Me and Quincy Jones :-)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I write for a music magazine here in LA, which means I often get invited to cool events. This evening I got to attend a party at Capitol Studios, which honored Quincy Jones. I ran into Steve Vai, who's a famous guitarist I interviewed earlier this year and he remembered me, which was nice. A little later after Quincy was presented with an award from AKG microphones for their career-long association, I got to sit down with him briefly. This is actually the second time I've met him but it was still a thrill. For anyone that doesn't know, Q is a 28-time Grammy winner who's been nominated for a total of 80. He's worked with virtually everyone in the business and was the producer on MJ's Thriller, the biggest-selling record of all time. It was a great time.

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

This is me (obviously) is Studio B (less obviously;-)). A friend worked with Green Day on American Idiot, my favorite GD record, in this very room. I’ve been there a number of times and in the following pic, you’ll see several signatures on the console. The first time I was there, I noticed it. It’s signed by famous producers and engineers who’ve worked there.

9DB0F398-9C47-4F8A-87AB-BB41E8624F1E.jpeg

Signatures include Eddie Kramer (Hendrix, Zeppelin and even the two-record set of Woodstock), Geoff Emerick (engineer on the majority of Beatles records), Andy Johns, Al Schmitt (who I see nearly every time I’m at Capitol. He’s the go-to engineer for Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan and is awesome. Always, smiling, always kind and a 25-time Grammy winner) among several others.
CD7F2954-9C7F-489B-997B-1EDD98D35B83.jpeg

It’s always a blast and a privilege to visit Capitol!

Last edited:
Wow! They don't get any bigger than Quincy Jones! There's a terrific documentary on Netflix called Quincy-his daughter Rashida produced it.It's an amazing look at a musical genius.Very impressive for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter