Medical Insurance / Underlying Heart Condition

Mama Bear Me2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions about where to get medical coverage for an underlying heart condition in order to travel to USA?

My husband had heart surgery in 2020 during Covid (2 valve replacements & 1 pacemaker).

We've been avoiding travel outside of Canada because didn't want to risk leaving the country with his heart condition. It's been a few years so we're ready to try and visit Disneyland. However, I don't know where to get medical coverage. I will check with our extended health provider but just in case they don't cover or have limited coverage, please advise what's best place to get medical insurance for an underlying heart condition. I'm assuming having heart surgery is considered an underlying heart condition.

Thanks for your help!

Edited: Sorry. I keep forgetting to mention to please excuse my double posts. Again posting on Canadian and regular Disneyland forum. Thanks.

As long as your dh has not been hospitalized in the last year or had his medication changed (last 3 months) most travel insurance companies will cover him. Check Manulife.
Have a wonderful trip!
:flower:

TuGo or CAA are likely your best options. Which is better will depend in part on his age. Both have riders you can add on that will cover what they consider "unstable" medical conditions (with restrictions) upto a lower amount.

You will want to ensure you read the exclusions and in particular the pre-existing condition and stability requirement clauses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter