May date options!

wallathewalrus

Earning My Ears
Hi :) Going to Disneyland for the first time with my hubby and two kids (9 months and 3 years old) and we are super excited! We will be in LA and have 3 days park hopper tickets and trying to figure out which days to go to Disney.

Option 1 - grad nite:
Sun May 6, Thurs May 10 and Fri May 11 - planning to stay at a walkable hotel on all 3 days so we can walk back to the hotel for a break if needed. Issue is, I just read that friday is grad nite so it'll be super packed.

Option 2 - avoid grad nite:
Sun May 6, Monday May 7 and Thurs. May 10 - with option 2, we can avoid grad nite but the issue is, we already booked a hotel in commerce (20 miles away) from disneyland and we will only be staying at a walkable disney hotel on Sunday and Thursday. This means that we won't be able go back to the hotel and take breaks on Monday which might be hard for our two little ones.

Which option would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Sounds like you need the closer hotel. I'd go with grad night and just try to avoid the busier areas in the evening. Your kids are young enough that you may not want to be in the parks very late anyway.

I think Friday nights are, in general, busy regardless of grad nights or not. So while there will be crowds (my guess, starting late-morning due to grad night and then a second bump comes in the late-afternoon when the locals get off work/school), you can still get a lot done, especially in the morning and afternoon. Given that, I agree with the PP...with the hotel situation, I would go with Option 1.

many people have reported that Mondays are very crowded. This year there are some changes with Grad nights, so there may be a lesser impact, though, as pointed out previously, Friday nights are busy. Sounds like option 1 is best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!