McDonalds and other breakfast options

mini-mse

Earning My Ears
Hi all

does anyone know what time McDonalds open in the morning? We are planning on having breakfast there as we are staying in holiday Inn and dont want to pay so much for breakfast, especially when my daughter is likely to only eat one croissant and a mug of hot chocolate! Is it the same price for kids breakfast in HI, ie. 15.50? Anyone have any other ideas for breakfast? I have an annual pass but dont know how to go about booking for the fantasyland breakfast? I am probably too late to book now anyway since we leave in less than a week. Is Cafe Mickey good for breakfast? Anyone know how much it is? Am hoping that McD's opens early enough for us not to need to eat anywhere else but want to be prepared just in case!

Thanks for any info you can offer me

Mini :earsgirl:

Hi,

dont know for sure, but guess McD will be opne from 9am or even earlier.
The childs breakfast at the Holiday Inn is around 7,50€ IIRC.
The CB at Cafe Mickey is 25€ adult..15€?? child. Perhaps you get the discount when you tell them you stay at the Holiday Inn, then it will be 22€ (adult). I did not liked it there...I would prefer Walts for breakfast.

Fantasyland breakfast was 14€ when I asked last year.

For your daughter...and you :cool1: there are water heaters in the rooms, so take your hot chocolate and coffee with you and get you some croissonts at the shopping center at Val d`Europe or at the gas station.

Greets Renate
Holiday Inn 25.-28.3.2005 and 2.-4.4.2005 :banana: :banana:

Thanks Renate

I didnt know there were kettles in the room, thats great. Might be the best option in the end. We might treat ourselves to breakfast in Walts one of the days. :earsboy:

Hi Mini,

I am a big fan of McDonald's breakfast at DLP. For 5 Euros you can get a huge amount of food. The "brunch" comes with 3 assorted crossants, a hot drink and a cold drink, yogurt, an "Egg McMuffin sandwich", and some more stuff I can't remember at the moment (I think i posted somewhere in my trip report the exact menu - I do remember it was 5 Euros.) It was plenty for my and my 13 year old daughter to share.

Opening time at McDonalds is 9 AM. I wish it was earlier... maybe in high season it opens earlier, but in January it was 9. Once we arrived at 9 and waited until 9:15 only to be told they were having "technical difficulties" and would not open any time soon. On that day we went accross the way on the other side of the village (restaurant name escapes me at the moment) and had donuts and coffee/ hot chocolate which was also reasonable and lovely.

I'm very big on skipping the hotel breakfasts. I understand the breakfast at HI is quite expensive, and at SL where we stayed it was included, but simply too much bother to deal with the queues and the crowds.

Thanks Jody

I had remembered you talking about McDonalds breakfast in one of your trip reports, thats where I got the idea to eat there! It sounds plenty for my 11 year old and myself to share and I like the sound of the price too! This is our first trip that breakfast in hotel is not included, and I know from experience that while breakfast is an important meal for me, its not for my daughter..she prefers to eat later on, so theres no way I want to pay so much for hr breakfast anywhere..she just wont eat it!

Hope liav is well again and enjoying being home with you. Im sure ye will start planning your next trip again soon!

Mini :wave2:

We were not keen on breakfast at HI, but otherwise enjoyed the stay there.
When we finished our day at the park I went to to garage beside Santa Fe in the evening to buy croissants, milk etc for the next days breakfast. Had cereal with us for the kids.

Reid

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Feb and it was really nice, and they supplied a kettle automatically. We booked 'room only' as our children don't eat much at breakfast. We took cereal & cartons of long life milk, plastic bowls & spoons! We've breakfasted at Walts & Cafe Mickey & preferred CM. Walts is lovely, but you're served the breakfast at your table, and the portions aren't huge and so it's difficult to linger. We had a lovely seat by the window and watched a couple of buses full of characters driving down main street for the character greet. This was a couple of years ago, we saw Mickey, the Chipmunks, a very pretty girl mouse who we didn't recognise & the staff couldn't tell us who she was. I think we found out later she was from 'the rescuers' and also Mr Smee. At CM there is a buffet and so you can stay for ages. There is a huge variety of food. Sausages (spicey, quite nice) bacon (yuk) potatoes & scrambled eggs. All sorts of ham & cheeses, smoked salmon, cakes, cereal, yoghurts. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Friar Tuck, King Louie, Robin Hood, Gideon over the space of about an hour.

BPTP said:
a very pretty girl mouse who we didn't recognise & the staff couldn't tell us who she was. I think we found out later she was from 'the rescuers'

That's Bianca!

Thanks to all of you for your replies and ideas. I think we will make our own breakfast each morning and maybe treat ourselves to Cafe Mickey one of the days. We will have a great time no matter what!

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter