medical consent letter for grandparents

mickeysmyboy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My DH and I will be going to WDW in just 29 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary. My MIL and FIL will be staying with our three kids during the 4 nights/5 days we are gone.

I want to give my MIL a letter saying she is allowed to seek medical treatment for the kids if need be.

Does anyone have any idea what it should say or any examples?

If not I'll give the kids doctor's office a call and find out what they think.

TIA!

I had one for my oldest granddaughter, we've never gotten around to getting one for the other two, but I don't keep all three of them often.

Ours simply said that the parents gave permission for me to seek medical attention for her; we did have it notarized, too. And when I had her, I also had her insurance card.

I have a letter that I give to my parents when they watch my girls for us. This is what our letter says:

(My parents' names) have our permission to obtain medical care for our daughters: (Our daughters' names). They are able to make any decisions concerning necessary medical treatments and sign all related paperwork so that prompt medical care can be given to their granddaughters.

My husband and I both sign. I then listed a date of birth, social security number, and birth hospital for each of my daughters. Finally, I listed all of the insurance information.

They have (thankfully!) never needed to use the letter, but I feel better giving it to them just in case. Even though I am sure my daughters would be treated even without the letter in case of an emergency, I think having the letter might make the process go more smoothly (and maybe result in quicker treatment).

We did not have it notarized like the PP, which I think is a good idea. I just print out a copy of the letter with the current date each time we go away.

My DH and I will be going to WDW in just 29 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary. My MIL and FIL will be staying with our three kids during the 4 nights/5 days we are gone.

I want to give my MIL a letter saying she is allowed to seek medical treatment for the kids if need be.

Does anyone have any idea what it should say or any examples?

If not I'll give the kids doctor's office a call and find out what they think.

TIA!

Check with your local hospital as I know ours already has the document and all you have to do is fill it in and sign it. My mom has a guardianship POA on my kids in case she needs to do anything for them while I am unavailable. We started this when i was in the Army and just keep redoing it. She can get medical care, deal with the schools, etc on my behalf.

My Dr's office faxed the one we use. and it already had their numbers on it & the Hospitals.

Kae

Another example for you, it's what we use........

My sister also puts an actual insurance card in the envelope with this, along with their contact info.....We've never had to seek medical help, but are ready. The whole shebang is taped on the inside of the medicine cabinet mirror in the bathroom, so if something happens, we can grab it and run.

Change the state and county to where you live, obviously, and fill in your names.

AUTHORIZATION TO CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT

The undersigned, the parents of _______________, do hereby grant to ______________ and/or ______________, full and complete authority to consent to any and all medical treatment which, in his/her sole judgment, is necessary under the circumstances.

Dated: _________________ (signed)_____(mom)____________

Dated: _________________ (signed) _____(dad)_______________

COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
COUNTY OF WESTMORELAND

On this ____day of February, 2009 before me, a notary public in and for said state and county, personally appeared _____(mom)__________ who acknowledged herself to be the person named in the foregoing instrument and that she executed the same as her act and deed.
Witness my hand and notarial seal the day and year first above written.

____________________ My Commission Expires:
Notary Public

COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
COUNTY OF WESTMORELAND

On this ____day of February, 2009 before me, a notary public in and for said state and county, personally appeared _____(dad)__________ who acknowledged herself to be the person named in the foregoing instrument and that she executed the same as her act and deed.
Witness my hand and notarial seal the day and year first above written.

____________________ My Commission Expires:
Notary Public

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter