Meals in Villas

Theneg1

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are headed to BWV soon and looking for meal ideas. What do you usually prepare in the villas? Thanks in advance.

Honestly, we just did breakfast stuff in the room. Eggs, waffles, cereals, etc.

When our children were little and we had extended family join us with their children, we would have dinner in the unit a few nights during the trip just so that the kids could rest a bit after a full day in the park. Our unit had a full fridge and oven, microwave, so cooking was pretty simple. I would do macaroni / sauce / bread / vegetable or salad kit // baked chicken / potatoes / vegetable or salad kit // frozen pizzas / salad kit. I also brought spices from home and put them in baggies and then into a tupperware and put them in my luggage so that everything would be properly seasoned. We would always get a special occasion cake so that we could celebrate everyone's birthdays while we were all together too. Made for a lot of great memories and fun times.

This is actually the one thing I miss about going in 2020. Park hours were short and crowd were nill so we'd head back to the DVC after park hours and have dinner there almost every night. We saved SO MUCH MONEY! It's really hard to do that when the parks are open later and you want to maximize your time though.

What has worked for us is simple things; Sandwiches (can be fancier like a toasted buffalo chicken, or similar), pasta is a given, frozen pizzas. We have also made desserts like cookies or brownies so we are not tempted to grab one of those on the way out of the park. Breakfast is the easiest and that we have always done.

One word of warning - now that I have college age kids, you need to get buy-in on the meals or you waste a lot of food. That's my biggest challenge.

One other note about BWV if you've never stayed there - there is no real quick service restaurant in BWV or BCV. Swan/Dolphin has some good options and it's a short walk away. Wish we had know that before we stayed there, so there you go.

We tried some of the premade meals available at the local supermarkets, simply to have some time away from the chaos of the parks. Usually worked out well, but only do it once or twice per trip. Vacation is also time away from domestic chores, so we don't eat in on a regular basis.

Breakfast every day. Usually eggs/omelets, yogurt, coffee, oatmeal, fruits.

Dinner a few times was chicken bake with mushrooms/rice, turkey burgers. Premade salads/soups and fresh veggies for cooking from Publix up the road. Popcorn for movie snacks. What really came in handy was having leftovers from sit-down dinners and being able to have for lunch the next day.

We do offsite "condo" setups and this is what we did.

Breakfast ~ Muffins, bagels, rolls, butter, yogurt, grapes, orange juice for park days. No park we might have eggs, bacon and bread.

Lunch - In parks. Will have some cheese, lunchmeat and rolls in unit for anytime.

Dinner - Depending on park hours some in parks and some in unit (although usually later than we normally eat). I go to COSTCO and get premade meals. At home I split them up, seal in Foodsaver and freeze. Bags of premade salad mixes. Few cans of fruit cocktail. Big bag of rolls. Morning of use I pull package from freezer to fridge. Quick to put together and a decent meal.

We have extra snacks, fruit, cookies to nibble. While we eat in, I don't want it to be hard work or take too long.

AND most trips I take Honey Baked Turkey (or ham), bag of rolls, packs of cheese. Not unusual for us to make a sandwich for park or have for dinner in unity.

Last edited:
We only had a deluxe studio, but we ate rotisserie chicken, salad, eggs, baked potatoes, fruit. It's vacation and I hate cooking! Publix has great rotisserie chicken!

Nothing to fancy and it's easy to overbuy so we try and buy things that can be eaten for more than one type of meal.

Breakfast foods, cold and hot that can also be brunch / breakfast for dinner. Rotisserie chicken and cold salads (as above!) can also be lunch or dinner and maybe just a box of pasta, bag of salad jar of sauce. If it's a longer stay we will also buy sandwich fixings for a pool day, some of us will also pack a sandwich for the parks when we are getting tired of park food!

When FL relatives join us we do shop a bit more as it can always be sent home with them and not wasted.

We generally have a meal or two catered that generates a lot of leftovers. Our caterer is very reasonably priced and cheaper than many onsite meals.

We've ordered Uber Eats, too.

When cooking, we have been lazy and done frozen pizzas or lasagna, bacon and eggs, hot dogs and chips, etc. Things where we were too exhausted to go to a restaurant and could make with no fuss.

We typically do eggs for breakfast. If it is a longer trip, I bake on the first day and make cinnamon bread and rolls. We also do bacon and sausage etc. For dinners we do baked chicken or a rotisserie chicken. We have done tacos and use the left overs for nachos as a snack or lunch. We do a lot of fruit. Depending on time of year, I put all dry ingredients pre measured in baggies and I have a small bottle of vanilla that I bring. We have done burgers too. Publix, Sam's Club, and Costco all have a lot of premade dishes that all you have to do is heat them up and are good. Most of the time we have a car to go to the store. Twice we have had groceries ordered in without any issues. We like having meals in our rooms since we do a lot of resort time the last few years.

One of our favorites is a casserole made from a coupla boxes of au-gratin potatoes and cut up ham…

We did spaghetti with a jarred sauce and ground beef we browned with garlic bread and salad. We also bought some disposable foil pans and did a baked chicken breasts with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Brought seasonings from home. Quiche starting with frozen pie crusts. While not on the most recent trip, we tend to bake a coffee cake, or brownies, or bake the pre- made cookie dough. Warm Pillsbury cookies straight from the oven are better than most of the baked good at Disney! We also actually like tuna casserole, so we’ve done that. On a more local trip to an extended stay place, we brought a frozen lasagna in a cooler for the drive and it was the Spence night when it was thawed enough to bake.

We usually have a studio since it's just the two of us. So anything we can either eat w/o having to cook or can easily be made with microwave. In the past we've had: rolls, lunch meat, cheese, mustard for sandwiches, chips. Microwaveable chicken tenders, fries (ore ida makes single serve ones you can just microwave), single serve microwaveable pizza, waffles/pancakes/french toast sticks. Single serve cereal packs or single serve cups of cereal or oatmeal that can be microwaved. Soup singles if we're there when it's colder out.

Case of water, six packs of 16.9 oz bottles of pepsi or dr pepper (we're pepsi people), ginger ale in case of nausea (for me), small bottles of powerade or Liquid IV electrolyte packets to put in water to carry in parks if we are there when it's super hot.

Like others, we do breakfast only - and generally eggs and toast or cereal. We do tend to commando our trips and don't want to spend the time returning to the resort, making dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up after dinner - for us, time is money at WDW.

At Aulani or HH, we tend to stick to pretty easy meals - frozen lasagna, that sort of thing - that minimize meal prep and clean up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter