***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

@tessiesevin
for LMT Club check online for a free trial membership. They always have codes floating around. I did that a few years ago and I still have the membership, guess they forget to stop the "trial" part ;)

I'm getting so excited about our first Non-Kid trip. Yes I feel a lot of guilt, but it will be nice just me and hubby, no character meet n greets, no character breakfast, no need for naps in the middle of the day due to midday meltdown.......ahhhhhhhh. I've decided to try the WOC Dessert Party as this is something I would not splurge on with a 5 and 7 year old. I'm still trying to decide between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle one night, and maybe the new Splitsville.

I'm getting so excited about our first Non-Kid trip. Yes I feel a lot of guilt, but it will be nice just me and hubby, no character meet n greets, no character breakfast, no need for naps in the middle of the day due to midday meltdown.......ahhhhhhhh. I've decided to try the WOC Dessert Party as this is something I would not splurge on with a 5 and 7 year old. I'm still trying to decide between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle one night, and maybe the new Splitsville.
We have not tried Napa but we really like Carthay. Planning on trying the lounge this time. I was thinking of trying Splittsville too. Since it is a longer than usual trip I am trying to find new things to do. Does anyone know when the AMC is supposed to be closed down for the new hotel? I have a gift card that we meant to use on our last trip but never made it. Up here we have 2 movie theaters within an hour drive and neither is AMC.
Hope the AMC and EoS are still open when we go, love Hawaiian BBQ and the Chicken Chipotle sandwiches - plus I get a free brownie for my birthday :)

I was checking out the ABD board and found that there is now a shorter version of the Southern California schedule. Just looking around the ABD site I noticed that one of the experiences they offer is a VIP WOC viewing. At the bottom of the page there is a note that WOC would be under refurbishment on their May 3rd schedule, so that is the show on the 5th. I am assuming that is because of Grad Nite on that day - but I thought even with a Grad Nite WOC was still showing, the kids just get their own WOC during their party. This is how they worded it -

PLEASE NOTE: World of Color will be closed for refurbishment during the following Disneyland Resort and Southern California Short Escape departures:
  • April 19 and April 26, 2018
  • May 3, 2018
An alternate nighttime activity will be provided to Guests on those departures.

Last edited:

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary with an adults-only trip (we have a 4 and 7 year old) this past October, and it was WONDERFUL. We did feel a bit guilty, and when we got home, our 4 year old said "You know when you go to Disney World you HAVE TO TAKE YOUR KIDS!", haha. But even parents need adult time alone, and it was a fantastic trip. We did a few signature meals, Food & Wine, late nights, early mornings, no naps, no potty breaks, no strollers, no complaining, no vigilant pool patrol... it was fantastic. They're coming with us for our trip this May, but I would love to go back again just he & I... it's fun either way, but it's a different trip without the kids.

One more time. DI&S dropped prices again! I had the "May promo 1" for $92 a night (from $106, which originally was $116), now they have May promo 2. Stay 3 days or longer and save $25 per night. Our rate is now $87.

I am not sure if it is available for all dates. I checked May 4 to the 10th and it seems like the regular rooms are now sold out for those dates - I think it is the 4th that is sold out since I booked one from the 5th and one from the 6th .

One more time. DI&S dropped prices again! I had the "May promo 1" for $92 a night (from $106, which originally was $116), now they have May promo 2. Stay 3 days or longer and save $25 per night. Our rate is now $87.

I am not sure if it is available for all dates. I checked May 4 to the 10th and it seems like the regular rooms are now sold out for those dates - I think it is the 4th that is sold out since I booked one from the 5th and one from the 6th .

Just had a play with our dates and didn't come up with anything, but at least the first promo still saved us! We are booking the C2 so the discount isn't as big of a % off of course, but still money saved!

Just had a play with our dates and didn't come up with anything, but at least the first promo still saved us! We are booking the C2 so the discount isn't as big of a % off of course, but still money saved!
That is how I see it, yeah it is just $5 a day but that is a churro a day (they are getting expensive!) ;) Every little bit helps!

I love to keep checking prices. I checked for our February trip (President's Day weekend) and the prices were out of control! $353 for Anaheim Inn (Anaheim Plaza)! Per night.

I love to keep checking prices. I checked for our February trip (President's Day weekend) and the prices were out of control! $353 for Anaheim Inn (Anaheim Plaza)! Per night.
That is crazy! Of course those are dates that you book right away or risk no availability - the hotels know it and take advantage. That is why I like the great cancellation policy a lot of the places we stay at have. I can book and rebook if I find a better deal. I do feel bad canceling so many reservations. We have 2 rooms coming on different days so that is 2 reservations I have to cancel every time I find a new promo - and I am on promo #3.

Just a reminder for anyone who has not yet bought tickets - prices usually go up around this time every year. Last year it was Feb 12th. LMTClub has the best prices I've found, a 5 day PH is $50 less than buying direct from Disney.

Good thinking! We're going to go ahead and get ours today. We're buying CityPasses because we're going to Legoland and the SD Zoo Safari Park too.

Really hoping the APs do not go up, I think last year they went up $20 for the Deluxe.

Hope everyone got their tickets!
IMG_20180211_043704.png IMG_20180211_043616.png
Thanks to dina444444 for the screenshots. Stitch is still eating the DL page aka they still have not updated the site :crazy2:

Last edited:
I just realized something! A few posts back I mentioned ABD showing WOC on May 5th as under refurbishment. A few days later I saw someone post about seeing a PTN package. At first I thought the ABD info was because of a Grad Nite on that date but now I wonder if it has to do with the PTN package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter