***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

Technically coming in April but...

April 30-May 3 Solo trip at the Candy Cane Inn.
I really should try the Candy Cane Inn, since from the moment I planned our first DLR trip I heard great things about them. I am off to see their rates for October ;)

Our family is coming in for May 30 and 31...God willing! It will be our DGS first birthday celebration! So excited to show him “where it all began!”

I am going May 13-23 with my family, my boyfriend, his mom and 12 year old daughter who’s never been. We will all be staying at the Grand Legacy. Only 121 days/17 weeks but who’s counting???

I really should try the Candy Cane Inn, since from the moment I planned our first DLR trip I heard great things about them. I am off to see their rates for October ;)

I absolutely love them. Every time you check out, they email you a $10 off per night voucher for your next visit that stacks on top of a AAA, military or AP discount (which is another $10 off per night). I hope you're able to find a decent rate (also remember they have free breakfast and free parking which helps save).

I absolutely love them. Every time you check out, they email you a $10 off per night voucher for your next visit that stacks on top of a AAA, military or AP discount (which is another $10 off per night). I hope you're able to find a decent rate (also remember they have free breakfast and free parking which helps save).
Nice of them to stack discounts! I checked but did not see the AP discount listed. It is $50 more a night than my old standby the Desert Inn, and I am super frugal (cheap ;)). Maybe on a trip when we have a car we would try it (DD and I do not venture far from DLR, so not for our Oct trip). It is pretty crazy how places charge for parking - we're already paying for our stay! I work at a Comfort Inn in a very touristy area and we don't charge for parking.

I am going May 13-23 with my family, my boyfriend, his mom and 12 year old daughter who’s never been. We will all be staying at the Grand Legacy. Only 121 days/17 weeks but who’s counting???
That is so weird, it's not like we are all counting down the days! I mean I just happen to know that I have 109 days, 17 hours and 53 minutes before our flight, but that is just pure coincidence. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Grad Night ticket info! It looks like the kids get DCA for a party for $79, DCA all day (and party) for $99, and if they want a hopper with the DCA party it is $139. Not sure how many will pay that much for access to DL.
https://www.disneyyouth.com/programs/field-trips/dlr/grad-nite-disneyland/overview/

I am big on the packages (F!, WoC etc) just because I hate to wait around for shows and parades, and I know DD and DH would never wait (or not be happy about it and let me know it ;)). F! has been gone for a long time and I have actually never seen it at DL, just at DHS. Not a must do for us to be honest.

WoC is a must-do for us, we did the dining package one time (Wine Country Trattoria) and it was great - but we had someone with us in a wheelchair so it is not the same experience everyone else has. We did not have to be there more than 10 minutes early and did not have to stand, we could sit on the ground and see just fine. Last May we did the dessert party and loved it. We had a great table, nice desserts, DD got a light-up WoC mug, and the only wait was waiting for our turn while the CMs took other guests to their tables. It is a splurge for us but one we will do again in May. Below is a pic from our table.
View attachment 291426
We also did the Blue Bayou package they had for when MSEP was showing (I know they are not showing MSEP now but the parades have the same routes and I think the parade packages are in the same viewing spots), this was something we did not really need but were traveling with older family members who could not stand for very long. The meal was great (as usual for BB) and the area was fine. But we ended up watching the parade twice more during our stay - once from the starting point on Main Street and once from the same spot we had with the dining package (but it was the later parade). For the parades we would not do the package again unless we were going during a super busy time. This photo is from the dining package which is facing the entrance to the railroad -
View attachment 291428

This is from the 2nd parade start -
View attachment 291437

Last year Disney had tickets for Grad Night party goers that included DL, this year they have to pay extra to go to DL. Not sure how many will actually pay extra so it (hopefully) affect DL attendance. It seems like Disney heard all the complaints!

Thank you for your valuable feedback

May 18-23 :) Fairfield Inn. Park days Sat-thurs (possibly a half day in there once we confirm flights) so excited!

May 27th and 28th for us! Dolphin Cove Check in on the 26th, 2 day one park per day tickets.

Adventures By Disney - basically its guided tours of different places all over the globe. They also do several in the states including this one that goes to the parks and around LA.

LIke I said, I should know! Our Disney TA has told us about it. We're DVC and can use points for Adventures By Disney....just never really considered it. Report back after your trip and let us know how it goes! :)

You can put me down for 5/18 - 5/22! We will be staying at the Sheraton Park Place. We took 4 trips last year and let our AP's expire at the beginning of this month as we had no plans to go back until after Star Wars land opens. BUT......I will be in Anaheim for a work seminar on the 21st and 22nd, and couldn't not go. Hubby will be coming with me but the kids aren't! First adult only trip....woot woot, so excited.

Hi everyone! We will be at Disneyland this May (23-28). My husband has a convention for AAP at the Grand Californian hotel on those days, so I figured I would tag along with the kids. I noticed that convention wasn't listed on the front page and thought others might want to know it is going on over Memorial Day weekend. I am not sure how many will be in attendance. It will probably be a popular weekend anyway just because of the holiday. I am excited to be on the countdown with you all! :).

Hi everyone! We will be at Disneyland this May (23-28). My husband has a convention for AAP at the Grand Californian hotel on those days, so I figured I would tag along with the kids. I noticed that convention wasn't listed on the front page and thought others might want to know it is going on over Memorial Day weekend. I am not sure how many will be in attendance. It will probably be a popular weekend anyway just because of the holiday. I am excited to be on the countdown with you all! :).
I'll put the convention on the op! I do not know where to look for conventions happening at the GCH (if they even have that info anywhere online), I just put the info on the Anaheim convention center site. What is the convention for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!