• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May I have some encouragement please? (long)

2disneywego

Disney makes me Happy!!!!!!
Fairly new to this board, and new (again) to trying to get in shape. ;)
I'm more than 100 pounds overweight and for the last 6 weeks, I've started a light exercise regime and am modifying my diet. I've lost 12 pounds so far and am feeling very good about that.
In the last 2 weeks I've started a walking program. I'm walking 3 miles a day, hoping to work up to 6 miles. I walk 1/2 mile on my morning & afternoon break and 2 miles at lunch in 30 minutes. I thought that was very good until I started reading up on walking programs and according to "them", I'm not doing nearly enough. I feel great, my muscles are sore, but not painful and I am starting to see a difference in my body.
What does everyone think, am I on the right track or am I being too easy on myself?:confused:

I'm new to this board too.... just happened to find it a few days ago.
I keep saying I need to get started (again) with my walking, watch what I eat etc. Stepped on the scales the other day and it wasn't a pretty sight!

Anyway, I think you're doing great! You're averaging a 2# loss every week for the past 6 weeks. That's a good, healthy loss.

Just my opinion, but I'd say to take the walking info with a grain of salt and go with what's working for you. Three miles a day is a great pace for only your second week, and you're seeing good results. If you find you're at a stand-still in seeing results, that would indicate you need to change your routine, probably every 6 weeks or so. Either add more mileage, set a faster walking pace, or maybe start some strength/toning exercises with light weights, in addition to the walking and diet changes.

Keep it up! It sounds like you're right on track to me!

You are 100 pounds overweight and you are worried that you are not walking enough or the correct way as 'they' say you should? Well -- tell 'them' to strap 20 bags of 5lb potatoes to their backs and see if 'they' can walk 3 miles a day!!! LOL --- I think what you are doing is terrific! I wish that I could only motivate myself to do the same.

You go Girl!
:p

Tell 'them' to shove 'their' plan up their ****!:P
I say you're doing fine and keep it up.We all need to motivate each other.I had been on a diet last year,gave up during the holiday season and got back on track in January.I've lost a total of about 30#s since January.You need to keep it up..post little reminders or boosters around the house,on the fridge,that bathroom mirror,even on the monitor for your compy!:)
Keep it up..you'll get there eventually.Like I"ve learned..weightloss is not a fast thing(unless you do liposuction,but that's different).It went on slowly and it has to come off slowly.I hope you reach the desired weight you're aiming for.

Gail(UDB)

Thanks so much for the encouragement, I feel much better now!!:Pinkbounc
I am combining the walking with the Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies tapes and the toning ones. I used these 8 years ago, lost 35 pounds and 4 dress sizes.
I got dressed this morning and felt really good. I hadn't worn these jeans in two weeks and now I can grab a handful of fabric over each hip!!:) :) And they certainly weren't loose before.
Thanks again everyone, we all do motivate each other.:D

You are walking and that's what counts!!! You have to start small and as your body can handle more ( you will know ) then you can increase distance. Believe me 3 miles is a good distance, heck I'm not 100 lbs overweight and walking 3 miles is not easy at times.
Good for you what you are doing, don't pay attention to what others tell you you should be doing, do what works for you, you may loose weight slowly but as long as you loose , you are in the right track.
Keep up the good work!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter