May or September 2019?

cmorrison87

Earning My Ears
Looking to plan a trip 5/4/19-5/10/19 or 9/28/19-10/4/19 with a 3 yr old and 18mo old. Which is better in terms or crowds and weather?

For us, May is our new September. Our last Sept. trip was derailed by Hurricane Irma in 2017 and we won’t ever go during peak hurricane season again.

We went the second week of May this year (to “finish” the hurricane trip) and LOVED it. Will choose May over Sept. from now on.

Last edited:
Early May is a great time to visit Florida. The snowbirds have returned back up north, kids are still in school and most college kids are still taking exams. All of this means less people in the parks and typically less cost on airfare, hotel rooms and car rentals. The added bonus is it usually not super humid yet.

On the contrary, September is hot, humid, and it pretty much rains every afternoon or early evening. Add in it's also peak hurricane season. It's less expensive to travel and stay in Florida then but the weather stinks. As a Florida resident I'll admit if I didn't have a kid in High School I would bail and get out of Florida in August and September if I could.

I haven't been in either month, but I'd pick May over Sept. Flower and Garden should be on at Epcot, which I love. And I'd be concerned about hurricanes in September.

May all the way! We went last May and are planning a trip for next May. The weather is generally nicer, the risks of hurricanes much lower, and the crowds aren't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter