Meet and greets in the park

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me where all of the meet and greets are at the park? And do you have any suggestions? The kids will want pictures and autographs. Six weeks until HK!

They have meet and greets with fab 5 type characters between the station and Main Street, there's princess greetings in the wishing well area next to the castle, and there's also fixed greetings in Fantasy Gardens. I know it included Minnie, Pooh and Mulan when I was there - I think there were 5 altogether.

If you'll be visiting the hotels, the Disneyland Hotel has princesses and the Hollywood Hotel has fab 5. The hotels are great for meet and greets with no lines, but they only do them during the day, so you have to take time away from the park.

Exciting countdown. :thumbsup2

Go early. Like Zanzibar, we found them in the area in front of the Train Station and down Main Street. We also found Rapunzel in the walkway between the wishing well and fantasyland.

We were there in April and the queues were long. If you're staying on-site, then perhaps a character breakfast might be better?

Oh, I think they have some in Grizzly Gulch as well. Maybe the fab 5 type characters in cowboy outfits :confused3 I'll check it out when I'm there and report back :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone. We are staying at the JW Marriott but plan on doing Dim Sum at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it possible to see them when we are at the hotel even though we are not guess at the hotel? If yes, where are they and how often? Also, at the park is it worth doing a meet an greet at rope drop or do rides first?

Thanks everyone. We are staying at the JW Marriott but plan on doing Dim Sum at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it possible to see them when we are at the hotel even though we are not guess at the hotel? If yes, where are they and how often? Also, at the park is it worth doing a meet an greet at rope drop or do rides first?

You can see characters at either hotel even if you're not a guest. At the DL Hotel, the princesses appear in the lobby (behind the birdcage lift) regularly throughout the day (maybe 15 minutes at a time, go away for half an hour, then come back out for another 15 minutes etc). So if you miss them on your way in, chances are you might see them on your way out. I saw Belle, Aurora and Cinderella (though only 2 come out at a time). They finished up at about 4pm when the pianist became the entertainment.

Doen't sound like you'll be at the Hollywood Hotel, but I ran into Goofy in the lobby there (again, during the day). We didn't see anyone else, but we weren't there for long so I don't know what we missed. Doesn't sound like you're planning to visit the Hollywood Hotel, but I'll ask about it when I'm there anyway.

Now for my really dumb question, do they list the meet and greets on the daily show time list/map? We are going to WDW 8 weeks after HK and if we get some of the must-do characters done in HK then they will not be as big a deal in WDW, I would still try to do then in WDW but the world would not end without them. So we have Daisy, Rapunzel, Chip and Dale, and Tiana. I know someone said they saw Rapunzel, has anyone seen any of the others? Thanks.

I'll check for Rapunzel and Tiana. I don't remember seeing either on our last trip, but I wasn't really looking out for them. I think Tiana is more of an American thing, so you'll probably have more luck at WDW.

Chip and Dale are definitely around. Not sure if I saw Daisy for meet and greets in the park, but she was one of the characters at the Enchanted Garden breakfast when we were there.

I'll check for Rapunzel and Tiana. I don't remember seeing either on our last trip, but I wasn't really looking out for them. I think Tiana is more of an American thing, so you'll probably have more luck at WDW.

Chip and Dale are definitely around. Not sure if I saw Daisy for meet and greets in the park, but she was one of the characters at the Enchanted Garden breakfast when we were there.

Thanks! Have an awesome trip!

Now for my really dumb question, do they list the meet and greets on the daily show time list/map? We are going to WDW 8 weeks after HK and if we get some of the must-do characters done in HK then they will not be as big a deal in WDW, I would still try to do then in WDW but the world would not end without them. So we have Daisy, Rapunzel, Chip and Dale, and Tiana. I know someone said they saw Rapunzel, has anyone seen any of the others? Thanks.

I saw Rapunzel in between the Snow White grotto and the walkway into Fantasyland.

0401HKDLDay1608.jpg

Easily found in HK Disney: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Woody, Buzz

On and off: Daisy, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan

The park's daily timetable gives the time and location of meet and greets.
For specific character's time and location, you can go to the service counter and ask them. Location is inside the park, on your left, right next to stroller rental.

My advice is to arrive the park early, before the park opens. The princesses do the opening ceremony of the park each morning, followed by meet and greet right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter