a young girl in line alone in front of us. She looked to be maybe 6-8. Anyways, her family had left her to stand in line for all of them while they scampered around who knows where. Seemed an odd decision to leave such a young child alone in line. They did show back up as we got close to the characters and waited by the exit to go in and join her once it was "their" turn but she decided to leave the line to go over to them before she reached the front of the line so we all got to listen to her mother loudly scold her for losing their spot. Poor kid. What a magical experience for her...

I ran around alone all the time when I was 8, either with friends or to a quick ride on this or that and I knew exactly where to meet at the appointed time. I still feel like the parks are very safe, and yet, I don't think I'd go too far away from my 6 year old now. Thinking back I was probably more like 8-10 when I started being allowed to venture off.

We got to witness another great parenting moment as a father carried his screaming terrified child onto the ride. I thought for sure we would hear the poor kid throughout the ride but they must have calmed down eventually as we heard nothing.

:sad2:

I have to tell you, that bag got a lot of attention over the rest of the trip. I was constantly being stopped and asked about it and where I got it. Even the cast members and characters were obsessed with it.

Nice!!!!

It lived up to its fame and was delicious!

So rich!!

The buses drove my momma mad the last time we were at Disney. It irritated her the way tonnes of people could be waiting in line and at the last minute someone would roll up on a scooter and be given priority to board the bus and then basically take up all the space on the bus and everyone else would have to wait for the next bus.

Yay you got the backpack. It's very pretty.

That story about the little kid waiting alone in had me anxious. My son's 5 and I couldn't imagine leaving him alone at Disney around that age! Yikes.

Oh, yay, I'm glad you decided to go back and buy the backpack. It's adorable and looks like it has plenty of room for your park necessities.

Aww, awesome purchase with the back pack.

I was looking into renting points too for next September at The Wilderness DVC for a 2 bedroom villa. I am rethinking the 2 bedroom and maybe going with 2 studios.

I used to rent points for $10; now it is up to $17 a point. I have a feeling the rental points are going up since it was just announced Maintanance Fees are increasing. I think the secret is out and there is not to much of a savings for people who want to rent points, unless you personally know someone that will rent out you their points for a whole lot less.

Sorry I have been slow with the updates, I have just been so drained lately that I found it hard to get on regularly and update. I will try and do better!

In life news, my brother Alek, who some of you may remember from my previous reports, was hit by a car last week. He was crossing the street at a crosswalk on his way home from work at about 2pm and an 84-year-old lady turned left on a red light and hit him. She blamed "glare from the sun" for not seeing him disregarding her illegal turn!! :mad: Luckily she was not travelling quickly and hit the brakes right before she hit him otherwise we would probably have lost him. He says it felt like he was pushed to the ground really hard. As it is he hurt his arm and ankle but says he feels almost back to normal other than being nervous around cars now. It was scary to hear and realize that my brother was almost killed.

Back to happier times!

June 17 - Magic Kingdom

After lunch we made our way back to Adventureland where I was rudely spit on by this camel! It was very refreshing.

Our fastpass for Jungle Cruise had just opened up but we got stuck behind a family that was trying to get into the fastpass line even though they had no fastpass. The dad was trying to pull a fast one on the cast member claiming that they had one but it "must be lost". He would just not move on and the cast member eventually gave into him and let the family through reminding them that they need to make a fastpass next time. Wonder how many times the dad has pulled that con and annoyed the cast members into letting him through? So annoying for those of us that follow the rules and plan ahead.

I just love the punny signs in the Jungle Cruise queue.

We had one hot cruise through the Jungle and I could tell the skipper was feeling the heat from the odour emitting from him.... Awkward! Despite his stench he was fairly funny so I just tried to shuffle away as much as I could as I was seated right next to him.

Unfortunately it looked as though the cannibals had gotten to Minnie Mouse as we saw her ears floating in the river.

It was so hot and we really needed to cool off so we went to an attraction we havent' seen since our first trip, The Enchanted Tiki Room. It was a great air conditioning break.

We then decided to use the first of our Anytime Fastpasses from our DVC tour the previous day. We decided to use them on Splash Mountain as it was up ad running again and the standby line was horrifically long.

Splash is one of my favourite Disney rides. I love its length, the fun story and of course, the drop! So much fun!

Mom really wanted to ride the train so we went up to the Frontierland Station after we got off Splash. We took the train around the park to Main St where we stopped for a couple photopass photos.

On the way out of the park I spotted Snow White hidden away by Town Hall and I got so excited, like a child, and rushed over to see her as she had no line.

Once I got over my excitement of seeing Snow White we made our way out to the boat docks where we caught a ride over to one of our favourite resorts, Wilderness Lodge! We stayed here back in 2007 as what we fondly remember as our most magical vacation. We come back and spend some time here every visit. I don't know about all of you but I love taking these boats to and from the Magic Kingdom Resorts. Something about being on the water is so peaceful and relaxing.

First stop once off the boat was to head to Roaring Forks to fill up our refillable mugs that we had brought with us as we knew we would be hanging out at the Magic Kingdom resorts that afternoon.

We had no set plans, just relax and enjoy the resort. We grabbed some seats in the lobby and took in the lovely atmosphere while relaxing and cooling down.

We checked out the gift shop and then wandered outside to check out the new to us redesign of the villas area.

We then sat awhile at Geyser Point where I enjoyed this delicious beverage (Blueberry Lemonade) and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. There were some friendly ducks hanging around and socializing with us.

Geyser Point is a lovely addition to the Wilderness Lodge and was a great place to hang out for awhile.

A stinky hot jungle cruise, yikes! We have encountered people like you described trying to get into the FP line with all their excuses! It is frustrating that people do this and I can see why the CM’s give up and send them through! They hold up the line!

I agree about Splash, such a fun long ride!

WL is so beautiful, I wish it would have worked for us to stay there, sigh!

I think the boats are very relaxing!

Wow glad you're brother is ok. Hope his injuries heal quickly for him

In life news, my brother Alek, who some of you may remember from my previous reports, was hit by a car last week. He was crossing the street at a crosswalk on his way home from work at about 2pm and an 84-year-old lady turned left on a red light and hit him. She blamed "glare from the sun" for not seeing him disregarding her illegal turn!! :mad: Luckily she was not travelling quickly and hit the brakes right before she hit him otherwise we would probably have lost him. He says it felt like he was pushed to the ground really hard. As it is he hurt his arm and ankle but says he feels almost back to normal other than being nervous around cars now. It was scary to hear and realize that my brother was almost killed.

Oh man!!! I'm so glad he wasn't hurt worse! That's terrible. :(

I was rudely spit on by this camel! It was very refreshing.

Two sentences I never thought I'd see written together!

He would just not move on and the cast member eventually gave into him and let the family through reminding them that they need to make a fastpass next time. Wonder how many times the dad has pulled that con and annoyed the cast members into letting him through? So annoying for those of us that follow the rules and plan ahead.

With all of the App and IT glitches, I do wonder though how many legit stories there are. I do hear regularly here on the Boards of the App suddenly losing everything and the best advice it to take screen shots or print your stuff out.

We had one hot cruise through the Jungle and I could tell the skipper was feeling the heat from the odour emitting from him.... Awkward!

EW!!! But, in an ironic way, it does an a certain authenticity to the ride. LOL!!

Unfortunately it looked as though the cannibals had gotten to Minnie Mouse as we saw her ears floating in the river.

:lmao: (Yes, sad for the guest, but your comment struck me as pretty funny!)

44161079280_3e0b4faa11_z.jpg

Cute pose! Not sure I've seen that one before.

That looks amazingly refreshing!

The family tromped off and a few minutes later it was our turn to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. They were very charming and we talked about how rose gold was all the fashion lately in Agrabah.
Super cute meet!

Afterwards I ran into a friend in Frontierland and stopped for a quick picture.
Love it!

Such a lovely new pretty!

Even though I was pretty full from the burger I had to order dessert, the main reason I booked this ADR. I had read so many good things about the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake and I just had to try it.
Looks delicious!

OH no! That is just awful. I am so glad he is ok!

Our fastpass for Jungle Cruise had just opened up but we got stuck behind a family that was trying to get into the fastpass line even though they had no fastpass. The dad was trying to pull a fast one on the cast member claiming that they had one but it "must be lost". He would just not move on and the cast member eventually gave into him and let the family through reminding them that they need to make a fastpass next time. Wonder how many times the dad has pulled that con and annoyed the cast members into letting him through? So annoying for those of us that follow the rules and plan ahead.
What is wrong with some people????

It was so hot and we really needed to cool off so we went to an attraction we havent' seen since our first trip, The Enchanted Tiki Room. It was a great air conditioning break.
One of my favourites!

On the way out of the park I spotted Snow White hidden away by Town Hall and I got so excited, like a child, and rushed over to see her as she had no line.
The pictures are amazing!

I don't know about all of you but I love taking these boats to and from the Magic Kingdom Resorts. Something about being on the water is so peaceful and relaxing.
This is my favourite thing to do. It totally transports you to another world.

Geyser Point is a lovely addition to the Wilderness Lodge and was a great place to hang out for awhile.
Loved Geyser Point on my August trip!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That's awful; I'm very happy to hear he only had minor injuries and is recovering quickly. But, wow, that's scary.

Whew, I bet that Jungle Cruise was a hot one. Good idea to stop by the Tiki Room and get a break in the cool air conditioning.

I've never actually been inside WL before, but it looks beautiful, and I bet it was a great place to hang out and enjoy some refreshments. Smart thinking bringing your mugs with you!

So sorry to hear about your brother, thank goodness he is alright!

Sounds like a nice afternoon at MK and at Wilderness Lodge!

A stinky hot jungle cruise, yikes! We have encountered people like you described trying to get into the FP line with all their excuses! It is frustrating that people do this and I can see why the CM’s give up and send them through! They hold up the line!

I agree about Splash, such a fun long ride!

WL is so beautiful, I wish it would have worked for us to stay there, sigh!

I think the boats are very relaxing!

I hope you get to stay there in the future!

Wow glad you're brother is ok. Hope his injuries heal quickly for him

Thank you, so far he seems to be recovering well!

Two sentences I never thought I'd see written together!

;)

With all of the App and IT glitches, I do wonder though how many legit stories there are. I do hear regularly here on the Boards of the App suddenly losing everything and the best advice it to take screen shots or print your stuff out.

Yes, I do suppose that is a possibility butt with the way he was acting I don't think so in this case.

Cute pose! Not sure I've seen that one before.

We had an enthusiastic photographer earning her ears so she was into different poses and magic shots.

What is wrong with some people????

Right up there with the line skippers "excuse me, my family is up ahead."

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That's awful; I'm very happy to hear he only had minor injuries and is recovering quickly. But, wow, that's scary.

Thank you. It is so scary to think about as it easily could have been so much worse.

I've never actually been inside WL before, but it looks beautiful, and I bet it was a great place to hang out and enjoy some refreshments. Smart thinking bringing your mugs with you!

I hope you get to visit WL someday, it is a special place.

So sorry to hear about your brother, thank goodness he is alright!

Sounds like a nice afternoon at MK and at Wilderness Lodge!

Thank you.

It was a lovely afternoon, my favourite way to do an MK day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!