ME- 4 Hours Before Departure Pickup!!!! Private Car Service?

what is precheck? It’s been a few years since I’ve flown, but we always do the early check in with Southwest, is that the same thing? Or is this something new?

Pre-check is TSA screening that you do a background check and get finger printed and pay around $80 for 5 years (but any minors 12 and under go through with you and don't need to be Pre-checked.) If you pass you get a KTA (known traveler number) You use that number when you book your flight and can use the expedited screening lanes at the TSA provided it is notated on your boarding pass.

So, not the same thing as Early Bird on SW.

I've just chatted with a Disney friend, and she recommended just eating/ shopping in the airport if we end up with some extra time there! Perhaps taking ME won't be so bad (and it's free)!
That's a choice that works for many. We have decided we'd rather eat/shop at Epcot ;)
We store our bags in the luggage lockers (found outside the park, so no security checks) and take Uber right from there

what is precheck? It’s been a few years since I’ve flown, but we always do the early check in with Southwest, is that the same thing? Or is this something new?

Pre-Check is the TSA program where you pay 85 dollars to get a known traveler number, basically you get a background check and are deemed worthy to skip regular screening.

We always leave 2 hours before our flight, even during Orlando rush hour (adds 15 min to the drive). We do have PreCheck so we know our lines will be shorter.
I am also comfortable with reaching our gate with only enough time for a restroom break. I don't want or need to sit there and wait.

FWIW, this describes us as well. 2 hours has always been perfect for us. We have pre-check and Clear (which admittedly probably skews my perspective on this topic) and either use RAC or curb-side luggage check-in. Have never even come close to missing a flight, or missing pre-boarding for that matter. Usually still have plenty of extra time.

I admit this logic doesn't apply if you don't have pre-check, need/value extra time at the airport, or just want a slower pace, but it works for us. :-)

Pre-check is TSA screening that you do a background check and get finger printed and pay around $80 for 5 years (but any minors 12 and under go through with you and don't need to be Pre-checked.) If you pass you get a KTA (known traveler number) You use that number when you book your flight and can use the expedited screening lanes at the TSA provided it is notated on your boarding pass.

So, not the same thing as Early Bird on SW.
Thank you :)

Not that I want everyone flooding the TSA Pre-Check line... but IMHO anyone who flies out of MCO more than once a year should seriously look into Pre-Check. The cost is pretty reasonable (some credit cards even reimburse it) and it makes managing time flying out of busy airports like MCO far more reliable, generally speaking.

We’re considering flying out of MLB or TPA next year. Back in Oct, the TSA lines were horrendous.

I can see why DME is doing 4 hour early pickups.

Not that I want everyone flooding the TSA Pre-Check line... but IMHO anyone who flies out of MCO more than once a year should seriously look into Pre-Check. The cost is pretty reasonable (some credit cards even reimburse it) and it makes managing time flying out of busy airports like MCO far more reliable, generally speaking.
Everybody's financial situation is different, of course, but I'd argue that as long as you're confident you'll take one round-trip flight a year, PreCheck is absolutely worth the money. It's $17 a year that saves you an incredible amount of time at the busiest airports around the country.

I spent this week at a conference for work at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando. I took Lyft to MCO and was through security using PreCheck in seven or eight minutes. The regular security line had a posted wait of 25 minutes. And to be honest, it was the longest wait I've had in a PreCheck line all year.

Seriously, PreCheck will change your whole traveling experience.

So it’s too late now for us to do Pre-Check for this trip. Knowing that, how long before your departing flight would you have a private car service pick you up from your resort? Thank you!!!!

So it’s too late now for us to do Pre-Check for this trip. Knowing that, how long before your departing flight would you have a private car service pick you up from your resort? Thank you!!!!
When do you leave? You get the number within about 48 hours of your appointment, most of the time. We can get appointments same day but some areas are not as easy to get appointments.

Does anyone know if it's five hours now for international flights? Can't find it on Disney's site.

I just rented a car for my next trip, not dealing with 4 hour before flight pickup. I also like to use Uber, and may just do that, either way, no MDE.

(car will also help us with a split stay, etc)

Well, even that is possible actually. If you wanted it that is.
Without PreCheck I'd leave about 2.5 hours before my flight

Thank you for your help! I would love to do it!
Unfortunately, the closest enrollment center is over an hour from me, and I read online that you usually receive your ‘decision’ two-three weeks after your appointment at the enrollment center. Would be thrilled if that was wrong! It obviously was must less time in your experience. If it doesn’t work out for this trip, it’s still something I want to do for the future!

But maybe DME should not make 4 pickup stops, and should arrive at the first pickup stop on time. It takes an hour just to do the pickups.
DME is a complimentary service. It offers shuttle bus service to/from MCO as well as luggage transfers.

Nothing has really changed with DME. Disney allows an hour to pick up passengers and drive to MCO. Figure 20-25 minutes to pickup at up to 4 resorts and 30-40 minutes to drive to MCO.

Airport wanted passengers to arrive 2 hours before flight time, Disney picked up 3 hours before your flight. Airport wants passengers to arrive 3 hours before your flight Disney pickups 4 hours before. MCO website suggests using your airlines guidelines if they're different. Southwest still suggests 2 hours. I wonder what DMEs response would be if a guest flying on Southwest requested a pickup time consistent with your airline, which is what MCO is suggesting you go by.

My daughter wasn't able to board a DME bus at POP. Driver accommodated passenger who wanted to leave early which resulted in a full bus at the last stop. Disney gave her a taxi voucher. People are looking to leave early.

Disney has to follow airport "guidelines". There are alternatives for people who don't like Disney's scheduling. Looks like the change may be only until the end of the year.

Car services use (or used to use) a guideline of picking up 2 hours before your flight, getting to MCO 90 minutes before your flight. That's probably not enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!