Meal Plan Question

birdmom

ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!
We are staying on property for 8 days but are only going to WDW on 5 of the days. Is it possible to still buy the meal plan but only for 5 days?

OK that's what I was afraid of. I don't want to pay for it while we are at universal.

Dining plans are per night and no you cannot just buy it for part of the trip.
Even if you won't be going into the parks for a couple of the days you can still eat at restaurants at the resorts, Disney Springs, Boardwalk...

Dining plans are per night and no you cannot just buy it for part of the trip.
Even if you won't be going into the parks for a couple of the days you can still eat at restaurants at the resorts, Disney Springs, Boardwalk...
yes that is true but we will be at universal, not worth the uber ride to get back to a Disney restaurant

Actually you can do a dining plan for part of your trip if you opt to do a split stay at the start or end of your trip.

would I have to check out and back into my room?
Yes and even out of one hotel and into another.
Did that once for a different reason :had ADRS at restaurants that didn't accept any dining plan. So for 3 or 4 nights we stayed at one hotel eating OOP and for the remainder of the stay switched to another hotel with a dining plan included.

We are planning an 8 day trip, with two days at Universal. We are getting the dining plan and are planning one or two Signature restaurants to use up the TS credits. The QS are not that big a deal...we will either grab breakfast one or two of the Universal days, or it give us enough QS for both our arrival and departure day.

The dinning plan is per person -per night....

Entitlements are good until mid-night on the day of departure...

If you go the DDP route - you can eat breakfast each morning in the food court,before heading over to Universal and save your TS service credit, and maybe do a 2-TS meal for a special treat... plus breakfast and/or lunch on departure day.

As well when we have friends and family that come and they are going to tackle both WDW and Universal, I caution them to not by the multi-day tickets, as it seem that they get everything the wanted to see and do done in one day... with the two park option... If they feel that they did not get everything done or want to spend another whole day then they add another day while they are there... Most of them end up going one day with the two park option at Universal they hit the park at opening and stay till closing and get everything done they want to, then end up adding more days at WDW, and/or spending the day at the resort pool and hitting up Disney Spring in the evening.. or going to the outlets shopping...

Don't forget your snack credits you can use this for breakfast on the go if want when heading over to Universal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter