MB access to Parking Lot

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
We have an upcoming stay at BLT, two groups arriving by car.

Our MBs are linked to the reservation, is it necessary to stop at the guard shack or can we tap and enter?

I thought you had to use the magic band on the room door before it will open the gate to the parking lot. But that could have changed.

Fwiw I have always gotten in at the gate with the band without issues. I’ve never had to open a door to get in the gate.

It would be easier to use the guard shack for your first entry in case it doesn't work. We were told by the guy at the VGF gate that we needed to do that.

We were checking in to CCV on January 21 and received the text with our room number a few minutes before we got there. Pulled up to the gate and used MB to enter. DH had a little trouble but said he wasn’t placing the MB correctly.

Since we generally rent a car from the airport we always tap in at the guard shack first.

We were checking in to CCV on January 21 and received the text with our room number a few minutes before we got there. Pulled up to the gate and used MB to enter. DH had a little trouble but said he wasn’t placing the MB correctly.

Nice to know! I've wondered but have always decided against trying as I didn't want to get stuck there and have to get the guard over.

Nice to know! I've wondered but have always decided against trying as I didn't want to get stuck there and have to get the guard over.

Yes, when DH initially had trouble I was worried about having to back up and get behind the vehicles in line for the guard or have the guard come over or something, but DH was able to line it up correctly (or touch the right place - I'm not sure which!) and the gate opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter