Monday 17-May-2021 VANCOUVER 3:30 PM
Tuesday 18-May-2021 AT SEA
Wednesday 19-May-2021 DAWES GLACIER
Thursday 20-May-2021 SKAGWAY 7:15 AM 8:00 PM
Friday 21-May-2021 JUNEAU 6:45 AM 4:45 PM
Saturday 22-May-2021 KETCHIKAN 11:15 AM 7:45 PM
Sunday 23-May-2021 AT SEA
Monday 24-May-2021 VANCOUVER 8:00 AM

If you are anyone is interested in arranging FE groups, feel free to !

A reminder that it is against Disboard policy to post links or direct others to go to external social media platforms such as FB.

FYI, when I called this morning to book, I called at 0800, was speaking to a human by 0807 and the call ended at 0827. Included transferring a placeholder [Disney when are you going to enter the modern age and let us transfer these ONLINE?!?].

For those interested, I found out some additional info while on the phone.

Transfers to/from Vancouver airport are $25 per person each way.

Quotes for one night pre-cruise hotel for THREE adults [I am assuming there is a "third adult" fee as part of these quotes though I didn't ask; FWIW, at the Fairmont Aiport their normal extra adult fee for a standard room is CAD$50]; for 2021 they have three hotels they are working with:

Mariott Pinacle Downtown - $428 note that the transfer fee is only $13 pp each way since it is closer to port
( Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrdt-vancouver-marriott-pinnacle-downtown-hotel/ )

Fairmont Vancouver Airport - $580 for standard room
(Fairmont Vancouver Airport website: https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-airport-richmond/ )

Fairmont Waterfront - $580 note no transfer offered since it is across the street from the port
(Fairmont Waterfront website: https://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/ )

Hello everyone! We found our way here accidentally - had planned a summer cruise on the Fantasy with DH's whole family and it didn't work out after we saw prices on Tues/Weds. Then, yesterday, my MIL emailed and asked if we wanted to go with just them on her birthday cruise (5 of us instead of 12)...and of course, we said "yes!" I am so excited to start planning - in the Fall. Have to get through 2 trips this year first.

Mariott Pinacle Downtown - $428 note that the transfer fee is only $13 pp each way since it is closer to port
( Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrdt-vancouver-marriott-pinnacle-downtown-hotel/ )

Fairmont Vancouver Airport - $580 for standard room
(Fairmont Vancouver Airport website: https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-airport-richmond/ )

Fairmont Waterfront - $580 note no transfer offered since it is across the street from the port
(Fairmont Waterfront website: https://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/ )

Are those US or Canadian dollars? :oops:

Are those US or Canadian dollars? :oops:

US

you may well be able to get better rates directly
From the hotel especially if you are eligible for special rates like CAA/AAA.

I’ve been researching hotel options as we plan do do five to seven days in Vancouver before and one night after. I have been using the equivalent dates this coming May to get an idea of pricing. If prices are similar next year booking direct with the hotel would be cheaper as long as you book far enough in advance. Plus you would get choice of room type etc. But next years prices won’t come out until about a year in advance for the hotels.

Hello everyone! We found our way here accidentally - had planned a summer cruise on the Fantasy with DH's whole family and it didn't work out after we saw prices on Tues/Weds. Then, yesterday, my MIL emailed and asked if we wanted to go with just them on her birthday cruise (5 of us instead of 12)...and of course, we said "yes!" I am so excited to start planning - in the Fall. Have to get through 2 trips this year first.

Welcome !!

Thanks for starting the group!
I feel like Alaska cruise is one you need at least a year to prepare! Not only saving for excursions but buying gear :)
I recently bought a couple of pairs of Columbia waterproof sneakers at 50% off (last years model). Saving them for Alaska.
I also got a pair of foldable Hunter rain boots.
Rain jackets, packable puffies etc - are on the list. I hope to buy things as I see them on sale.
It will be fun planning what to get and exchange other planning information!

Thanks for starting the group!
I feel like Alaska cruise is one you need at least a year to prepare! Not only saving for excursions but buying gear :)
I recently bought a couple of pairs of Columbia waterproof sneakers at 50% off (last years model). Saving them for Alaska.
I also got a pair of foldable Hunter rain boots.
Rain jackets, packable puffies etc - are on the list. I hope to buy things as I see them on sale.
It will be fun planning what to get and exchange other planning information!

Welcome !

I don't know that it is more preparing than for other cruises necessarily, but it is different. e.g. I am sun sensitive, so for Caribbean and Bahamas cruises and WDW need sun protective clothing and swimwear. Don't need as much of that for Alaska, and have much of what we will need already since we live in Canada and get real seasons here. :-)

I do need some waterproof shoes of some kind though. Am waiting to get them until we figure out the excursions we plan on doing.

Pre/post hotel I think we have figured out. Same with flights. Can't book either until late May or into June.

SW

Welcome !

I don't know that it is more preparing than for other cruises necessarily, but it is different. e.g. I am sun sensitive, so for Caribbean and Bahamas cruises and WDW need sun protective clothing and swimwear. Don't need as much of that for Alaska, and have much of what we will need already since we live in Canada and get real seasons here. :-)

I do need some waterproof shoes of some kind though. Am waiting to get them until we figure out the excursions we plan on doing.

Pre/post hotel I think we have figured out. Same with flights. Can't book either until late May or into June.

SW

We take a lot of Caribbean cruises and vacations and I actually have an abundance of swim cover ups, beach bags and flip flops ;) Dont own a whole lot of cold weather gear that would be packable enough for Alaska.
We also live in Canada - SW Ont, it was so mild here this winter I didn’t even wear my winter coat much. Just a fall jacket.
We need waterproof jackets, packable jackets and other things I don’t currently own.
You can check out the Columbia store online, they have some waterproof shoes on sale for like $64.
I’m sure they will have them later this year or next year at this time, but I like the styles so picked up a pair for me and hubby. Not buying any for kid yet as feet keep growing...
What hotel did you decide on pre cruise?
Those prices are :scared1:

Last edited:
We take a lot of Caribbean cruises and vacations and I actually have an abundance of swim cover ups, beach bags and flip flops ;) Dont own a whole lot of cold weather gear that would be packable enough for Alaska.
We also live in Canada - SW Ont, it was so mild here this winter I didn’t even wear my winter coach much. Just a fall jacket.
We need waterproof jackets, packable jackets and other things I don’t currently own.
You can check out the Columbia store online, they have some waterproof shoes on sale for like $64.
I’m sure they will have them later this year or next year at this time, but I like the styles so picked up a pair for me and hubby. Not buying any for kid yet as feet keep growing...
What hotel did you decide on pre cruise?
Those prices are :scared1:

We're in Ottawa so have made use of the parka and Bogs many time this winter.

We think we'll do the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, but are not set in stone. We can get a special rate there that makes the price not so crazy.

That said, for the last few months I have been pricing out various Vancouver hotels for similar dates this May to get an idea of cost. The prices are just really that crazy high in Vancouver. It is even worse into the summer proper. I was not expecting Disney-esque prices in a Canadian city.... wowzers.

Another hotel we are considering is the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Downtown. But I keep going back to the Fairmont and its hypoallergenic floor.

SW

Hi everyone! Just moved our cancelled 5/18/20 cruise to Alaska to the 5/17/21 cruise. Bummed we have to wait another year, but hopefully the world will be calmer by then. Now just have to work on moving flights. Had all my gear ready to go so now have the sad task of putting it all away until next year. Even got my new ears in the mail the other day. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Only 404 days to go! Sigh.

Hi everyone! Just moved our cancelled 5/18/20 cruise to Alaska to the 5/17/21 cruise. Bummed we have to wait another year, but hopefully the world will be calmer by then. Now just have to work on moving flights. Had all my gear ready to go so now have the sad task of putting it all away until next year. Even got my new ears in the mail the other day. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Only 404 days to go! Sigh.

Welcome ! Sorry you had to move this year's cruise, but glad to have you join us next year !

SW

FYI if you are looking at staying at the FAIRMONT VANCOUVER AIRPORT post-cruise, they have some GREAT rates right now, as low as CAD$349 per night.

I do not expect them to last long before they increase significantly.

I discovered when booking our pre-cruise stay there that they seem to initially load the rates low and they stay that way for a week or week and a half, then they significantly increase.

So, e.g. I booked 10-17 May 2021 on 11 May 2020 and got a rate of $349 a night for a Deluxe 2 queen bed room. midway through this past week the same rate for that room increased to $534 [but the Fairmont rooms are now cheaper than the deluxe, at $492; they were $50 a night more than the deluxe before, which normally they are the cheapest rooms].

I would expect to see a similar pattern for the post-cruise dates.

Just a heads-up.

Most of the rates right now can be booked with a credit card guarantee, NO deposit, and cancelable upto the day before checkin [verify before booking !!!!].

Also, the Bed and Breakfast rate may be an even better deal -- same price as AAA but it includes breakfast for two !!

I also note they do not appear to have "loaded" all their rates into the online system, so it is possible other promtional rates will come up between now and then, but you can always rebook or call the hotel and change your exisiting reservation to a new rate.

Good luck !

Alrighty - just rebooked our flights to Vancouver from our cancelled May 2020 Alaska trip. Flights were actually way cheaper than before so that was a relief. The airline has extended their modified cancellation policy through July so any flights booked are completely refundable or can at least be changed with no fees, including the super saver fares. Had to use up the credit so went ahead and pulled the trigger. Ordered my Disney masks for everyone, but at least it is Alaska so if we have to mask up, we can use scarves or wraps. Trying to stay positive - or delusional - but whatever works at this point. 313 days to go! (cry)

Canadian government just announced a full year ban on all cruise ships carrying 100 or more people from docking in Canada until February 28, 2022. Time to reschedule our trip for the second time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!