May 2018 car rental watch

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
I followed the board for 2017 and several made their reservations 9 or 10 months out and it was the best rate they found. So I am starting now looking at rates for next year. If you are in the same boat join me in looking for deals and great rates.

I am looking at May 19th through May 28th. I need a minivan as there are 7 in our party. No car seats needed.

Last edited:
Prices look bad at the moment as we have started our search for arrival on May 24.

I’ve been pricing rentals on Costco’s website for June 2018. The cheapest I found for a minivan is $284 for a week. Pickup is at the Hilton near Disney. That’s a great price compared to the rates offered at MCO. They were around $443.

We will take Magical Express to our resort and then DH will Uber to the Hilton to get the car. Easy and we save $!

We have made an initial reservation for our trip, May 4th through 12th inclusive. Full size car with Alamo, $261 including taxes and fees. Booked via Costco Travel. Hoping to get it under the $200 mark by the time spring rolls around.

Just booked a minivan through Avis on Costco Travel - $291.34 for one week - pick up at Doubletree by Universal after our Universal stay and drop of at MCO.

Prices still high, but coupon AD2823JAZ took off $25. (not sure where it is from, but I've used it before) I booked a standard (cheapest) for 5/15-5/22 for $267.07 using Alamo Insiders and the coupon. This was cheaper than the AP discount and coupon together ($280.06)

Joining too. Though we are April/May. We are still trying to find a decent price for early February and it’s not good. Prepare yourselves. Rates have been high since hurricane Irma. Never got a good rate for our late October/early November trip either. National has definitely left the playing field now, and try to stick with Alamo, but their base weekly rates are coming in at $180 a week before you add on the fees. I hope it gets better. I’ve had to raise my threshold of what I’m willing to accept now.

Following along. January are the highest I've ever paid and so far May is looking the same. I sure hope they come down some.

Following along, we will be there 6-13th. If you're a BJ's member I've seen a full size from Budget as low as $230ish, but I'm still holding out. They have a Mustang for like $160, but with 3 of us and luggage I think it'll be too small.

Following...our stay is May 11th - 21st. We need a minivan! Can't find any decent prices as of yet!

Following...our stay is May 11th - 21st. We need a minivan! Can't find any decent prices as of yet!

Did you try Costco? We have one booked for around that time through them at Avis for a decent price!

So I pulled the trigger today, went with Advantage rent a car. Got a Rav4 for a week for $249 all in, I've been watching rentals for 3 months and this is by far the lowest I've seen, especially for an SUV. The premium car and minivan was only about $20 more for the week for people that need more space, we don't as there is only 3 of us. If you sign up for there rewards program you get a free day right away.

So I went ahead and book a car rental for Hyundai from Alamo through UR portal for $148.20 for May 10- May 13th with pick up at mco and drop off at port canaveral. I am following along it hope to save a few more dollars, but from the looks of things this price is the cheapest.

Last edited:
So I went ahead and book a car rental for Hyundai from Alamo through UR portal for $148.20 for May 10- May 13th. I am following along it hope to save a few more dollars, but from the looks of things this price is the cheapest.

What is the UR portal? I am drawing a blank.

Got a full size with Alamo May 1 pick up at Mco return May 12 at Tpa $362. Went directly to Alamo site to book, no codes used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!