MDE timing on return trip

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
On mDE information, it says that the bus picks you up 4 hours before an international flight. Is that the same for Canada? I don't want to have to hang out in the airport for 3 hours. Plus it cuts down on my touring time!!

Yes Canada is considered international. I’m thankful we book out of buffalo for this reason.

Remember too that your coach may not be going directly to MCO. There could be stops at other resorts along the way. A good chunk of that 4 hours could actually be getting to the airport. And with the added security delays lately, you'll need that extra time.

This is what I am a bit worried about - the extra time needed to pass through security / customs (both at YYZ and at especially at MCO).
Heck, if they can pick me up earlier to take me to the airport I will take that option LOL :)

This is what I am a bit worried about - the extra time needed to pass through security / customs (both at YYZ and at especially at MCO).
Heck, if they can pick me up earlier to take me to the airport I will take that option LOL :)
I always decide when i want to be at the airport and then provide a bogus flight # --- for me, i like extra time so i don't stress out over the possibility of being late.

YYZ, same thing goes, I study the departure times of flights out of whichever terminal we are using and we get to the airport when there will be a lull. I'd much rather sit on the other side of security instead of stressing if I'll make my plane! But then, I'm weird like that. We pick flights that don't involve butt-crack of stupid o'clock get-to-the-airport and for coming home we prefer the last flight out for a much more relaxing last day.

These days it's not "hanging out" in the airport, it's praying to all known deities that you and your family make it through the TSA security checkpoint with all your luggage before your flight takes off... :(

As long as we have made it through security, I really honestly do not mind buying a magazine or eating some snacks and people-watching for hours... it's only SUPER irritating to be on the "wrong" side of security when you haven't made it through yet!

Since I change planes in Seattle it’s not considered an international flight so still 3 hrs for me. We always pick the late afternoon flight home. So DME pick up is usually around 2:30 for us. And we get to enjoy our leaving day, sometimes going out for a nice breakfast then nipping into a nearby park for a couple of rides before heading back for The Magical Depress.
Funny how we love seeing them arriving, and at the end of the trip hate seeing them.

I will also agree with everyone. More time is now needed for MCO. There have been reports of 90 minute waits at security. Before the new security measures started the wait was, at best, 30 minutes. Our last few trips through there security was about 40-45 minutes. So also add in the possibility that your DME bus will spend an hour making stops before even leaving WDW property. So a 4 hour pick up time is not at all too much time.

BTW, a few years ago we started calling DME to change our pick up time to be at least 30 minutes earlier than what they had booked us for. We had several trips that with other stops and traffic on the highway was getting us to MCO way too close for comfort.

We were given a 1:30 AM pick-up time for a 7 AM flight. I was travelling with a tween which would have been a disaster given we had an all day connection wait in YYZ. It was suggested we stay at an airport hotel instead and pick a number of a late evening flight the night before to give for the MDE. We left our luggage with guest services and spent the day at the parks getting picked up around 5:30 pm. We still had to get up early but gained about three hours sleep. This worked so well I did it again at March Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter