** May 2020 Check In **

I’ve cancelled and rescheduled for November :(
Cancelled my trip after DD's high school cancelled their trip. So disappointed, and was looking forward to trying Candy Cane Inn for the first time. We have a special grad trip planned for July, but it's looking like it will be touch and go as to whether the Canadian government will allow travel across the border at that time.
I've removed you both from the list. I hope your new trip dates work out for you!

I made flight reservations for around the fourth of July last night (no penalty for either date to be cancelled through SWA) and they wound up being even cheaper than the ones I made for over Memorial Day. So I'm good to go for that if May gets cancelled. If July gets cancelled...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
I have 3 trips scheduled this year - May, August, and December. It's definitely comforting to have a backup plan and in my case, a backup backup plan. And I'm enjoying the extra trip planning with all this spare time on my hands.

I have 3 trips scheduled this year - May, August, and December. It's definitely comforting to have a backup plan and in my case, a backup backup plan. And I'm enjoying the extra trip planning with all this spare time on my hands.
Yeah, our next option after July would be October break, but I'd REALLY rather not do it while HMH is up, since we haven't been in a while and last time we were there it was HMH, also. But if I must, I must! If I have to cancel for May, I shall see about replacing those flights with flights in October.

Yeah, our next option after July would be October break, but I'd REALLY rather not do it while HMH is up, since we haven't been in a while and last time we were there it was HMH, also. But if I must, I must! If I have to cancel for May, I shall see about replacing those flights with flights in October.
Same! I purposely scheduled May and August to catch HM after refurbs and before HMH! I'll probably be so happy to be back at the parks though that it won't matter if HM isn't up by the time the parks reopen.

My trip 4/30-5/3 has been canceled. I am still holding hope that our October trip becomes a reality. Thank you for this thread and hope some of you are able to go!

Hello everyone...waiting to see but planning to have our DVC reservations cancelled...we were to check-in May 28 :(...

Not sure when we will re-book. For now, still remain hopeful...but sad.

This will be the first time in 10 year that we haven’t made our annual trip to see the mouse.

But in the big picture, this is a small issue.

Stay safe and heathy everyone.

Hello everyone...waiting to see but planning to have our DVC reservations cancelled...we were to check-in May 28 :(...

Not sure when we will re-book. For now, still remain hopeful...but sad.

This will be the first time in 10 year that we haven’t made our annual trip to see the mouse.

But in the big picture, this is a small issue.

Stay safe and heathy everyone.
I get where you're coming from. It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but no less disappointing. The first of my restaurant reservations just got cancelled, so my reality of no May trip is sinking in, but it's ok as long as everyone I love is safe.

FYI - I will be in the park one day only, May 9th with my Girl Scout troop. There is a Girl Scout ceremony that morning in DCA before the park opens. We'll then do a YES seminar and be let loose in the parks for the day. I'm not thrilled that there is also now the Disney Channel fest and a graduation party the same day. Parks are going to be very crowded, I fear.

Just getting back here. This event was postponed until Aug. 29th and I'm starting to wonder if it will happen even then ... off to the August thread to catch up

I don't mind staying on the list, but I did go ahead and move the points from my May 23 VGC reservation to next Feb ... worried that there won't be availability if I don't reschedule soon!
Finally resigned myself to this trip just isn't gong to happen. Still have my fingers crossed that our Labor Day trip will have open parks! (That was our previous last trip of this AP year before COVID.)

I get where you're coming from. It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but no less disappointing. The first of my restaurant reservations just got cancelled, so my reality of no May trip is sinking in, but it's ok as long as everyone I love is safe.
It's odd - my reservation for 5/23 was cancelled several days ago. But my reservations for 5/24 and 5/25 are still showing up.

It's odd - my reservation for 5/23 was cancelled several days ago. But my reservations for 5/24 and 5/25 are still showing up.
I just checked and mine are still there for the 24th & 25th, as well. They didn't cancel my earlier reservations until last Thursday, though, so maybe they're doing it in one week batches?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!