Medication in the resort

jackrabbit

Earning My Ears
I'm going to call for reservations for our first Disney vacation for me and my son. He has medication that has to be refridgerated. Can I get a refridgerator in any resort? Do you think the medication is safe in the room when we're not there? I'm uncomfortable about the idea of theft.

You can request a medically necessary fridge upon making your reservation; they asked me what ours was for and said no problem. I have no opinions on if it is safe to leave it in your room or not as I have never had any bad experiences regarding theft.

Hi and :welcome: to both DisBoards and disABILTIES!

If you are in anything but a Value Resort there will automatically be a refrigerator in the room. If you will be staying in a Value Resort just explain, on the reservation, that you need a refrigertor for medications.

I have never had any problems in any hotel (Disney or otherwise) with medications being left in the room. If you feel strongly about it, for those which do not require refrigeration you can put the medicines in the room safe.

In most hotels, and all of Disney's, there is an electronic record showing the time and key which was used to enter each room. A housekeeper's key will only work in the rooms that are assigned to a particular housekeeper. An a manager's key, for example, can be quickly cancelled if it is reported lost or stolen.

So it is very unlikely that someone will steal your medications. Also, I do not pring the containers with me (except for liquids). I have weekly pill boxes, and put each day's pills in the correct place. I have separate boxes for the pills in the morning and the evening. So even if someone looked at them they would not know what they are.

Just want to say I've had meds in the fridge many times there and have never had a problem.

I store all my "good drugs" at home in a locked small fire safe. I am being proactive because as DS gets older I do NOT want to accidentally supply his little friends with narcotics, anti-anxieties and sleeping pills. I trust my kid, I don't know that I trust all his friends present and future!

I wouldn't worry about it at the hotel but if you are, consider bringing a lockbox.

I wouldn't worry about it at the hotel but if you are, consider bringing a lockbox.

I've never even thought about that before. But I've never had a problem either at ANY hotel. But, if you worry about it, you should make arrangements to secure your medication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter