Mco to Cocoa beach

toandjo

Mouseketeer
Arriving at 4 pm on a Tuesday afternoon, no bags to collect, rental car to pick up at Mco, how long approximately do you think it will take us to get to Cocoa beach? Will rush hour be really bad?

there is no significant 'rush hour' between MCO and Cocoa Beach

'heavy traffic' in the area means waiting 'til the second cycle of a traffic light, and this is unusual!!!!

I live 15 miles south of Cocoa Beach and can go from airport terminal parking to my house in 50 minutes on an average day doing nothing crazy ... just staying with traffic.

NOW of there is an accident on 528, forgetaboutit as there is no good alternate route that won't cost an extra 30 minutes or more IF you know ahead of time and can get to it ...

if you plan to pay cash for the two tolls I highly recommend you have quarters so you can use exact change lanes ... the one place traffic can back up w/out an accident is the attended lanes at the two toll plazas .... {two tolls: $1 and $1.25}

Last edited:
Agree with @Capt_BJ above that the time from the airport to Cocoa Beach is less than an hour. We just drove that on Saturday (actually to Port Canaveral) and traffic at about 10 am wasn't an issue at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!