MDE and daughter turning 13

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
Was not sure where to put this question but i figured this was probably the best place. My daughter is turning 13 soon (before our next trip this summer). She has always been on my MDE account but i read that at 13 someone can have their own account. My question is will she be booted from y account at 13 or can i just have her stay under my account? Also would there be any benefit to her not being under my account? Was thinking of this while watching videos on how to get rise of the resistance reservations. With how buggy MDE can be i am hesitant to change anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice or info.

She will remain on your account. My DD23 made her own account and I have had minor issues when I make new reservations because the system always wants to use the account that she created but that is not what her pass is every linked to because we still purchase her pass.

Nothing needs to be changed on your MDX account.
She can remain where she is.

She won't get booted, we have several adults in our family that are managed by one account. Since you have a trip planned, do not make her a new account. It really messes things up in our experience, like making one person into two. The only advantage is she can go off on her own and make her own fastpasses, but she can also log into your account to do this as well.

It would be odd if they were removed automatically. My husband has never had an account of his own. I do make all of our plans, but once we're there, my husband logs in using my email & password and then he can access fast passes and dining reservations too. We've never had an issue accessing the same account from two different devices either.

She will remain on your account. My DD23 made her own account and I have had minor issues when I make new reservations because the system always wants to use the account that she created but that is not what her pass is every linked to because we still purchase her pass.
You can merge the two accounts by updating the account that you manage by inviting her with the email address she used to create her own account.

My oldest daughter turned 13 last year and she was not booted from my account. Neither was my oldest son when he turned 13 a few years ago. Neither of them have their own MDE accounts. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We went on a trip four years ago - 4 adults, 4 children, and I'm the only one who has MDE. No issues. There are many families where only one adult has MDE, so there's no rush for your DD to have her own.

One time it would be an advantage for your DD to have her own MDE account is if she's going to WDW without you. Maybe when she's a little older, she'll go to Disney with a band group or something, and she'll want to make her own FP when she's not playing her tuba.

I remember reading some threads with parents complaining their kids' trip organizers weren't handing out the tickets in advance so they could link and make advance FP for their kids. While I understand the parents' frustration, I totally understand why teachers would not want to turn over very expensive park tickets to adolescents until they were right at the entrance.

You can merge the two accounts by updating the account that you manage by inviting her with the email address she used to create her own account.
I did that but it still gives us issues. Even asked Disney to delete her old profile and they can’t (which I just find strange). So one has a Disney image to show her linked account but when I book trips it always grabs the wrong one and I have to call to get fixed. Someday they will hopefully figure out how to delete her original icon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!