MDE and linking(?) with a non-smartphone person?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I am going with a friend in January who has never been to WDW and is not a smartphone user.
I set her up in my MDE with our reservations. I am purchasing her ticket, paying the hotel, etc, and she will reimburse me.

She's happy with not having her own MDE, but here's the question I have.

We are doing a photopass share with a different friend of mine. That saves us all money, and Jean and I only want a couple of photos anyway and don't want to pay for a full photopass.

Without her own MDE, is the only way for her to get her photos is for me to download them all, and then mail her a flashdrive? (She doesn't live locally, and will fly back at the end of our trip). Should I set her up with her own MDE, and link us, so she can see the photos once she gets to her own computer at home and download the ones she wants?

I hope my question makes sense!

I am going with a friend in January who has never been to WDW and is not a smartphone user.
I set her up in my MDE with our reservations. I am purchasing her ticket, paying the hotel, etc, and she will reimburse me.

She's happy with not having her own MDE, but here's the question I have.

We are doing a photopass share with a different friend of mine. That saves us all money, and Jean and I only want a couple of photos anyway and don't want to pay for a full photopass.

Without her own MDE, is the only way for her to get her photos is for me to download them all, and then mail her a flashdrive? (She doesn't live locally, and will fly back at the end of our trip). Should I set her up with her own MDE, and link us, so she can see the photos once she gets to her own computer at home and download the ones she wants?

I hope my question makes sense!

If you have a google account, you can use google drive and upload photos in a folder there. You'll be able to copy & paste a shareable link that you can send to her where she can get the photos.

There are other similar services and some specific to just image files, so just find one that matches your need if you don't specifically have a google account.

If you guys only want a couple pictures just email them to her. I wouldn't set up a separate MDE just for this.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, only the person with the actual photopass on their MDE will be able to download the pictures. So if you paid for memory maker, you will be the one to download your trip pics and the different friends pics. If this other friend paid for it, only she will be able to download the pics.

@SG131 I was thinking the same thing about memory maker management

@lorenae if your other friend manages memory maker, she'd have to transfer ownership to you for you to download unwatermarked pictures.

@SG131 I was thinking the same thing about memory maker management

@lorenae if your other friend manages memory maker, she'd have to transfer ownership to you for you to download unwatermarked pictures.

Ah, I wasn't thinking about that! My friend would have to download MY (our) photos onto a flash drive first, and then I could copy/share with Jean. I don't know why I spaced out on that- I was thinking that since we were linked, we could both download, but of course she would be the owner. Thank you so much!

You could also just share your passwords for MDE (assuming these are people you trust!) and everyone can download themselves on their own computer and no need to mail a flash drive.

I recently traveled with a friend who did not have MDE and I managed everything for our trip including Memory Maker. In order to share photos with her, I would simply go into MDE, click on the photo that I wanted to share, hit "Share" and I could e-mail the photo to her directly from my MDE account. You could ask your friend to simply share the photos via MM through e-mail after your trip. Or, if she's willing to temporarily give you access to her MDE, you could go in and e-mail them to yourself and your friend on your own. It's a pretty simple process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter