• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Medical assistance on DCL

mommie2angels

<font color=blue>Would you like to be in the pictu
Two of our dds are medically challenged. Anytime we leave home we make sure we know where the hospitals or critical places are. Our dds doctors even give us names and numbers of doctors to call in case we run into respiratory or seizure issues. Several of our Disney friends have suggested going on the DCL. Does anyone have any experience with the medical staff on the cruise. I realize it's not always the same personel or doctors. Being Disney I would think it would be wonderful but just wondered. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Originally posted by mommie2angels
Two of our dds are medically challenged. Anytime we leave home we make sure we know where the hospitals or critical places are. Our dds doctors even give us names and numbers of doctors to call in case we run into respiratory or seizure issues. Several of our Disney friends have suggested going on the DCL. Does anyone have any experience with the medical staff on the cruise. I realize it's not always the same personel or doctors. Being Disney I would think it would be wonderful but just wondered. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

I hope I can be of some help here. I travel on DCL a lot and while in the past I have not had reason to go to the infirmary on my last trip I did.

The DR's on board are great. I found all but the check in lady wonderful! The check in lady may have been fine but I didnt care for her at all. The cost for a visit is 90 dollars unless it is related to diahrea or vomiting in which case it is free. (due to Norwalk). The dr we saw was wonderful, I found the facilaties clean and welcoming, and the dr was good with my 5 yr old nephew. They are equiped with an icu if needed. I would recommend that you contact special services before the trip and fill out a medical form and have it sent to the drs before you travel. That way they are aware of any special medicines the children may require and also any other needs. Feel free to email me if you have further questions or ask here:)

Aimee
eek40@aol.com

On the Medical Clearance Form from DCL it states that the medical facilities onboard are very limited. I'd check with the special medical services coordinator regarding your children's needs but the form is filled out by your child's physician and returned to DCL. Your family would probably love a Disney cruise experience! ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter