Medication in the Park

Purerockfury1

Mouseketeer
How strict is Disney Security when it comes to bringing medication into Disneyland? For example, for an asthma inhaler does it need to be in the original box? Can I bring Motrin in a plastic bag instead of a bottle? Stuff like that! Thanks.

I don't think security will even notice. They're mostly looking for weapons, glass, sharp things that can be used as weapons, etc. You wouldn't get through with alcohol or drugs (like marijuana), but an inhaler or Motrin in a baggie shouldn't matter. I always carry a small bottle that contains Tylenol and Motrin. They've never asked about it.

I always have my ibuprofen in a baggie and have never had a question about it.

I always carry Ibuprofen, Dramamine, and my prescription meds, in a small prescription bottle from my pharmacy. I have never had a problem with security.

They are likely more concerned about weapons on things that could damage Disney property than whether you have a prescription for your inhaler.

I bring an inhaler with me that has no packaging or prescription information every time we go and have never even been asked about it. We also bring in a number of OTC medications in various packaging including ziplock bags and haven't heard a peep.

They don’t care about that. Tsa doesn’t really, either, and Disney security isn’t even tsa.

A friend brings an epi pen (clearly packaged) and never has a problem. I've never had a problem with my meds (clearly labeled, in case of emergency). Just make sure your meds aren't in a glass container, but are protected if you plan to ride water rides.

You won't have a problem with your inhaler (I carry one) and I keep my meds for the day in a small blue 'pill case'. I've never had security even ask me what's in the case.

We bring in a large bag full of meds each time we go to the parks and no one has ever even looked twice at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter