May 2018 Trip

CTKaeleyJ85

KaeleyJ
May 10th will be he start of our 7th trip to Disney World, we go every year for my sons birthday. However this year he has asked if he could bring a friend on the trip. We have decided that it will be fun to bring along one of his best friends from his little league team. We are paying for everything we just asked that his parents send him with some spending money. But I was wondering if there are things that I need to confident when traveling with 13 year old who is not my child. This will be our first trip anywhere like this and want to make sure that I am thinking ahead and conscerding everything we will need.
The trip will be my husband, son (who will turn 12 on the trip), his friend DL (who will be 13), and myself.

The obvious things, like knowing the kids allergies or medical conditions. For example, my kid has random nosebleeds, but not like a normal one. His are real gushers and hard to stop. I always tell his friends parents, even though my son knows the drill and what to do, because they are quite scary. I forgot to tell his teacher one year, and it scared them! Anyways, possibly the kids insurance number, In case of emergency or backup numbers, in case you can’t get a hold of parents number. What kind of headache meds they like to take, in case they have a hard time swallowing pills. That’s really all a I can think of. Y’all are going to have so much fun, that’s a good age to have friends tag along.

Are both boys in agreement about what rides to go on, and what to skip?

Are you flying or driving? (different travel strategies)

Is spending money defined as "souvenirs" or is spending money defined as "everything beyond transportation/lodging/park tickets"? As long as both parents have clear expectations on that expense it will avoid ruffled feathers.

Have the emergency numbers for the primary care at home, and bring the insurance card with you (or a copy of one)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter