Medical Equipment, RAC policy

Lagertha

Earning My Ears
How does RAC handle checking a medical duffle bag. No problem with arrival but big problem with departure. RAC is not complying with airlines policy for medical bag.

How does RAC handle checking a medical duffle bag. No problem with arrival but big problem with departure. RAC is not complying with airlines policy for medical bag.
You’ve asked twice now. Let’s see what answers you get

Perhaps they do not want the responsibility of handling it, possible damage while in their control.

I'm confused. RAC is only open until noon, and you can only check luggage the day you fly. How can they be noncompliant around eight PM?

Without knowing the exact problem with your medical equipment and RAC, it would be hard to answer. My sister cannot use RAC as she is required to check in at the airport with her mobility device. This means she has to transport any luggage to the airport to check.

I know once someone wanted to check a stroller at RAC due to it being a medical need. The two employees at RAC at that time did not know how to do this. Another employee was starting at that time and knew how to override the system for that airline. Sometimes it might be that the employee does not have the training or ability to check items that the airline does.

I would go to the bags inc website and find the information for remote airline check in and a contact number to call and ask them questions on what there capabilities of checking medical bags/items. It might even be a restriction of the airline itself that makes it so a RAC employee cannot check certain bags.

Are you trying to have it bag checked and not be charged? I believe you have to take it to the airport and check it in at gate. I have medical supplies, but I carry all the way to gate and they gave check and it's handed back to me right after flight.
Just makes complete sense. The airline needs to ascertain that all that is in that piece of luggage his medical equipment as per the requirement for transporting it at no charge.

Agree with the PP - in order for the airline to waive the fee the only items that can be in the bag must be medical necessities, they will need to verify this. So = In order to take advantage of the fee waiver you will have to check this bag at the airport.

RAC is in fact complying with the airlines policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts