May 5th at Hollywood Studios

Gzub1003

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I will be in Disney the first week of May. I know to stay away from DHS on May 4th as we are not big Star Wars people and the crowds will be high. My question is does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the how May 5th will be? Not sure if there will be lingering crowds from the 4th or will it just be normal crowds. Thanks in advance.

May 1st is the 35th anniversary of DHS and I know a few Star Wars groups I’m in are doing stuff at the end of April for May 4th this year instead because they’re anticipating DHS to be busy all that week and don’t want to add to the crowds.

What makes May 5 something special? Everytime we have gone to Disney is the past they were celebrating 25 yrs or this or 30 years of that. I think of these as more of the way for the Disney marketing people to have something to advertise. Nothing wrong with that, but not really a reason to go to Disney just because something is being 'celebrated'.

May the 4th (May the 4th be with you!) is a big day for Star Wars fans and DHS is usually very busy on that day. Sometimes the crowds may also impact May 5th. That is the reason for the question.

Revenge of the Fifth (Sith) - for Star Wars fans...
Also Cinco de Mayo as a real holiday... reasons to potentially see a crowd bump.
That said, we did not see a crowd bump 2 years ago on those days, FWIW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter