Meal Plan Usage...

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
We will be staying for a week at the Newport Bay hotel. I made up that week based on back to back 3N and 4N reservations.

I understand that meal plans are based on length of stay.

Am I to assume I can get a meal plan for the first part only (the 3 N reservation) and not the entire week since I really have 2 separate reservations?

If that was right, is the meal plan good for the entire day of arrival AND departure? Let's say I arrive Saturday morning. I get 3 dinner vouchers. Am I allowed to use that dinner voucher on Tuesday, the day I have "checked out", even though breakfast certainly qualified for that morning and my passport allowed me admission to the park that entire Tuesday?

I ask this because I was planning to take one of those days and go touring as opposed to the parks and would not be around to use the dinner voucher.

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I think you could get them for both reservations? I don't know why you wouldn't be able to.
Yes, they are valid on all the days, so arrival and departure day, but not after

Yes, I could get a dining plan for both reservations, but I figure that the second half of my trip I will be touring outside of DLP. Consequently, I would rather dine locally and soak up local cuisine. Besides, if I am touring, there is no guarantee I would be back at dinner time.

So I figure since dining plans have to be length of stay, having a 3N and a 4N reservation, I get the flexibility of only having to take it for part of our stay

---Paul in Southern NJ

At least at WDW, depending where you eat, you could come out ahead.

That was my point... Using a dining plan at WDW you can come out ahead. I'm figuring, if you use it properly, you can come out ahead at DLP as well.

That was my point... Using a dining plan at WDW you can come out ahead. I'm figuring, if you use it properly, you can come out ahead at DLP as well.

it's not clear cut at WDW either....it's more a question of convenience - having everything prepaid...
when i crunched the numbers for us at WDW, the dining plan actually worked out to be slightly more expensive, but there's a convenience factor as well as a sticker shock factor that makes it worthwhile for some people..

it's not clear cut at WDW either....it's more a question of convenience - having everything prepaid...
when i crunched the numbers for us at WDW, the dining plan actually worked out to be slightly more expensive, but there's a convenience factor as well as a sticker shock factor that makes it worthwhile for some people..

Agreed.

To make it pay, you have to be very hungry, eat lots of big meals and eat at the higher end restaurants. (having kids that can eat you out of house and home doesn't hurt either!:duck: )

---Paul in Southern NJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter