MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Here's hoping travel starts back up again between the US and Europe! We are supposed to do the Grand Prix in Monaco, a wedding in Santorini directly after, and another wedding in Santorini in September.

We really missed Italy this year!

I hope hope hope your trip happens! I too have a good feeling about the vaccine.

Whoo-hoo!!!! So very happy for you and Tom for having 3 trips booked for next year!!! pixiedust:

And tell Kyle congrats on the new car!!! It's always fun to drive something new and I love the new car smell!!!

And I think I need to set my scale back 20 pounds... This working from home is hard on my waste line!!! popcorn::

Hope you have a safe Thanksgiving!!!!

lol.....I hear you on the scales!! I may not be in America, but I`m sure celebrating as if I am........being home is definitely making it too easy to snack!

Thanks.....he is loving this car again, it`s the same car he had before, but loves it, so just got the newer updated model with some more updates and more boy stuff.....lol......we love it too! And yes, that new car smell is always nice!!!

We are excited to be booked for sure......one more set of flights to book which should be released late January.......

Have a wonderful day today too.......:wave2:

Oh so happy you have trips planned!! I CAN JUST PICTURE IT NOW.:rotfl2:

TOM, riding on the wing.:oops: Hoping that's his flying on the wing coat and hat????

.View attachment 540317

😁
I have 3 trips planned, in my mind at least, that's about as close to any I'll get. I fear I'm about to be on forced retirement soon. Our State is shut down,
'it's a fine mess Ollie'.

:rotfl:

I remember that episode!!! There`s a few of those episodes that stick in your mind more than others.....that`s one of them.......

You`re in shutdown too??? jeez, it really is a mess in some places......hope you don`t have to retire, well, not if you don`t want to of course......

Keep those trips in your mind and hopefully they`ll come off......

Enjoy today too........:wave2:

Here's hoping travel starts back up again between the US and Europe! We are supposed to do the Grand Prix in Monaco, a wedding in Santorini directly after, and another wedding in Santorini in September.

We really missed Italy this year!

I hope hope hope your trip happens! I too have a good feeling about the vaccine.

Welcome back!!! Nice to see you post again........

Oh you have some lovely trips planned next year!! Monaco in May is gorgeous. It`s been over 20 years since we went to that GP. Never been to Santorini, but it does look beautiful and a wedding too......how lovely.

There was good news yesterday that International travel may soon happen again....so keeping everything crossed for all of us!

Yes, the vaccine news has to be good.....it`s nice to be finally able to see some kind of hope at the end of this very long year .......hope all is good with you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving :wave2:

Hello, Carole! So nice to see your optimistic spirit with this ongoing pre-trip report! Our little grandson arrived Oct. 26, five weeks early. After a week in the NICU, he went home with his momma, and both are doing well. He is of course the most adorable child ever to be born! We didn't go to my parents' a couple of states away for Thanksgiving; we instead stayed home and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for me, my husband, daughter and son-in-law. We're being extra-careful, as I still have two more cancer treatments, and they're being extra-careful with a preemie in the house. Such a blessing to be together, even in such a small group.

As for vacations, my husband and I are hoping to make a trip to Utah's National Parks in 2021; we did an Arizona road trip a few years ago and found we greatly enjoyed it. And we may take our daughter, SIL and GS to the beach. I am ITCHING to take him to Disney and Universal, but that will have to wait for a while. Hope you have a lovely, lovely holiday season!

Hello, Carole! So nice to see your optimistic spirit with this ongoing pre-trip report! Our little grandson arrived Oct. 26, five weeks early. After a week in the NICU, he went home with his momma, and both are doing well. He is of course the most adorable child ever to be born! We didn't go to my parents' a couple of states away for Thanksgiving; we instead stayed home and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for me, my husband, daughter and son-in-law. We're being extra-careful, as I still have two more cancer treatments, and they're being extra-careful with a preemie in the house. Such a blessing to be together, even in such a small group.

As for vacations, my husband and I are hoping to make a trip to Utah's National Parks in 2021; we did an Arizona road trip a few years ago and found we greatly enjoyed it. And we may take our daughter, SIL and GS to the beach. I am ITCHING to take him to Disney and Universal, but that will have to wait for a while. Hope you have a lovely, lovely holiday season!

Cara!!!

So good to see you pop in.....I`ve been thinking of you and hoping all was well with the baby.......

Big congratulations on your Grandson......you must be so proud, and of course he is the most adorable baby! Glad to hear they are all doing well.....especially being so early, but so glad to hear it`s all good news with him.

And glad to know your Thanksgiving was lovely, although different. Just being together is enough. And you`re down to two treatments.....I imagine you`ll be so glad to see the end of them. It`s been quite a year you`ve had with everything.

I just looked at several places in Utah funnily enough. One of our friends at the RP we keep in touch with is originally from Utah and he was telling me last weekend of several places he had gone back to visit recently......I googled and I have to say it`s completely stunning. I had no idea it was so beautiful.......

Oh of course you`re desperate to introduce him to Disney and Universal......you have so much to look forward to coming up.......

Sending you and your family all good wishes too for the upcoming holiday season, and hope the treatments go as well as they have been for you.......

Take care :wave2:

i-BNzNHCg-S.gif

i-rRnf958-S.gif

Yes, I have a very romantic idea of what December and Christmas look like....and sadly it`s never usually like the picture I have in my mind. But, I can dream......Tom and I once went to Switzerland in December and they had the least amount of snowfall they`d had for years! Of course.....we weren`t going to ski.....Tom and I don`t ski.....might be funny to imagine though......:rolleyes1

i-ZjRKk7h-S.gif

Looking back at Christmas pictures is always so much fun.....and with this ever rolling trip report still going......again the lovely ladies suggested we do some Christmas recaps to kind of keep Christmas going for now....so, we have three visits to go through, so won`t post them all.....maybe just a few favourites and thinking back to Christmasses before this horrible virus hit us and knocked us all for six.

Real life update first....although there really is nothing to report......life is more or less still at a standstill.

Actually, it`s quite weird. It`s barely 2.30 in the afternoon as I start to type this up, I have the Christmas lights all on, and a lamp in this room as it`s already so dull and fairly dark outside......so it almost feels very Christmas like already.......it has been a cold and damp day so far here.

Kyle is still working from home and we think his offices may not open up till April, which means he`ll be a full year working from home. It`s almost unimaginable from when this all started that a year later it would still be affecting us. He is fine though.....he`s been busy with work and still managing to have a small social life and of course enjoying his new car he got two weeks ago.....I think he is already well over 1000 miles on the clock......

We are the most prepared for Christmas we have ever been......seriously.......never in as many years have we all finished our gift buying before December started. Of course we pick up things along the way, all the impulse buys and things we really don`t need but are nice to have. I do know we have far too many "goodies" in the house already.........oh dear. January diet will not be fun!!!

Especially as we have decided to do "Dry January" again. We must be crazy.......basically you sign up and vow to not touch alcohol in any form for the whole month.......I`m quite looking forward to it actually.........

i-QL3Pf8G-S.gif

:rotfl:

We did it before and I`m sure we`ll do it again.....

Christmas will be a quiet one for sure. I know many of us are all in different areas of the world and different restrictions in place......but hope we are planning for a nice Christmas whatever we`re doing.

Of course this last week has brough fabulous news of the vaccine breakthrough.....it can only be good news! I`m not convinced the UK will get everyone vaccinated in time for our May trip, I`m almost in the last section of folks to get done, so May might be tight for travel....but I`m convinced our trip in September is a certainty......but I`m keeping the faith, although this year has certainly taught us not to take things for granted......and we won`t.

Very proud though of the scientists who have worked tirelessly to get this vaccine produced.......I`d take it tomorrow if I could.

I think soon it`ll be a requirement to have the vaccine if you want to fly....I`d be ok with that.

But, on to looking back.........

2017 was the first year we decided to visit Orlando during the Christmas period. It was the year Tom took early retirement and we had all the time in the world to travel when it suited. Kyle was also excited to visit as he hadn`t visited since 2014 due to University and then work, so all in all we were so excited to be back visiting together again.

For some unknown reason......we decided a week would be enough......who came up with that idea!!! Kyle gets over 6 weeks a year vacation time so we really could have gone for longer, but however, a week it was and we`d make sure next year would be longer too.

Our hotel was of course RPR.....

We had very little to plan......car, hotel, overnight and flights....all organised in no time at all. We were flying with Virgin and managed to book three exit row seats which suited us down to the ground.

The best part was leaving with Kyle this time for the journey to the airport......so many times I`d been in tears leaving him behind as we set off on our adventures.....he however, was completely fine about it every time......lol.....house to himself!!!

This year we stayed again at the Radisson before our flight and as always it was excellent. We stayed Executive Level and getting into the lounge was nice, and they did a lovely job decorating the hotel. We had a family suite where Kyle had his own room and bathroom but connecting doors which was nice. And it was a lovely evening in the hotel.

Our flight the next morning was in the Jumbo which we will sincerely miss going forward......and this morning it was freezing cold and we were dressed for Orlando......lol......

Yes, it really was as cold as it looked....Manchester can be the most miserable place at times.......

i-PmjHnfD-X2.jpg

i-XNMF5tx-X2.jpg

It`s always exciting waiting to get on board, especially as it was the Jumbo, a plane we just adore....sadly now all gone from the Virgin fleet.

Once on we had loads of room......and we got champagne a little bit into the flight from one of the lovely CC ladies we got chatting too as she sat in the flight crew seat opposite us.......we were in economy this trip but she asked if we`d like a glass and of course, we were happy to accept. She also brought a load of goodies from first class for Kyle as we had mentioned in our chat he didn`t drink.........she was so lovely. And made for an extra special start to the trip.....

If ever we can`t get Premium Economy booked, these are the seats we prefer.....there is so much room to stretch out and stand up if you feel like it....

i-vtbvcVC-X2.jpg

We enjoyed another fabulous flight, yes, it`s a long flight, but so worth it and time passes surprisingly quickly by the time they feed you several times and you watch some movies and sleep if you can ignore that excited feeling in your tummy with the whole trip ahead of us.

It was odd arriving in Orlando as darkness approached, usually we landed around 3pm and yes, many times had arrived right on time to be delayed by the daily storm......but this felt odd. However once we arrived at the RP we all left the tiredness behind us and we were all so exicted to be here for the Holiday season.....and excited Kyle was back too.

Walking in to our favourite hotel was something I`ll never forget.......I cry easily when I`m happy and seeing the tree just made me smile from ear to ear......although this picture was taken during the day....we just wanted to get checked in and get started on our trip.

i-5q4PXQw-X2.jpg

i-srTzGqf-X2.jpg

i-qHJCvh7-X2.jpg

The tree is beautiful and the display around they work on it daily and it gets bigger and better as the days go on, they do some very detailed work on it every day, and the chefs are happy to talk to you about it as they work.

We got checked in and met back up with some of the wonderful TM we have known for many years and some only a couple of years....many folks who know us well here always say everyone knows Carole and Tom ::yes::........it is such a lovely feeling knowing so many people who are there year after year and every year we always meet new folks too. And the welcome they give everyone is so special......home from home isn`t an exaggeration. Yep, we love it.......

Once settled in, we headed down to where we were having dinner.....Kyle`s choice tonight....actually a lot of places in this trip were Kyle`s choices......well, it had been a while since he had been........

Jake`s Bar is one his favourite places to eat and he had been SO looking forward to being back here too.......

i-fKpz8nJ-X2.jpg

He had a grin a mile wide as we got seated and the whole place just felt so warm and welcoming.......we were just full of natural ebullience just being here again.

i-T2L5mfQ-X2.jpg

i-9k6593k-X2.jpg

And Kyle`s favourite dish here is the pizza.......after Sal`s at Portofino Bay this is the second nicest pizza onsite.......

i-8w2P8mD-X2.jpg

We shared a meat feast pizza and the wings......the food here is always fabulous and we have never been disappointed.

i-R4twC7D-X2.jpg

And the flourless chocolate cake he loves so much........

i-ZsjvBdB-X2.jpg

Our first night at the hotel was perfect.......

First day we (Kyle) decided it was a visit to the Mall at Millenia......of course we love it there, but we knew exactly why we were going.....it had been 4 years since Kyle had enjoyed Linda`s Fudge Cake from the Cheesecake Factory....and this, he had been looking forward to for a long time!!

The Mall is just gorgeous......this is our favourite mall anywhere and we do spend a lot of time here on our visits......

i-PHLJMMd-X2.jpg

i-J2fz6QP-X2.jpg

i-gQcsPSk-X2.jpg

i-MPWqnXt-X2.jpg

We hadn`t wandered around long before someone was itching to get in for his chocolate cake......or two.........

No, he didn`t quite manage to finish both!

i-T7swKPd-X2.jpg

One of our favourite onsite hotel restaurants is The Palm...so that`s where we were heading tonight.......HRH is our least favourite of the hotels, well along with Cabana Bay, but that`s where The Palm is so we go. I`m not sure what it is about the hotel, it just feels a little cold and not resort like....for us anyway. But, if you like good food and excellent service The Palm is well worth a visit....or two.

We got a booth and we were being looked after by Joyce who has worked here since time began it seems......Kyle ordered a non alcoholic drink and Tom and I shared our usual bottle of wine.......

Kyle isn`t usually one for appetisers, so we shared the giant shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque which were both divine........

We gave the atomic horseradish a miss!!! If you ever try it......do it carefully! :scared1:

i-57V535J-X2.jpg

i-FtgH6J7-X2.jpg

Steaks all round of course, Kyle and I usually have the filet and Tom is usually a T Bone or NY Strip......and we shared the au gratin potatoes which makes a very filling meal......

i-TSMBNH4-X2.jpg

i-pFspGzb-X2.jpg

i-hp3SCwP-X2.jpg

This was the first time Kyle had been to The Palm for many years, so I really wanted it to be perfect....and it was.

Of course, with not having an appetiser, Kyle had room for the seven layer chocolate cake.....it is huge!

i-gkJFBJQ-X2.jpg

And he devoured every last sliver........

This had been a beautiful meal and I was so glad we had come here tonight. It is quite a noisy restaurant though so we always ask for a booth as it is a little less rowdy in them. But, such high standards here.

We did take a couple of pictures around the hotel, but as I said it`s not our favourite......

i-vfgnHzM-X2.jpg

i-xxQ6gZj-X2.jpg

The lady who was our housekeeper again this year has known us several years and we were so happy to see she was still there and would be again, looking after us this trip.......when we got back in the room she had arranged for a lovely amenity to be sent to us as a gift from her which we thought was so kind and thoughtful and was certainly appreciated.

i-8wMdZv2-X2.jpg

So, we decided we`d use it tonight and watched The Hitman`s Bodyguard and it was very cosy in the room just the three of us, watching the movie while laughing and chatting and laughing together.

And we were excited to hit the parks the next day too and see all the Holiday displays we only heard about till now.......

More to come.......:santa:

Your excitement for this first Christmas trip is palpable! Great flight, and a nice trip to the Mall, followed by a delicious dinner and some family movie time. A wonderful kickoff to your holiday vacation! Love that we get to relive the moments with you :cutie: Can't wait to see what is up for the first day!

Your excitement for this first Christmas trip is palpable! Great flight, and a nice trip to the Mall, followed by a delicious dinner and some family movie time. A wonderful kickoff to your holiday vacation! Love that we get to relive the moments with you :cutie: Can't wait to see what is up for the first day!

Oh it really was Maria......everything was just as we hoped it would be....

And we were so glad to be there for all the Holiday decorations, finally!! Glad you`re enjoying reading along again......lol......:hug:

Real life update first....although there really is nothing to report......life is more or less still at a standstill.

Welcome to 2020. Ugh. I was just saying that, it's this weird feeling that life is at a standstill but at the same time I can't believe it's December and we are still in this covid life.

Very proud though of the scientists who have worked tirelessly to get this vaccine produced.......I`d take it tomorrow if I could.

You and me both! You are lucky to be in the UK where at least you've got the approval already...hoping you will get it in time for your trip! Agreed it will probably be a requirement for travel once it's more available to get. Wondering how they will enforce that...I guess you will get some kind of card to show you have had the shot?

it had been 4 years since Kyle had enjoyed Linda`s Fudge Cake from the Cheesecake Factory....and this, he had been looking forward to for a long time!!

YUM!! We are so lucky that we have a Cheesecake Factory in Canada now - it has been here for just a couple of years now. It was always super crowded to go in person, but now we can get it on UberEats!! I just tried their peppermint bark one for the holidays and it was divine. It's hard to resist ordering too often!

Welcome to 2020. Ugh. I was just saying that, it's this weird feeling that life is at a standstill but at the same time I can't believe it's December and we are still in this covid life.

You and me both! You are lucky to be in the UK where at least you've got the approval already...hoping you will get it in time for your trip! Agreed it will probably be a requirement for travel once it's more available to get. Wondering how they will enforce that...I guess you will get some kind of card to show you have had the shot?

YUM!! We are so lucky that we have a Cheesecake Factory in Canada now - it has been here for just a couple of years now. It was always super crowded to go in person, but now we can get it on UberEats!! I just tried their peppermint bark one for the holidays and it was divine. It's hard to resist ordering too often!

Hey Kathy........nice to see you!

Cheesecake delivered!!! Oh my......maybe a good thing we don`t have it here......I can imagine it getting busy for sure.......

Our UK passports are chipped, and it can store all sorts of info in it. All our ESTA information is there, and we can`t leave the UK without one, so I`d put it on passports.....no vaccine no fly. Some of the airlines I`m sure are already looking at this. Yes, it`s come around quickly, I know a nurse who is due to get her vaccine either next week or the following week. Can`t happen quick enough......but, yes, once it`s rolled out I`m sure you`ll have to show something as proof you`ve had it.

Yes, who`d have thought the end of the year we`d still be living like this. It is surreal at times. And we`ve said these last few months especially have just flown past.

Next year has to be better surely......hope all is good with you Kathy......:wave2:

Looking back this first Christmas trip we didn`t take a huge amount of actual Christmas pictures.......but lots of "us". I think the next years we did take more of regular scene pictures.....

But, our first morning in the park was wonderful.....to have Kyle back with us was amazing and he made sure he took in every second of it too. He had missed coming with us every year of course......and this trip really was all about him as we had already booked 5 trips for the following year where we could do what we wanted to do.......so whatever Kyle wanted this trip, we did. And to be honest he is so easy going......he is easy to please in many ways, food or park time, he`s happy.

We loved seeing the decorations though for the first time........everything really was beautiful, and not too over the top like some places can be.

i-753ccnd-X2.jpg

There was ponsietta plants everywhere around the parks....and again, I think we got more pictures in other years......but very pretty.

i-gqMbKqh-X2.jpg

Not a Christmas picture as such, but we love this one, and I think Kyle was already thinking our picture taking was going to make for a long trip......lol.....

i-3xqnf6f-X2.jpg

i-cqX2rhS-X2.jpg

We didn`t get The Grinch this year for a picture, but this guy was a good second choice........

i-2sn23HC-X2.jpg

All around Seuss during the festive season, The Who`s are wandering around and are more than happy to pose for pictures, and will even start the interactions themselves, all pre Covid of course.

i-jmQWMrj-X2.jpg

i-gc27QMn-X2.jpg

The Christmas Store is beautiful all year round.....and the smell!!! Love it......

i-nW33KnM-X2.jpg

i-bxx8fLB-X2.jpg

Sapphire Falls is also done up beautifully for the holidays.......the trains and the gingerbread display are very popular and they have the best tree around in the lobby....it is huge!

i-B4c4Nng-X2.jpg

i-RH2gJjV-X2.jpg

i-FHFsDNQ-X2.jpg

And of course no visit is complete without seeing the huge tree in the Studios......

i-Qt7hWpF-X2.jpg

And another under the not really a Christmas picture.....but we love this guy! We`ve had a picture, at least one with him every year since 2007......and weirdly, he never looks any older......

i-NmqZt6K-X2.jpg

i-jfm97Nf-X2.jpg

i-JpWWTkz-X2.jpg

i-rFWFNgN-X2.jpg

i-xMtfhPp-X2.jpg

i-ZcHzskG-X2.jpg

i-tgkL3Gm-X2.jpg

Only a couple from the night time show this year.......I think again, we got better next years......

i-Xvp5vrv-X2.jpg

i-pXSZhsf-X2.jpg

i-WNfWqcK-X2.jpg

Kyle spotted this for the first time this visit, and we had never seen it before on any of our visits........

The doors slowly opened to reveal a huge owl........and honestly, it was so unexpected as we had looked at that tower so many times and this was just a nice surprise......

i-6JXrRNS-X2.jpg

i-tqGKCc7-X2.jpg

i-pVqRzJX-X2.jpg

i-CCFmzKS-X2.jpg

More coming up

Jumping to 2018 as I think I`m going to run out of time if I keep this rate up!!!

2017 had been such a success we knew as soon as we could, we`d get our flights sorted for the following year and we knew a week wasn`t anywhere near enough time for us. The flight time of course does impact, but even taking that out of the equation, such a short trip is too short for us......we had such a wonderful time and just wanted to extend it a little, so in 2018 we went for 10 nights.....which being honest, still wasn`t long enough.

Again, we started our trip off by staying at the Radisson....same family room with Executive Lounge access......this really was a nice way to start the trip off.....and again, our excitement was flying for this trip. It had only been 7 weeks since we had returned from our September/October trip, but we couldn`t wait to get back with Kyle again......and he was more excited than either of us.

i-2RFp7Cx-X2.jpg

i-svFL567-X2.jpg

We enjoyed another lovely evening in the hotel, we had snacks in the lounge, but went down to dinner in the restaurant. And again, it was tough to get to sleep, but once we did we all slept well. Kyle however, said he slept like a log!

Next morning, we enjoy that 5 minute walk down the skywalk to T2 where our plane awaited us again, and happy it was still the 747 as sometimes they do change planes for operational reasons, but not today.

Again, it was so cold outside, last year coming home we couldn`t get off the plane till they de-iced the doors and baggage doors too....yes, it was that cold.

i-7XhfCcL-X2.jpg

Last on again as we had the same exit row seats as before.......and again, we were very lucky to be given some champagne by a lovely member of CC....we got chatting and I mentioned the lovely lady last year, the guy told us she used to be his lodger......small world! So, I think that was one of the reasons we got the champagne. Never expected, but always nice. Although the folks behind us were a little annoyed and I think wondered what we had done to deserve it!! lol.....even Kyle commented he couldn`t believe we had been afforded the same treat two years running.

There really are some lovely people around.

i-T2HvrQX-X2.jpg

These are excellent seats........you have the space in front of you and sometimes there were people who would try to stand in that space, but CC were quick to move them pointing out we had paid for extra leg room.......a few weren`t happy, but we didn`t mind to be honest.

i-JdFqgCW-X2.jpg

The flight passed so quickly, and soon we had navigated the airport, immigration, luggage, rental car and were heading to our home from home......RPR.

It was wonderful checking in again, and in our favourite King Suite........and, someone was very happy.

i-2GJfMZs-X2.jpg

Kyle got the rollaway again, as the pullout sofa is dreadful......and he said the rollaway was very comfy......he wasn`t sure at first, but said an adult fits just fine in it, and it was ideal to rollover to the space by the door during the day.

And again, first stop for dinner after we freshen up and unpack is Jake`s Bar.......where Kyle always enjoys the strawberry smoothie.....

i-SMqgncW-X2.jpg

Tom and I get crawfish chowder each and share some wings, Kyle of course gets the cheese pizza.......and we have our same waiter from last few years, Pong, who remembers us getting the large cocktail last year and the first one he gave us melted the straws when he lit the liquid in the middle.......it was funny at the time, but he was so embarrassed.....bless him he`s lovely. I`m hoping he`s still there when we do finally go back, along with so many others of course.

i-TVKd2fM-X2.jpg

i-m5zcth9-X2.jpg

i-W9qvrpn-X2.jpg

And yes, Kyle has dessert.........

i-pBSm6st-X2.jpg

We sit for a fairly long time, chatting between ourselves and chatting to various staff members who pop over to say hello. It is a lovely bar and very friendly.

Finally tiredness hits us, and we head back upstairs and see our friend had left us some goodies.....always so thoughtful and it is all lovely. The hotels do look after everyone so well.

i-Xdh9gzh-X2.jpg

We nibble a few bits and the rest goes in the fridge for tomorrow.......the coconut pineapple is especially delicious!

i-rxzpDRD-X2.jpg

The next pictures are somewhat jumbled and from some different days, but I think if I did a proper trip report I`d still be posting about Christmas in June!

Next morning we have breakfast in the Club Lounge, and I just realised I have no pictures of their decorations for some reason........but after we ate, we were heading again to the Mall but not before stopping at one of the prettiest trees around.

Being back here again, is incredibly special, and with Kyle too is wonderful, and again, so many folks are asking us every day........"back again" lol......wait till next year!!!

i-JRB8tM9-X2.jpg

And yep, you can guess what someone ordered for lunch!

Tom had the dulce de leche cheesecake, my favourite, but just can`t eat it any longer, it`s far to sweet, but I do like a little taster. I went for the club sandwich with sweet potato fries and I`m sure Tom ate two of the sandwiches as the meals here are huge.

i-LJkqb2v-X2.jpg

I should have probably posted a seperate one for food!!

i-KXrDL2J-X2.jpg

And another couple of Sapphire Falls tree at night......it is stunning.

i-x52HMTP-S.gif

Yes, I do have a slight obsession with Christmas trees, and happy to admit it.......the more the merrier I always say, and they just do it right over here.

i-scrhbvJ-X2.jpg

i-ht2jnfx-X2.jpg

Our next day were spent in the parks wandering between the two some days as it is so convenient.........both parks are decorated beautifully and it`s hard to choose which one we prefer.......don`t think I could to be honest!

i-SLXsM22-X2.jpg

i-C8z8hhG-X2.jpg

We never got around to seeing Manheim Steamroller any of the visits we had, well they were on but we were either leaving or had already left. I`ve heard they`re very good. The stage is pretty.

i-W4LGCTs-X2.jpg

i-mbVShS2-X2.jpg

i-jSRqQLC-X2.jpg

The Christmas store in Studios is much smaller than the one in IOA. It has a much smaller stock level, but they can get you any item from the other store if needed. They still do personalised items, but it`s not as Christmassy a feel for some reason.....

i-pccmR9J-X2.jpg

i-3DKMTh3-X2.jpg

i-drvPScX-X2.jpg

i-2mBPfHw-X2.jpg

Celstina Warbeck is fabulous! The Christmas show is excellent and was a lot busier than we expected too. But, it is very festive and worth seeing......

i-dMt9VSZ-X2.jpg

And it magically snows too much to the delight of the crowds around this area....

i-hjgnwM6-X2.jpg

On one day, we headed back to IOA after lunch, and I actually had a headache and was going to head back to the hotel for a nap while they went back round all the rides again.....they both looked a little disappointed I wasn`t feeling 100% and not spending the afternoon with them, so I said I`d do Spider-Man before leaving......and I was so glad I did.....as this happened....

i-pw3MPfW-X2.jpg

His leg muscles must be like girders!! He was already sitting in that position when we turned the corner.....and what a surprise......and we chatted to him for about 5 minutes, and he never moved!! He was brilliant......completely in character the whole time and so funny.

We`ve done that ride hundreds of times, and that was a first for us. I really was glad I had waited.

I`m not a big fan of Aventura either........it`s too cold a feel and feels like a hospital or a fancier Apple store......not for us at all, but Kyle wanted to see all the hotels, so we did pop over and this was the most exciting picture I could find. Yep, not a fan at all of this hotel either.

i-5kDkdNr-X2.jpg

One hotel we do like to go for the best pizza onsite is PB. It is a beautiful hotel, no doubt about it, and it has a nice feel too. Very welcoming hotel with good staff too.

i-TNxNvm8-X2.jpg

i-qHzBz5h-X2.jpg

i-R2ZMhgN-X2.jpg

Parade pictures coming up........

And on to 2018! Off to a brilliant start as usual. These Christmas trees are absolutely gorgeous! I think I would just take forever staring and them in awe ☺️

And on to 2018! Off to a brilliant start as usual. These Christmas trees are absolutely gorgeous! I think I would just take forever staring and them in awe ☺

Thanks Maria........oh I`m exactly the same......I love Christmas trees, and do get all glossy eyed sometimes when I see very pretty displays around......especially if the carols are being played.......yes, far too sentimental for my own good at times.....lol......

We had been so looking forward to the parade this year again. It had been so much fun last time and this time we decided to stand in a different place from the year before. And we thought we`d go in a little early too........

It felt quite cool tonight, and we`d regret not bringing a jacket with us.

i-xJpj66x-X2.jpg

We had a good wander round and then sat on a bench to wait out till the parade started......but, it got cold. There was a breeze and it was very cool at times. We were sadly missing our hoodies. I don`t do very well in cold weather........

i-nnSQVph-S.gif

Even Kyle was cold, and he never feels the cold.

Being honest, I get cold in Florida if it gets below 75F :rotfl: ........and I`m almost glad I`m not there right now as one of our friends from the hotel sent me a screen shot from his phone yesterday of the temps early this week, and it`s to be low 60`s for several days......too cold for me.

Sitting on the bench, almost huddling together, Tom tried to do a rather arty shot with a giant bauble.......it kinda worked.

i-5jt4Fjw-X2.jpg

The crowds this year for the event, or at least the night we chose were very light, and it didn`t feel at all crowded. We did have one girl try to sprawl bags over the ground to keep places for family, but a TM told her to move them.....she wasn`t happy but did it all the same. A young family came to satnd beside us and we moved a little so the pushchair could see right from the front, little one was only about two.......they were very nice about it and not at all pushy.

i-kntTgbC-X2.jpg

i-zH3jx3Q-X2.jpg

It starts maybe a little too early, as it`s not completely dark yet, but it does still look impressive and the feeling with everyone around was just so lovely.....

i-kg7VrMd-X2.jpg

i-dpZX7jw-X2.jpg

i-5ZjzTPv-X2.jpg

Everyone got very excited when the tickertape started to fall around us, and the little girl in the pushchair was almost jumping up and down inside it......her little face was just filled with joy through the whole parade.

i-H9bH98V-X2.jpg

i-8CCTSZX-X2.jpg

i-gHPdDns-X2.jpg

I had no clue who the penguin was.....and when I was showing these pictures to Elise, who is one of my closest friends little granddaughter, she spends, or rather did spend a lot of time with us now and again before the virus hit. Anyway she went into great detail of who the penguins were, what they did, where they live, what they ate.......yes.......it went on........

After what seemed like an interminable amount of time explaining every part of the movie to us, she asked if we got it......oh yes, we got it!!! Bless her, she is adorable and we do miss seeing her often. She loves Minions and we always make sure we take her things back from Universal...if it has a Minion or Scooby Doo on it, she`ll love it.

i-F7FLgQf-X2.jpg

There is something a little disconcerting about this guy looming above us......::yes::

i-R4zqmCN-X2.jpg

i-WPRtmCb-X2.jpg

i-CP7WhJK-X2.jpg

i-d36VVbh-X2.jpg

The parade floats were beautiful, every one of them seemed to be better than the last. Colourful, and the characters were full of energy and enthusiasm for the whole event.......and when the real santa look characters appeared.......I think that was my favourite part, apart from the main man himself........

i-3dVWK8h-X2.jpg

The dancers were top class! And they managed some excellent interaction with the folks watching them........

And the main man appeared right at the end and it was quite lovely when Father Christmas himself lit the tree for the evening........it does get a big cheer.

i-7mP7TD4-X2.jpg

i-dVHLkKk-X2.jpg

We hung around and once the crowds disspiated we managed to get some pictures of the streets around where they do have some lovely decorations up around the whole park.

i-7krhgW9-X2.jpg

i-Rb7PW3B-X2.jpg

We headed out of the park now to head to Longhorn for dinner. It didn`t feel as cool as it had been when we were standing earlier, but we did go back to the room to pick up jackets before heading out to LBV.

Kyle did come down with a really bad cold the day after we went to NASA and he did spend the last two days in the room bless him......then we all caught it from him and it hit us at the airport going home.......

Few more pictures from this year then on to 2019.

The weather the day before we went to KSC was perishing.

We had been told in the Club Lounge that the wind was so cold and it was around 48F.....what???? We stepped outside, and I turned and came staright back in....no way was I going out in that cold. I sensibly went back and sat in the lounge while they headed to the park....and they did regret it. They had however at least gone up and put long trousers on.

We should have known when we saw the life guards in full warm outfits! It looked so beautiful though outside.

i-VnSt3wv-X2.jpg

i-LCDqwsj-X2.jpg

But, when they came back Kyle was white as a ghost and had a headache.....never a good sign.

He slept most of the evening away and did make it to KSC the next day, he wasn`t 100% but managed to just make it through the day and we had one of the best days ever there.

i-f2w3zvS-X2.jpg

Kyle woke up the next morning and just looked dreadful.....runny and blocked nose.....yep, how can you have both......he was grey and looked as if he hadn`t slept a wink. So, we had no plans to go anywhere today.

We spent the morning making him ginger tea one of the supervisors of the Club Lounge had got for him, they were so kind and offered if he needed anything just to let them know. He needed sleep so we said we`d go out and get some stuff from Publix and have lunch out. The Club Lounge arranged for chicken noodle soup and water to be sent to the room at midday....thankfully he did feel hungry. We did however feel dreadful leaving him, but he said he had the tv, comfy sofa and the best view ever out the window.....

By the time we came back, he`d enjoyd his soup and the supervisor had also brought him a flourless chocolate cake as they all knew his love of it.....so he felt slightly better, but there would be no more park time for him this trip which was a shame, but resting and not moving around was the best thing for him. And if we were out the lovely staff came down to check on him which was lovely.

We were sad as we had dinner plans that night with Keisha and her mister, and Kyle just couldn`t make it...he had no energy and he also didn`t want to share whatever bug he had either!! So we walked over to Sapphire Falls to meet them there as we were eating in Amatista.

First of all we made sure Kyle had some food before we left, he wanted the flatbread from Jakes and we asked if they`d do just a plain cheese one with a bbq sauce base.....of course, no problem. And another flourless chocolate cake.....he did look slightly better but we still felt a little guilty leaving him, but he says he has his tv viewing planned, he has plenty of food and drinks and the Club Lounge staff said if he needed anything give them a call and they`d bring it down to him. I think they only dropped by once with a ginger tea as ordered by the Club manager.....lol.....

But, we didn`t want to cancel meeting up with Janet.....it had been a while since we had managed a meet again.....so we were very excited and Kyle was disappointed not to meet folks we had been friends with for such a long time......but, we set off and spent some time in the lobby before we met them.

i-GTgLnJQ-X2.jpg

i-q4KpLMZ-X2.jpg

i-KLFHFsN-X2.jpg

i-Q9rk3FG-X2.jpg

i-sSjk3Q3-X2.jpg

i-FcJBqgv-X2.jpg

We had the nicest of evenings. I honestly have never had an evening that went past so quickly....we chatted and then chatted some more.... our poor waiter kept coming back to ask if we were ready to order, and we had barely glanced at the menu as we were just chatting......

The food was good and it was such a lovely evening. We did go into Strong Water, but it was so noisy as the guitar guy was on and he can be loud. But, all in all we had so much fun and we even remembered to have our meet captured tonight.....and we were so surprised to see it was midnight when we left them!

i-CZWxH7Z-X2.jpg

Kyle never heard us come in that night, or rather the early hours.....we carefully tiptoed in the sitting room area and bathroom and got into the bedroom as quick as we could, and he was out for the count.

Next day he did feel a little better.....so we got him some breakfast and then we headed off to the park for the last time this trip.

We did still have a lovely morning wandering round and getting some of the Christmas atmosphere that we soaked up in abundance......and it was reasonably warm today especially compared to the previous cold days.

i-VM5SWnV-X2.jpg

i-XrjjJCJ-X2.jpg

i-3WqHn8t-X2.jpg

i-w8tJK4w-X3.jpg

i-f6kcj9T-X3.jpg

i-P7CQhzT-X3.jpg

This lady was certainly getting into the Christmas spirit with her jacket!

i-wC5n2qp-X2.jpg

Back to the hotel, we loved how there were ponsietta`s everywhere.......

i-mXG825q-X2.jpg

We had told the Club Lounge we`d get Kyle`s lunch today, so we got back and got him soup and his cake.......he was a happy bunny with this.

Before we set off for lunch, we had a delivery.......our friend had arranged this for us and it was gorgeous, and a lovely card too as we were leaving the next day. The sand was brown sugar which I hadn`t realised at first.......we loved this.

i-QdNjCP5-X2.jpg

That night I said to Tom I didn`t feel 100%. But, he was also the same and didn`t want to say. It was going to be a long flight home.

Our last day Kyle had perked up which we were happy about as we were having lunch with our friend in Jakes which we did enjoy and we were happy about that as it was a lovely meal with him. And a nice way to finish off the trip as he is so special to us.

Our usual round of goodbyes is always sad, and today was no different, but we knew it wouldn`t be long till we were back. Once we got to the airport and got checked in we got a final picture or two before heading through to airside where as if someone had waved an evil wand over us, we all just flopped.....all 3 of us felt as though we were being beaten by a baseball bat. How we made it on to the plane I`ll never know.....I do know if it had been today we`d have been heaved off......we had all come down with the worst cold we`d ever had. I think at one point CC were worried we`d make the whole journey....we looked like the Walking Dead......lol....

We later heard so many people in the Orlando area all had suffered with a very nasty bug.....guess we were just unlucky.

i-f8Ds67B-X2.jpg

Thats`s a short recap of 2018........on to 2019 in a day or so........hope you liked some of the festive pictures.........:wave2:

2018 was beautiful! So sorry for the illness, but other than that you seemed to have a very lovely trip 🥰

It really was an amazing trip Maria, illness aside...

We said we were due something as we had never had a trip disturbed due to illness before....it was bound to happen sometime. But, never affected just how much fun we had together that trip.....

Christmas at Universal is very special indeed, and can`t wait to get back. I know you and I both missed trips this year for the Holidays, along with many others.....but, next year......we keep repeating that often.....next year......lol.......

Oh it really does, completely agree!!

Have you any plans coming up Tracy? So many have had lots of plans changed this year.....it`s never pleasant reading of people`s treasured trips being postponed.
Sadly, I do not :( I cannot remember the last time I haven't had a trip on the horizon, and it's been nearly a year of that! But 2021 has to be better ::yes::

It`s almost unimaginable from when this all started that a year later it would still be affecting us.
I know. It continues to shock me... nearly a year later!

We are the most prepared for Christmas we have ever been......seriously.......never in as many years have we all finished our gift buying before December started.
Same! :rotfl:

I`m not convinced the UK will get everyone vaccinated in time for our May trip, I`m almost in the last section of folks to get done, so May might be tight for travel....but I`m convinced our trip in September is a certainty......but I`m keeping the faith, although this year has certainly taught us not to take things for granted......and we won`t.
I'll be hoping you get through the vaccination in time for your May trip!

YES!

Of course, with not having an appetiser, Kyle had room for the seven layer chocolate cake.....it is huge!
Yum! I think Kyle and I have the same capacity for chocolate!

The lady who was our housekeeper again this year has known us several years and we were so happy to see she was still there and would be again, looking after us this trip.......when we got back in the room she had arranged for a lovely amenity to be sent to us as a gift from her which we thought was so kind and thoughtful and was certainly appreciated.
How sweet! It seems like you really had some caring folks on these trips. The way they looked after Kyle when he was sick is amazing :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!