Meal split for "snack" DDP

kmaurine

Earning My Ears
Is it allowed (and not poor form) for 3 people to split one meal credit as light meal/heavy snack? DH, DD (11), and I will not get into Orlando until about 2:30 in the afternoon. We plan on hitting HS as soon as we have had a chance to get settled in. We wanted to check out the Sci-Fi dine in, but the only time available is 8:45pm, which will be a bit later than we want to eat dinner, so thinking QS dinner around 5ish and then maybe an 8:45 heavy snack.

I just wanted to make sure it was #1 allowed and #2 not considered rude, etc.

You could do this and no one would fault you, but why do you want to do this? If you do not even get into Orlando until 2:30 and will have a CS meal, you are already biting into what is a kind of short day. TS meals take time even when you are using them as a snack. DHS has some pretty good options as real snacks that do not take the time commitment a TS ADR will take.

Is there anything there that could be split 3 ways? Not to mention the logistics of trying to split a meal amongst 3 people when someone is sitting in another row

The Barbecue Platter, maybe? One entree would include just one drink, so maybe a milkshake with three straws?

I agree it’s not the best idea for several reasons. The seating at the Sci-Fi is tight and dark. Not made for social interacting. I have not been able to sit three in one row there since my kids were toddlers.

You can try the day of to modify your ADR and see if an earlier time is available. You could also show up and ask if there’s availability to seat you sooner.

I also would recommend a light snack maybe the pretzel and charcuterie board at Baseline Tap House to hold you over for dinner.

We are always on the DDP but never use it at Sci-Fi. I tend to save my Disney Visa reward credits for the meal or just pay OOP.

If your goal is to visit the restaurant, and you're willing to go OOP, maybe get a couple of apps or milkshakes or something like that? Here's to a great trip and lots of good food!

If your goal is to visit the restaurant, and you're willing to go OOP, maybe get a couple of apps or milkshakes or something like that? Here's to a great trip and lots of good food!
This is what I would suggest also just get some apps and drinks OOP. I understand wanting to go to Sci-Fi it is one of my must do's each trip. So check out the menu and prices and decide if OOP is an option.

LoriWV what part of WV are you from? Fellow West Virginian here also named Lori. I'm in Moundsville. just wanted to say Hi!

This is what I would suggest also just get some apps and drinks OOP. I understand wanting to go to Sci-Fi it is one of my must do's each trip. So check out the menu and prices and decide if OOP is an option.

LoriWV what part of WV are you from? Fellow West Virginian here also named Lori. I'm in Moundsville. just wanted to say Hi!
Hi Lori! :) Born, raised, and still living in Elkins! Spent my college years not far away from you in Wheeling. Nice to "meet" another WV gal!

Anyone else having issues with calling for an ADR? It takes me through the whole spiel, tells me to wait for someone to help me then silence for a few minutes until I get the survey you take after speaking to someone.

Hi Lori and jos, another fellow Mountaineer here. (Well I live in MD now but I am from Morgantown, born in Glen Dale and my step family lives in Moundsville. :) )

If I was to split one TS credit 3 ways at Sci Fi, I might do something like:
- person A, sit in different row and enjoy a milkshake and a portion of the entree (maybe the fries?)
- person B&C sit together and share an entree and dessert

Or one person gets the milkshake, one person gets the entree and one person gets the dessert.

I went on a girls trip and my girlfriend and I had no issues splitting a burger and fries at Sci Fi for lunch.

Hi Lori and jos, another fellow Mountaineer here. (Well I live in MD now but I am from Morgantown, born in Glen Dale and my step family lives in Moundsville. :) )

Well Hello WVjules . I love that now I know some fellow mountaineers that share a love of Disney. :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!