Mazda CX-5?

Just the fuel pump for my Taurus was $380, no labor. So $400 installed sounds reasonable.

Part for the Chevy was only about $200, but the labor involved was decent as well. The fuel pump is not easily accessible -- either have to pull the whole tank from underneath, or unbolt the bed and tilt it away to get to it.

Yeah, something is not computing here.

That info was given to me by Walmart, Towery(local tire store), Costco, Sams, and Tire Discounters. I also did online research and found it to be true.

"Starting in 2010, Mazda started to offer the CX-7 with a 17" wheel option equipped with a 215/70R17 tire. As we sometimes see, this is the only vehicle that uses this size. This of course means replacement options can be a challenge. When dealing with a tire size that fits just one vehicle, tire companies (other than the Original Equipment supplier) are hard pressed to justify the investment of entering the market. Typically, the Original Equipment tire doesn't receive high marks in the feedback collected and this leaves customers shopping for replacement options in a bit of a pinch." Hemmings motor news.

"Starting in 2010, Mazda started to offer the CX-7 with a 17" wheel option equipped with a 215/70R17 tire. As we sometimes see, this is the only vehicle that uses this size. This of course means replacement options can be a challenge. When dealing with a tire size that fits just one vehicle, tire companies (other than the Original Equipment supplier) are hard pressed to justify the investment of entering the market. Typically, the Original Equipment tire doesn't receive high marks in the feedback collected and this leaves customers shopping for replacement options in a bit of a pinch." Hemmings motor news.

Buy new wheels. Problem solved.

Buy new wheels. Problem solved.
Looks like multiple tire companies now make that size.
But a car owner shouldn't have to spend $1,000 or more on 4 new wheels, plus the cost of having your speedometer calibrated to the new wheel size.

Not if the difference is slight. Those who have that vehicle can probably do more online research and figure it out. Only took me a couple of minutes to find an equivalent tire when others said none was available......LOL.

Not if the difference is slight. Those who have that vehicle can probably do more online research and figure it out. Only took me a couple of minutes to find an equivalent tire when others said none was available......LOL.
Not that math is my area of expertise, but I believe as the diameter of a tire increases........the greater the impact a change is size is going to make. One size difference on my truck with 16.5 diameter tires threw the speedometer off by almost 10 miles an hour......enough to put you at great risk of a speeding ticket.

But you still have the cost of getting the speedometer calibrated.

No. If you get the tire width and aspect ratio correct it's not an issue. For example, PP said the Mazda used 215/70/17. If those tires were truly hard to find, then you would simply go to something like 225/65/17 (I'd have to research for the exact spec) and you'd be pretty darn close to spot on. It's done all the time.

No. If you get the tire width and aspect ratio correct it's not an issue. For example, PP said the Mazda used 215/70/17. If those tires were truly hard to find, then you would simply go to something like 225/65/17 (I'd have to research for the exact spec) and you'd be pretty darn close to spot on. It's done all the time.
Well I only went from 235 to 245 and I had issues.

I purchased a new cx-5 in 2017. It now has 18,000 miles on it. I still love it and would buy it again without hesitation. It is very comfortable to travel in, fun to drive, decent gas mileage, and does great in snow and on ice. We have an all wheel drive. It lowers the gas mileage a little but I needed something that did well in bad weather.

I have a 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring. It's my favorite car that I've owned. And I've driven Toyota, BMW and Acura. It handles really nicely, has great pick up and is quiet. We took our best friends to Disney in it and with 4 adults luggage and a trip to Le Creuset, it was a bit tight. But, we made it and the ride is comfortable. I'd recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter