"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

Thank you for the review of Louie’s pizza. I thought my pizza there in January was not that good either. Ashame, as I thought it was good in the Fall when I had visited.

I guess Red Oven will be the pizza 🍕 place.

Nice Potter pictures, and park ones too.

We will get to Ocean Prime one of these days.

Yay, for another entry, BTW.

Once we had left the spice shop, we dropped our stuff off in the car as it was quite heavy......we glanced at the dashboard for a second......…

109F outside......and it felt like it too!!!

We then headed down to the lake area, a two minute walk away......we love this place, and despite the water being filled with in my mind, giant man eating alligators which scare the bejeesus out of me, I still love being here........I just try not to think too much about what may we circling below us......although the guy who runs the boat tours assured us they were not interested in us...….well, wouldn't be dangling a toe to find out...….we did actually see a few over in the reeds......but they were far enough away.....I hoped.

I`ve lived beside water my whole life.....with small gaps here and there when we were elsewhere......so although I don't like water very much as in swimming, as I can`t, I do love being close and surrounded by water......and this place is beautiful...….and today as we walk out on the floating dock, we feel a very welcome breeze heading our way........we may sit our here for a while.....

i-TGGj7zQ-X2.jpg

The Rusty Anchor is the boat of the guy who has been here for years.....every time we visit he tries to talk us into going out in the boat....he say we`ll be perfectly safe...…..well, I`ve seen Lake Placid and Jaws...….I`m not convinced.…….he laughs every time. Maybe one day....or maybe not!!

i-kvLcjQd-X2.jpg

We loved this view...…….

i-Nvk5XxP-X2.jpg

Guess tom had been paying with some of the settings...….I quite liked black and white pictures.......we have one at home with another family member where we are all wearing Victorian style clothing for a photo session......it is a beautiful picture and the black and white looks lovely.

i-JSC5c3w-X2.jpg

It was so beautiful sitting here...….there was no one else around for miles it seemed.....and we did sit for quite a while......of course being under shade made that possible.....

We did love it here though…...it`s peaceful (usually) and so tranquil....we enjoyed watching the little boats wander in and out...….a boat is something I`ve never considered as a fun option. My cousins in LI have one and they love it, but they are very water oriented...….

i-K77fbwR-X2.jpg

i-cdf5Wv3-X2.jpg

i-WfTKxDR-X2.jpg

We head back up and were happy we didn't run into snakes this time......never want to run into anything like that...…..I guess I really wouldn't do well living in Florida......or the South anywhere...….

The little park area is nice and shady, and the bathrooms available are clean and tidy, and this is always a joy to see when you have to go!

i-K87L8JB-X2.jpg

i-97mSVjG-X2.jpg

We pop into the Olive Oil store...….and this is a store we do buy a few things to take home...….the guy working today was the same as the first visit we had...….and he remembered us as soon as we walked in...….now that's a memory and a half! Must be 18 months since we first met him...and to remember names was extra impressive...…..

i-3L3MsdX-X2.jpg

i-98xKJzP-X2.jpg

i-VdsHMTP-X2.jpg

i-jQS28rT-X2.jpg

They sell a myriad of oils, balsamics light and dark, honey of many varieties and smoked maple syrup...….and that was what we were here to buy today...….

We had plenty of oils back home....we had bought the large bottles last time, so this time we picked up very hot and spicy honey and the delicious smoked maple syrup. Last time we only bought a small bottle of it......big mistake......it was delicious......so two large bottles of the syrup and one of the honey......I don't actually like honey, but love it in cooking...…..

With our purchases made and we had exchanged pleasantries we left and headed back out into the heat that felt hotter than the sun!!! Thankfully the car and aircon were only a few steps away......and boy was the aircon welcome...…..and it was still showing high 90`s today.

The journey back was as usual uneventful and we hit the Publix near Bubbalous for some wine and snacks for game of thrones tomorrow night, and things like grapes and water...….

The bridge over Kirkman is slowly coming along.....very slow...….but you can now see it finally taking shape....this will be a godsend for folks who usually cross the road here, as although there are lights and a crossing, some drivers don't seem to understand when pedestrians have right of way...….we`ve seen some scary moments here, too often.

i-Zjsw7Nm-X2.jpg

i-zTpgVvQ-X2.jpg

We dropped the car off and carried our purchases inside where it was lovely and cool....we walked through the lobby and a couple of the front desk staff waved as we walked past.....we always said we don't know a lot of them on the front desk over here, but that was changing...….they all seemed to know us now…...which is nice.

We dropped all our items in the room and I looked to see if Kyle was online...….he had left a message on the messages icon of the ipad saying he wasn't feeling great and was having an early night......just a headache he said. I hated hearing that of course...….he said we could talk tomorrow......sounded like a plan. I replied okaydok and said I hoped he felt better the next day......he gets up so early and even on weekends doesn't sleep late.....would do him the world of good.....but we are early morning people too, so we can`t say too much there...…

We then went for a quick shower.....we just felt sticky and wanted to freshen up...….didn't take long at all and then we headed over to RPR...….we hadn't planned to go back over tonight, but we had changed our dinner plans tonight........

We did think we would go to Red Lobster...….yes, I get that "some" folks look down their noses at it and are keen to tell us so…...and I get it....we don't usually use chain restaurants in the UK....but they are generally not very good......over here we love some of the chains….and honestly, food is cheap and cheerful and we always enjoy it...….but, each to their own.....but, we had such a big lunch....those burgers were deceivingly large...….so we weren't ready for a large meal...….

We decided we would sit in the lounge for a while, then go down to the lobby to see Samuel who was now working behind the front desk.....we did miss him up in the lounge a lot!!!! But, he was moving up within the company and would do great......such a professional guy and so, so nice.....so that was our immediate plan...…..

The lounge was quiet when we first went in, but soon filled up just after we got there...….we do like the lounge and it`s very relaxing to sit and chill out here.....

It is a fabulous lounge, and staff are so helpful.....we love visiting and seeing them and catching up with their lives......they`re like our kids.....and that's what they called themselves....Our American kids......loved it!!!!

i-sQx86G2-X2.jpg

Tonight was Mediterranean night......and they now serve Paella.....this replaced the very lovely lemon chicken.....I did miss that...…..although we don't usually eat meals here for dinner, I did like a little taste of it....it was really nice......but things change and by all accounts the Paella was nice and very popular...….I did try a little and yes, it was nice, but didn't take too much.

i-kSt496R-X2.jpg

i-qZgDF6z-X2.jpg

yep, definitely at home here...…..

i-zgSdT2g-X2.jpg

We sat for a couple of hours and enjoyed some chatter with the staff and some of the guests who were chatty too.....it`s always lovely to get to know some people up here.....not sure if I mentioned the story of the family from our March trip.…..I`ll go back and check to see if I did...they were a hoot!!!! Not.

But, tonight was fun and eventually we left and went down to see the front desk...….

We knew the behind the scenes work was almost complete an knew the front lobby work would be starting soon......and couldn't wait to see it all complete. Several folks had shown us the renderings and it looked lovely......but right now there wasn't much to see...….

The front desk had a few girls we knew and we were delighted to see one girl who used to work in the Club lounge.....we had a hug and asked if Samuel was free....she went back to check, came back out and said he couldn't leave right now.....we asked her if she would mind telling him we were going down to Jake`s and would come back up when we were done.....we so looked forward to seeing him...…..she said we would and we wandered down.

Jake`s is one of our favourite places...although there isn't an eatery in RP or Sapphire we don't like......but Jake`s was our first night tradition for many years and still will be in December when Kyle is with us......food is always fabulous and service top notch.....and they were busy tonight......she said it would be about ten minutes for a table......that was ok......again, we were in no rush......we could have sat at the bar I guess, but we felt like a table tonight......

And it wasn't long...…...we got our table and ordered a strawberry lemonade each.....we knew we were going to have a rum cocktail later as we were going to Strong Water after this......we did think of heading into Citywalk too, but decided it was too hot and we didn't feel like going far tonight......we still had many nights to go do that......

i-hnzvSG5-X2.jpg

We both only ordered crawfish chowder which is our favourite thing on their menu......simple and delicious..

Our waiter was one we didn't know, but our favourite waiter in there, Pong spotted us and came over to say hello......he said he thought it was us as we came in but he was so busy......he is a lovely guy too and had been here a while...….we usually asked for his tables if we could, but could see tonight we were just glad to get a table.....

i-3wXnt3p-X2.jpg

The chowder was delicious as always.....filled with crawfish and so tasty.....it can be a little different every time as it is freshly made onsite and depends which chef makes it as to how it tastes.....basically the same, but sometimes it`s a little more peppery or a little creamier....but always delicious...….and we clear our bowls...…..this was perfect......just what we needed.....

Just as we had finished, the lovely Samuel appeared in Jake`s......I almost squealed and pushed my chair right back...….oops....bashed the man behind`s chair too.....I did apologise and he was fine with it.....gave Samuel the biggest hug...…..so good to see him!!!!

We did manage a good catch up and always love to hear how he is doing and his plans for trips and so on......genuinely nice guy and we remember to give him the Scottish Butter Tablet we had brought just for him.....he had enjoyed it so we didn't put it in with the other chocolates for the Lounge.……..hoped he would enjoy it......

We managed to chat for ten or fifteen minutes before he had to get back....but we said we`d come back over and would see if he was around for a chat.....if not, we`d try again, but we wouldn't leave without saying goodbye......

Had another hug and he set off the back way and we wandered back over to Sapphire...…..

Dinner of crawfish chowder wouldn't keep us filled all night so we planned to order a couple of dishes from Strong Water later....

This really is a fabulous place.....I know I sound like a broken record, but it really is.....and I can see why folks say it`s like an episode of Cheers when we`re in.....we`ve heard that before!!!!

As we enter I see a blonde lady sitting at the bar and she smiles, I knew it was Team Jacob....aka Nancy.....it was so lovely to meet another Diser…...and she was so nice...….she was with her son and his partner, we didn't get to meet them, but we were glad they were having a lovely trip at Sapphire Falls.....we chatted for a while and again it was lovely to meet her as we had chatted a few times online......we said our goodnights and hoped we would run into her again sometime on their trip.....

We went and got a table near the door to the firepit........Tom orders the Fountain of Youth, made primarily from rum made close by in St Augustine......and I had the rum revival......both gorgeous....

i-FKvkgzj-X2.jpg

I had seen Lenny make them up and he had waved over to say hi.....they are always so busy, but he managed to pop over and say hi......such a nice guy.

i-Bk2nN76-X2.jpg

I`m forgetting so many things tonight!!! Through our various conversations with both, Mike and Fernando had looked up some slightly different things for us to consider doing while we visited, we were to touched Mike had taken the time to print things out for us.....and one of them was a restaurant we had never heard of before....he thought we would love it...….I wanted to have a look at the menu and he said he`d book it for us if we wanted to go and it was a bit special..... he knew the manager and used to work with him. How kind! We did have some bedtime reading the next few nights...….there were so many things we didn't know or hadn't heard of.....filed for future reference....

We were on our second and final cocktail of the evening when we opted to have the camerones……..but again, it would be one dish each.....no sharing of this as it is so good....….and that would be us done for the night...…the shrimp are large, and I eat a little of the bread, but not much...so I wasn't too filling a dish...….

i-pC5GQzr-X2.jpg

We had forgotten to ask for no extra cilantro......but we picked most of it out and it was fine......the shrimp are wonderful and so fresh.....and the sauce is too, even though it has cilantro in...…..but, it`s a lovely way to end the evening.

Mike comes over as we are leaving and says he`ll take us over to where Fernando is sitting with his family...…..he had told us they were here for an event this week and he wanted us to meet his family, so we looked forward to this. We hadn't noticed him come in, but he was way over the far side and it was busy now...….

His family were lovely and it was a real pleasure to meet them. We would also see them tomorrow at the brunch...…..

We said our goodnight`s and headed up to our room......turndown had as always pulled the drapes, and usually I pull them back to see the lights all around us, but tonight it did look so cosy with just the one little lamp on so I left them…….I did put the water in the fridge and we both had a bottle of the chilled stuff we had put in earlier.

This was lovely...….cosy and comfortable and we watched some tv on the very comfy sofa......and this was just perfect to end a lovely day again...….

But, as I felt my eyes beginning to droop it was time for bed.

Got my days mixed up...…..tomorrow is our Cabana Day and Mother`s Day Brunch...…….

Last edited:
Nom to aloha burgers!

:rotfl:To the sunglass tan picture, so true for most

That shop may be onto something with the bored husband wall of fame/shame!

Have been accused of having a pair of cheater glasses stuffed away in every room, tide pens aren't too far behind

lol.....that burger was divine!!! One of the nicest I have ever eaten.....I do want to go back for another......

I guess those that don't tan understand......although I have seen whiter folk....eerily white!!!!

Yep, it was funny....I saw a sign similar in St Augustine....it had husband day care.....lol.....

Related image

Got tide pen on my list to buy next week in NY and will take it with us in September......thanks for the tip!!

Thank you for the review of Louie’s pizza. I thought my pizza there in January was not that good either. Ashame, as I thought it was good in the Fall when I had visited.

I guess Red Oven will be the pizza 🍕 place.

Nice Potter pictures, and park ones too.

We will get to Ocean Prime one of these days.

Yay, for another entry, BTW.

It`s so strange Lynne, for years it was excellent and we wouldn't miss it, but so many people have said they`ve been disappointed......shame.

You would love Ocean Prime......excellent food and service and the décor is lovely....glad you like the pics......more to come...….. ::yes::

They were really good. Not much of a cheesecake fan, but hubby bullied me into it. We ate breakfast there twice. Kids really liked it and they are copying them at home.

Oh now I wished I`d tried one....we both love cheesecake...…..

I`m so glad you enjoyed eating there, that's so good to hear, and love the kids are recreating what they ate there.....nice!!!!

Carole, I have to tell you that after reading this report, I looked on Netflix and found Midsomer Murders. We watch the first episode last night and absolutely loved it! My husband is dying to watch the second one. He was trying to figure out the ending the entire time and got a big kick out of that. We will be in Orlando this time next week! Hooray! We are ready for some summer vacation :cool2:

Carole, I have to tell you that after reading this report, I looked on Netflix and found Midsomer Murders. We watch the first episode last night and absolutely loved it! My husband is dying to watch the second one. He was trying to figure out the ending the entire time and got a big kick out of that. We will be in Orlando this time next week! Hooray! We are ready for some summer vacation :cool2:

Oh I love that!!!!!

It`s one of our favourite shows....we watch the reruns all the time of the John Nettles ones, he was the main guy for lots of seasons.....when the new guy came in it wasn't the same for us, but the writers had all changed by then too......I`m so glad you enjoyed it...….

Next week!!!!! :dance3:Oh you must be so excited to get away for your trip...….weather looks fabulous for your visit.........have a blast while you`re there...…:thumbsup2

and Irish Jack told us a couple of stories to make your hair curl 😲.....we laughed and laughed as he regaled us with tales of his travels......we really didn't want to leave...….

You know I don't drink much but I may have to go meet Irish Jack ... the stories and a cutie. Yes please.

SUNDAY MAY 12TH
Image result for LAZY POOL DAY MEME

Today was a very unusual day for us......we were doing absolutely nothing for most of it......and we were so looking forward to it......

We awoke again feeling very refreshed and ready to start the day.....our friend had told us the Cabana was available from 8am till pool close.....so we had to be up early to make the most of it.....

Once we had showered and got into costumes and sarong thing, we facetimed Kyle before we did anything else.....and he was ready and waiting for us as it was around midday in the UK......and he was doing good......he had enjoyed a very early night and slept great so headache was gone, got up and out early to do what he had to do, now was chilling out....I think there was football or something on...….it was so good to talk to him and see he was ok.....we did have a good chat and then he said he had to go.....nice to see he was doing good......we did agree to chat straight after Game of Thrones tonight....he was staying up to watch it live which was 2am in the UK......but he had the Monday off and had taken off the whole week next week too, so no worrying about being tried at work......

Tom nipped down to get some pastries or donuts with coffee for breakfast, they had asked in the lounge if we were coming over today and we said we wouldn't be......so we had some fruit in the fridge and we carried them and the pastries down to enjoy the start of the day in our Cabana...…..

It was around 8.20 when we went into the pool area, and there was hardly anyone around. We had to go search for someone as there was no one in the towel cabin......but we soon found a girl and she took us over to ours, which was perfectly procured away at the back......it really was in the ideal position for us as it wouldn't be too busy......we liked not being right beside the pool...…

i-NTWG5Ts-X2.jpg

One of the pool guys came over to set up the Cabana...he put the lounger covers on, pulled over the screens between the other cabanas and filled our fridge full of water. There were cans of coke and sprite already in it, he said we could switch them out for water, which we did and he loaded in plenty of the Fiji bottles......he had around 6 left so he just left them on top and said we could refill the fridge as we used them......ideal...….it was really only water we would want sitting here.....

i-sJcN9JV-X2.jpg

And of course, having the tv was a bonus......lol....even in such a beautiful place with surroundings that could rival any Caribbean Island resort.....tv was still to be enjoyed!!!!

i-Hp9xvDG-X2.jpg

There really were plenty of towels and everything you could need for a day by the pool......and shade of course along with the little aircon machine which was very welcome......

i-TccdwWz-X2.jpg

i-dGFjKNX-X2.jpg

As our guy put up our parasol, Tom explored the fridge and safe....always a nice addition for when you are in and out of the pool.....and it held the ipad nicely...…..we only had the camera with us that also fit in...nothing else of value was with us.

i-fBFNcQj-X2.jpg

i-FqS73Tg-X2.jpg

And then we settled down to enjoy breakfast of grapes and not bother with the pastries, this day and the heat was already incredible...….we had brought plenty of sunscreen down with us for when we were in and out the water...….but to be honest it is waterproof, so we didn't need to worry too much, but we do....especially our backs as they hadn't seen sunlight since 1975!!! We do our sitting by the pool at night usually......moonbathers!!!!

Related image

I love the sun and the heat, but don't have the skin type to enjoy sitting for hours in it...…….we West of Scotland folks have pale skin generally...although maybe not as pale as this girl......I`m definitely not Irish but can sympathise with the skin type...…

Related image

lol.....took me a second to see it!!!! I`m pale, but not that pale!!!

i-tbv8G35-X2.jpg

i-Qx9Q5Rs-X2.jpg

i-3TVJRS2-X2.jpg

We had splashed around a bit and generally enjoyed pool time, then Tom went wandering to take some pictures...…..

i-FqJXZNH-X2.jpg

i-vnQSJtk-X2.jpg

The fire pit is glorious at night...….it is very social and folks congregate around and chat and have smores...….the smell is lovely when the marshmallows are toasting……….

i-xn3rJ2x-X2.jpg

i-D5RLhr9-X2.jpg

i-NBMkcDn-X2.jpg

This was just beautiful...….we were thoroughly enjoying relaxing, dipping in and out of the water which was gorgeous...….and spending some time in the Cabana to cool down and drink some water...….

Sapphire Falls to us, has the most beautiful of all the pools.....it just suits us......we do like RPR and one of PBH pools too, but this one was perfect...….

i-RW4ZhXm-X2.jpg

The pool bar serves very good food...…..we had eaten there before and enjoyed everything we tried...….the menu is varied and has some good choices......

But today we had no plans to order anything.

Although the pool staff do check on you regularly to see if you need anything which is nice, although you are away from the crowds, they don't forget you.

i-JgRxVgR-X2.jpg

Our morning passed so quickly, and we don't have very much to report as we popped in and out of the water most of the time and not much else...….slumbering on the loungers and sipping bottles of water might not sound very exciting, but we were loving it......

No one else was around us which was nice....the other Cabanas remained empty so we felt like we had our own little private beach area......the cabanas around the pool were busier, so we were glad we were at the back...…..

Around 11.15 we left the cabana and headed up to our suite to get showered and changed to go down for the Mother`s Day Brunch.

i-5wDsWn4-X2.jpg

i-pj5pSk7-X2.jpg

Brunch coming up...…...

Last edited:
Spectacular!! The spice shop and oil place sound fascinating. We have a few spice shops here as well as several olive oil/balsamic stores but not as quaint.

The cabana looked amazing. I was able to spot the Irish girl right away, that's me with red hair.....you can imagine. I live in a state that has sun 300+ days per year, is high altitude and gets very hot in summer. I have to be very careful and as I've gotten older just stay out of the sun if I can. Far cry from being a lifeguard as a teen and actually not burning to a crisp.:beach:

I do like the look of the Cabana though!! My vacations are very rare so for me it's go, go, go. I don't relax very well, never seemed to learn how to do that.
But it does look tempting, you and Tom have it down to a science.:rotfl:

So, we headed up and got showered and changed.....how did we amass so much sand!!!!! And our suite had been cleaned, so we felt incredibly guilty for dragging all this sand in...….oops!!!!

Our table was booked for 12.30 so we wandered down around 12.15 or so and we were immediately shown to our table......we had a nice booth with lovely view over the lagoon……..this was going to be wonderful....we just knew it...…..

Our waiter asked us what we would like to drink and we both asked for a glass of red wine......and then we began to go look at the food on offer.

There was almost everything you could think of on offer...…..we were glad we were hungry...….we had ended up not eating the pastries and just having the grapes as we wanted to be hungry for this...…..

This may be very picture oriented post...….but the food just looked gorgeous...….and the thing we especially noticed was how quickly it was replenished...….you never felt like you were getting the last of any food......everything was so fresh...…..we were spoiled for choice...….

There was more food than we have pictured, but some were a little blurry....the smoked salmon picture would have been wonderful, but you can`t make it out...…..oops!!!

i-v5LnGX3-X2.jpg

i-VjDP953-X2.jpg

We were right next to the carving station for the Prime Rib.....I knew this would be one of Tom`s favourite places to visit...….

i-t725rmr-X2.jpg

We however wandered through to the other side of the room where the extra space had been opened up and I didn't realise it was as big.....but it was filled with a plethora of delights to choose from...…..

i-sSWz7pt-X2.jpg

i-XRmxnBs-X2.jpg

i-nDKdRFF-X2.jpg

i-dZT9j3d-X2.jpg

We did take a few little pieces of the chicken, churrasca beef and there was a salmon in a beautiful sauce that didn't picture well...….but we sampled this and they were all gorgeous. The meat and fish were cooked perfectly and so tasty........…..we were very good at this point, we didn't overindulge...….however I couldn't guarantee that same restraint when I hit the smoked salmon, oysters, mussels, shrimp and crab legs...

We wandered along and took some pictures of the food before we decided what to eat.....I knew where I was headed...….

i-xPmF8bq-X2.jpg

i-Kq8wgFS-X2.jpg

i-srK325j-X2.jpg

i-zGpGPqb-X2.jpg

i-mWKpf26-X2.jpg

i-5TTbNTf-X2.jpg

i-JnqGKBh-X2.jpg

At this point Tom had decided he couldn't wait any longer for his prime rib...….and even had a second portion...…..this was beautiful......I had a very thin slice and it was perfect....just as it should be...….it was so full of flavour and so juicy too...….

i-CxJT93f-X2.jpg

My main plate was seafood…….and more seafood...….the only thing I didn't eat was the sausage.…..Tom liked it, but not for me...….however, everything else was perfect…..scallops, shrimp.....oh especially the shrimp, crab legs, smoked salmon......I did have oysters, but they were on a small plate as I do like them separate...….

Tom doesn't eat oysters at all......I love em!!!!!

i-Nm6fhPf-X2.jpg

The food was incredible...…..and we were pacing ourselves really well.....and there was no rush whatsoever...….

After we had eaten our seafood, Phil, the food manager for the hotels came over to say hello.....so good to see him and he was delighted we had enjoyed it so much...….he takes a lot of pride in his areas and we assured him everything had been perfect......food was regularly replenished and you never felt you were getting the ends of anything......we had been so impressed by the whole experience.....

Our waiter was back and forward with drinks, one of our favourite waitresses saw us and came over to say hello......her name is Tia and she is a lot of fun when she looks after you......very good at her job and always so pleasant...….

Desserts are something we do enjoy now and again.....and today we had seen some beautiful desserts......and some we didn't as were too full.....but we did enjoy what we did try...…..

We didn't have room for the peach cobbler nor the dulce de leche sauce...….I could have covered anything in that!!!!

i-dM879r3-X2.jpg

I did have two of these lemon meringue desserts which were beautiful and incredibly light...….these were something I wish I`d had more room for too...…..

i-HC4kMT6-X2.jpg

i-r294vFg-X2.jpg

i-837c7Ls-X2.jpg

i-ZMnVbts-X2.jpg

i-9tq9TNn-X2.jpg

i-CPwbsZH-X2.jpg

i-2rk4fq6-X2.jpg

i-Qmm5JnP-X2.jpg

i-fPCFZcr-X2.jpg

We looked out the window and saw the rain was now bouncing down......the pool was closed as there was thunder and lightning......well, we were glad we were in here.....this was the perfect way to spend a few hours enjoying some lovely food with lovely people around us.....

At this point we saw Fernando and his family, lovely to see them again and we had a lovely chat with them as we all chose some more additions to our tables...…..they were very impressed too which was good to see...…..

Aarron, one of the other managers from SW was in too with his family and he very kindly brought his family round to meet us before they left.....again, another lovely family who were honoured to meet.....there really are some lovely people in the world.

Throughout the afternoon there were characters roaming around and spent a good amount of time with everyone at the tables...….

The appropriate handlers asked if everyone wanted them to stop by, well of course we did today...….and they were fabulous...….I`m always amazed how you can have a conversation or two with characters who don't speak!!!! But you can……...

i-NMLVkpb-X2.jpg

i-sHJ9P5H-X2.jpg

i-Sj86KV2-X2.jpg

The interactions were fabulous...…..we had really enjoyed the characters, and even though I`m not a Simpsons fan, we love the characters here.....they are so good and are wonderful with the children and adults alike...…..

We were finally done...…..this had been an incredible experience and we were truly grateful for the kindness of being gifted this today. Mr Beiderman is indeed a lovely man who we always enjoy talking with when we visit. I would get a thank you card tomorrow and make sure he got it.

We made sure we saw our waiter before we left, then walked over to see Fernando and family before we left, he had a nice week coming up and we wished him well and hoped they enjoyed it...….we chatted for a while and then said our goodbyes and headed off.

Back up to our room we got back into our pool wear and wandered back down as we saw the pool had indeed reopened...…

And we were full up!!!!!!

We sat on the loungers, well, more like laid along the loungers like beached whales...…..but it had been so much fun!!!!

Related image

Much later I enjoyed a rum runner.….it was lovely...

i-scNDQX7-X2.jpg

You also receive a fruit plate with your cabana...…..and it looked lovely......we genuinely didn't have the room for any of it......and the very lovely young lady who was looking after us boxed it up for us to take with us for later.....and that we were glad of...…..and the staff around the pool too had been lovely......

i-HrTpDW2-X2.jpg

We did drink a bunch of the bottles of water and we were glad of them as today was incredibly hot...….the pool was also lovely to be going in and out of.

Much later in the day someone took over the cabana a few down from us, and they were nice...….chatted away and that's always nice......

We still felt as though we were in a very private place...….this had been a glorious day and we had enjoyed every second......we were so lucky and fortunate and we made our sincere appreciation known to those concerned.

i-fqtLGRC-X2.jpg

We lazed some more, and dipped into the pool some more......and eventually around 8.40pm we reluctantly left the Cabana and headed upstairs to get ready to watch Game of Thrones...….

We did think to watch it in the cabana, but I think the pool closed at 10pm and to be honest, we couldn't really shoosh anyone who made a noise could we...….lol...….

Into a very quick shower, we were in jammies by 8.55 and glass of wine poured...…..and we did nibble a bit of the fruit plate now too...….it was delicious......so was the wine!!!

GoT started and we were delighted to see it had no ads in...….we don't have HBO so this was a pleasant surprise.....Kyle watches online and it has ads I believe...….and it showed at the end as his show ended about 7 minutes after our showing ended...….

We liked this episode a lot.…...some didn't....but we enjoyed it and were enthralled the whole way through and although we didn't want to wish our trip away.....we couldn't wait till next week...…..but we could!!!!

A few minutes later Kyle facetimed us and we discussed the show....it is a shame that we would miss watching the final two episodes with Kyle as we had watched every other episode with him......but it was kind of like watching it with him.......

We chatted a little longer and we could see Kyle was shattered...it was now 3.45 am for him...….although he said he had gone to bed around 9am and slept till 10 minutes before the programme started.....he didn't have a clue what day of the week it was when his alarm went off.....lol......

We said our goodbyes and arranged when to speak again as we still had no email...…..

We sat for a while longer and discussed the show and what a lovely day we had...….and we really had......this had been one of the best days we`d had for ages...….very relaxing and enjoyed some lovely food.....

Eventually we decided we had better get to bed....it was almost midnight now and we were surprisingly shattered......how can you be shattered doing nothing.....….

Tomorrow we planned a half day at the beach......but the weather didn't seem to want to cooperate……...

Spectacular!! The spice shop and oil place sound fascinating. We have a few spice shops here as well as several olive oil/balsamic stores but not as quaint.

The cabana looked amazing. I was able to spot the Irish girl right away, that's me with red hair.....you can imagine. I live in a state that has sun 300+ days per year, is high altitude and gets very hot in summer. I have to be very careful and as I've gotten older just stay out of the sun if I can. Far cry from being a lifeguard as a teen and actually not burning to a crisp.:beach:

I do like the look of the Cabana though!! My vacations are very rare so for me it's go, go, go. I don't relax very well, never seemed to learn how to do that.
But it does look tempting, you and Tom have it down to a science.:rotfl:

Yes, we have places like that, but nowhere near as good!!!

lol.....yes, if you burn you burn.....nothing to change it really except be careful and plenty of sunscreen for us......you were a lifeguard!!! Wow.....you must be a good swimmer...….

The Cabana was a real treat.....we were so lucky and yes, we are very good at doing nothing......lol...….it`s an art form according to some!!!

Yep, relaxing is fun...…..::yes::

Thanks for the pool pics...makes me even more excited for our week at SF in September...I see lots of pool time in our future :beach:

You are so welcome Vicki.....it is the most photogenic pool and looks good at any angle...….

Yes, it`s a pool I know you`ll enjoy......and one or two cocktails I`m sure....they are lush!!!!

So, this will be my last trip update for over a week...….

On Wednesday I leave to travel to the airport hotel to meet mum and after an overnight stay at the Radisson on Thursday we fly to New York for a week......we land back in the UK on the 14th.

Looking forward to it a lot. Will miss my guys a lot too, but we have Facetime and it is only for a week...….

I`m sure I`ll still pop in to the Dis before I get back, but I hope to see all you guys when I get back.....I love to read your comments......

See you soon...…...:wave2:

What an absolutely perfect day!!!!!
The food looks incredible, and the cabana had some lovely amenities!

It really was......

We will definitely book the brunch next year if we are there on Mother`s Day...….it was fabulous.

And the Cabana was just lovely...…..it was absolutely a perfect day.....and Game of Thrones too!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter