MDE difficulties

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Is it just me, or has MDE become even glitchier? I get Olaf constantly and have for the last few months (changing around adrs). Took me an hour to make our FP today and would have taken 5 minutes if I could just click and move on. I've tried the computer and app, different browsers, it's all the same. Has anyone found anything that improved your experience?

I have had more success yesterday and today using the app on my phone instead of my computer (computer was terrible). It was glitchy, but it didn't take me an hour! More like 10 minutes. I found it easier to just take whatever time it offered me, then go back and modify the times afterward.

I just finished our fast passes for the week and every day Olaf popped up, at least a dozen times. I just kept going back in and he would eventually go away. Each morning it took me about 5-10 minutes to book 3 fast passes.

Yes in parks this week. Very frustrating to modify existing FP or try to get a 4th. We were here in May and it worked great. Very disappointing. We are wasting a lot of time getting kicked off the app or website...neither seems to work better than the other.

I decided to make a couple ADR’s yesterday. Wasted a lot of time. Blank blue screens constantly.

The last time I was booking, I had better luck using MDE on my phone but that didn’t work sometimes either. Another trick that seemed to help was using google chrome on my computer & going into chrome settings & switching to incognito mode. Good luck. I hope all starts to work well soon.

My FP day was today for an on-site visit. It was mostly Ok until I tried to do one particular day at Animal Kingdom. And then Olaf every time. So I did that day on my phone. It's awful. I feel so bad for the people who don't know all the little tricks that are posted here.

Google Chrome seems to work better then IE, haven't found that 'incognito mode' to work any better. Sometimes when I get the 'site is down' message I just click 'refresh' and the information appears. Disney tends to be a very glitchy site compared to all other websites I use.

Google Chrome seems to work better then IE, haven't found that 'incognito mode' to work any better. Sometimes when I get the 'site is down' message I just click 'refresh' and the information appears. Disney tends to be a very glitchy site compared to all other websites I use.

I also haven’t had much success with the incognito mode that is frequently suggested on the Dis. I do better just giving up and trying later. Not really an option though when you are in parks.

Yesterday my husband’s space mountain FP vanished into thin air. The other FP’s for both of us on that day were still intact. Tried everything website, ME, incognito, refresh after refresh, you name it. I had a printout of the FP’s so I knew I had booked it at 60 days. I realize that it was still there but it is so random what happens. I had better things to do so returned a few hours later and it mysteriously appeared. I’ll be bringing my printout but IMO MDE isn’t reliable which is sad when Disney touts it so much. I had many issues linking my Dolphin reservation. It was fixed on the Dolphin side, never on the MDE side. I called Disney and spent a bunch of time getting them to make manual Fp’s that can’t be modified. Lovely.

We booked ADRs this morning and ran into issues. My husband was on the MAC and couldn’t pull up dates. When he was finally able to, the time slots weren’t ideal. I got through quickly on the thinkpad from work and was able to pull up better breakfast times for the same restaurant on the same day.

We also had issues with our Epcot ADRs not showing up even though we successfully got through the process and had to rebook.

We also ran into it not accepting the credit card to hold the reservation even though that same credit card held six reservations before this morning.

All sorts of wonky stuff happening!

^^ I agree, was on the phone the other day with Disney trying to update something about my reservation. They suggested that 'incognito mode' which I had never heard of and hadn't used previously. It made no difference when I tried it. One of the buttons I would click to get to my reservation would just loop me back around to that same screen. They seemed to admit they have a LOT of IT issues, seen several threads on here about these problems. The recommendation to 'try this/try that' is annoying and never really seems to make any difference. I also tried later in the day, then it was working again.

I was having difficulty on Monday. It was having trouble loading and I kept getting the spinning spiral on the tab. And it wouldn’t let me sign in. I had better luck opening it on Safari on my laptop.

I noticed yesterday when I finally got 3 ADR’s that I didn’t receive emails for all 3 reservations. A little odd?

I also haven’t had much success with the incognito mode that is frequently suggested on the Dis. I do better just giving up and trying later. Not really an option though when you are in parks.

Yesterday my husband’s space mountain FP vanished into thin air. The other FP’s for both of us on that day were still intact. Tried everything website, ME, incognito, refresh after refresh, you name it. I had a printout of the FP’s so I knew I had booked it at 60 days. I realize that it was still there but it is so random what happens. I had better things to do so returned a few hours later and it mysteriously appeared. I’ll be bringing my printout but IMO MDE isn’t reliable which is sad when Disney touts it so much. I had many issues linking my Dolphin reservation. It was fixed on the Dolphin side, never on the MDE side. I called Disney and spent a bunch of time getting them to make manual Fp’s that can’t be modified. Lovely.
Just let you know, when the FP don't display they aren't gone. It's just a visibility problem. If you walked up to use that FP, it would scan green and let you in. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up a FP selection and seen only 1 name, when they were booked for 2. Happens at least once a day when we are in the parks trying to modify or book additional FP. Backing out and going back in several times eventually works. But in the meantime, we can use any booked FP just fine. MDE just isn't displaying the info correctly. If that makes sense

Argh, just tried Chrome Incognito and got Olaf 5 times in a row trying to update/modify one the FP I made yesterday. I can get all the way to last page when the other options/times would display. It's very frustrating.

Here's a flowchart of what I'd try when having trouble, more or less in order:
  1. On a full computer: Reload the page. If possible, try a "hard refresh" by holding down ctrl (cmd on mac) while clicking refresh icon.
  2. Try a different browser (I've had marginally better success in Firefox than Chrome)
  3. Sign out and back in for a fresh session
  4. If you're working on a FastPass, instead of coming in from "My Plans" (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/), come in from "FastPass+" (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fastpass-plus/)
  5. Try the mobile app instead
  6. If there is another Disney account with access to the same reservations, try it.
  7. Throw a pinch of salt over your left shoulder and pour out a libation of Dole Whip.
Our FastPass morning took two adults (on separate Disney accounts with linked reservations) 45 minutes to secure 18 FPs. Thats 5 man-minutes per FP. Unconscionable.

And in all seriousness, anyone encountering persistent and serious problems, can't hurt to call; maybe there's something they can fix on your account.

It took me 40 minutes to make my FP's the other morning. VERY stressful. I just kept trying and eventually got what I wanted. I can't even get the app to open on my phone most of the time. I've deleted and reloaded several times. It sure seems like a company like Disney could get it figured out. It seems to get worse as the years go by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!