Maybe you all can help with ??'s

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Hoping all you well established cruisers can help us out with a few questions... I'm in the researching stages.......

I know we are way off but we are thinking of a 6/25/05 Cruise...... Is it too early to book now????

The girls (will be 13 & 15 at the time) wanted to know if you can use Disney $$$ on the cruise and CC?

What are my chances of being "Bumped Up" to a verandah if I book Cat 8????? Has it ever happened? Also regarding this question.....Was the window (port hole) worth it vs. a Cat 10 cabin?

For anyone who would know about this....Can I book my Dh & I with cash and my DD & DN with points?

Thanks Bunches,
Lisa

I know we are way off but we are thinking of a 6/25/05 Cruise...... Is it too early to book now????

They are not booking June 2005 yet.

The girls (will be 13 & 15 at the time) wanted to know if you can use Disney $$$ on the cruise and CC?

The ship and CC operate on a cashless system. All transaction on the ship will be through your KTTW card. But you can make payments at the service desk on Deck 3 on your account. I seem to remember that they will take Disney Dollars.

What are my chances of being "Bumped Up" to a verandah if I book Cat 8????? Has it ever happened? Also regarding this question.....Was the window (port hole) worth it vs. a Ca 10 cabin?

You chances are slim. Free upgrades are rare and only happen when Disney has need of your room. For example if they over book a catagory. Play it safe. Only book a room you will be happy with. If you get an upgrade, well that is iceing on the cake.

For anyone who would know about this....Can I book my Dh & I with cash and my DD & DN with points?

Yes - you must book at least one adult with points, the remaining party can be booked with cash or points. All reservations must be made through member services.

Originally posted by MAC3

You can use DD's to pre-pay your shipboard account because everything you get on the Ship and CC is charged to that account with your KTTW card.

I am not sure if you can book 6/05 as yet...

there is literally no rhyme or reason as to who, why, how, or when an upgrade is granted.....I believe they are generally given when the demand exceeds the availability of a certain category....in reading posts from upgraded cruisers, it seems like the most upgrades are given from cat 11 ....dont count on one though, they are very rare (unless you pay for it)

...yes, I do recommend an outside stateroom....well worth the extra cost .......consider cat 9, which is the same stateroom as cat 8, but on deck 2....deck 2, particularly aft, is close to many of the venues used most on the ship....check out the deck plans on Daves website at www.dcltribute.com

It looks like the solid answer type questions are answered.

Since this is the time of year we usually vacation, I have noticed that the ships seem to be pretty full at that time of year, so I would guess that an free upgrade would be very rare.

Some people have been very happy with an inside stateroom. Very cozy and quiet. These are mostly people who are spend little time in their room from what I've observed.

I spent quite a bit of time on the verandah for sunrises and sunsets and late night quiet.

Originally posted by TnRobin
Yes - you must book at least one adult with points, the remaining party can be booked with cash or points. All reservations must be made through member services.

Thanks Robin (& everyone else with your help) So I must book 1 adult with points then I can choose to do the rest any way? So this must all be done through MS?

Also, somebody else mentioned you can prepay for certain things? So when I board will have a credit?

One more thing please, (something tells me I will be bothering you people often in the next year or so):eek: Do they have a dance club that teens & adults can go together? I thought I read somewhere they have a family sort of club.

Thanks Again Everyone,
Lisa

There is a family night club, called Studio Sea, on deck 5. Also, there are family shows before 9:00pm in the some of other clubs on deck 3. After 9:00pm (or thereabouts) the deck 3 clubs are adults-only. Studio Sea is always an all-ages club.

I've never prepaid, but I'm assuming that you could do so. You could ask your travel agent or DCL rep about that.

Can't help with the DVC questions....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter